PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Duke put this kid in CAPS or something and get him to play for us?

Kewlswim
04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Please note, this post's title is somewhat tongue-n-cheek. Obviously, if this young man is having problems it is most important that he deal with them and football is just a game.

According to the rumors section of SI:

Cornerback Laurence Marius has left Georgia Tech, returned home to Key West, Fla., and plans to give up football, his mother said Tuesday night. Marius was one of the most highly rated recruits in Tech's 2006 freshman class. Alona Marius said her son had been depressed for a for a few weeks and had lost a lot of weight.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/11/truth.rumors.college/index.html

I think the Devils could use him, that is if he wanted to play. I wonder what is really behind his leaving school. Sometimes a change of scenery can light a fire and he will develop as originally expected. Maybe he just broke-up with his girlfriend and "life is over." Then again, he might have a serious problem with depression and being at home is not going to solve it either, but getting it properly diagnosed and treated--be it therapy and medication or both is in the young man's best interest. I hope and pray that he is getting the right help and not just sitting alone in a room at his Mom's house making things potentially spiral into something that becomes harder and harder to climb out of. If he is suffering from serious depression I hope that the GT people did something to try and diagnose the situation before he left school. Good luck son.

GO DUKE!

JJweMISSu
04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
quick question, not to put down our football team at DUKE, but if you are not going to play at GT why DUKE football. I mean we didnt even win a game.

Kewlswim
04-11-2007, 06:35 PM
quick question, not to put down our football team at DUKE, but if you are not going to play at GT why DUKE football. I mean we didnt even win a game.

Hi,

Because Duke football, at some point, will turn the corner. When it does, it will be a lot of fun to be on that ride. I don't think Roof will be the one to turn it, but I am willing to jump on board and hope he does. Furthermore, at Duke the young man might be able to find a group of guys he feels more comfortable with. Chemistry is a strange thing and perhaps he will feel, in general, more at home at Duke. I refuse to give up on Duke football, although it seems many here have. Fear not, our golden light will shine!

GO DUKE!

OZZIE4DUKE
04-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Because Duke football, at some point, will turn the corner. When it does, it will be a lot of fun to be on that ride. I don't think Roof will be the one to turn it, but I am willing to jump on board and hope he does.

I refuse to give up on Duke football, although it seems many here have. Fear not, our golden light will shine!

GO DUKE!

Welcome to MY team, Kewlswim!

Kewlswim
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to MY team, Kewlswim!

HI,

Thank you kind sir.

GO DUKE FOOTBALL!

GopherBlue
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Not to make light of a potentially serious problem, but do you really think Duke Football is healthy for someone already dealing with depression?

Kewlswim
04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Not to make light of a potentially serious problem, but do you really think Duke Football is healthy for someone already dealing with depression?

Hi,

Duke is good place for any pesron dealing with depression. The medical facilities are fantastic. The demands on him would be less than at GT where they expect to win ACC crowns. I think this, in all honesty, could be the best place in the world for him. Stanford would be up there too.

GO DUKE!