PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Case Scenarios

Black Mambo
03-18-2009, 06:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3992254&sportCat=ncb

Duke's is hilarious. Best case scenario anyway...

CLT Devil
03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Worst case is pretty funny too; "Tyler Hansbrough wins the game, hitting a hook shot after moving his pivot foot three times."

dukeballer2294
03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
i like the "and singler recieves a 3/4 court length pass and hits the shot"

flyingdutchdevil
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Quoting Pat Forde:

Worst Case: Lawson's troublesome toe never fully recovers, and neither do the Heels. They're beaten in the Sweet 16 by Gonzaga, the only team in the region with the talent to trade open shots with Carolina and win. Hansbrough gets no calls after jumping into Gonzaga players an NCAA-record 26 times in a single game. Ol' Roy overuses his bench, gets uptight, loses and gets misty-eyed postgame. Says he's gonna frickin' miss these guys, but does not ramble incoherently the way he did after Kansas loss last year. Because he really won't miss their frickin' lax defense. Duke wins it all.

BD80
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Forde really did a nice job on this one. Funny as heck, but SO much truth!

He really does know the schools, the rivalries, the teams and the coaches.

Arizona (12)

Worst Case: ... With Wildcats down 10 at the first TV timeout against Utah, Olson comes out of the stands and pushes interim coach Russ Pennell out of the huddle to take over coaching. ...

RelativeWays
03-18-2009, 08:37 PM
The scary thing is the worst case scenario really isn't that far fetched.

DukieBoy
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
This cracked me up.

"Duke meets Syracuse after Hansbrough is called for traveling on a potential game winning shot."

I lost it after reading this.

Then in worst case

"Hansbrough hits the game winning shot after changing his pivot foot three times"

I LOVE Pat Forde now.

BD80
03-18-2009, 08:50 PM
The scary thing is the worst case scenario really isn't that far fetched.

He could have gone a bit further with the unc worst case and said that 8 players turn pro after the loss.

Forde does take multiple shots at the heels:

Kansas draws North Carolina in the title game. Ol' Roy is still puckered from last year, and the Jayhawks win it all again

KrazyKfan
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm just glad someone recognizes the fact he travels. I was starting to think I was crazy.

chi
03-18-2009, 09:29 PM
UCONN:

"Third time in four years Connecticut is upset by a much lower seed, and much of the Nutmeg State joins Krayeske in suggesting that Calhoun is overpaid. "

Clipsfan
03-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Most of the comments are pretty snarky, but since I can laugh at the Duke ones I don't feel all that bad about laughing at many of the other schools. Thanks for the heads up!

SoCalDukeFan
03-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Radford holds Hansborough scoreless and has a 2 point lead with seconds to go.
Hansborough misses a 3 but is fouled.
He makes 1 misses the other 2, UNC losses and JJ is stil the ACC scoring champ.

SoCal

ice-9
03-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Maryland's is funny too:

Maryland (10)

Best Case: Gary Williams and athletic director Debbie Yow embrace after the Terrapins upset both California and Memphis to reach the Sweet 16. Not done there, Greivis Vasquez solves Missouri's pressure defense, and the Terps reach the regional final before losing to UConn. Williams says, "This run is for you, Debbie." Yow responds, "Lifetime contract, Gary." Without encouragement or involvement from Under Armour, recruits line up to sign with the Terps.

Worst Case: Williams and Yow engage in hallway hissing match in Kansas City after Maryland loses by 20 to Cal. "I made this athletic department," Williams says. "I'm calling Tubby," Yow responds. Under Armour reps slip out the back door of the locker room. Duke and North Carolina go on to the Final Four.

DukieBoy
03-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Radford holds Hansborough scoreless and has a 2 point lead with seconds to go.
Hansborough misses a 3 but is fouled.
He makes 1 misses the other 2, UNC losses and JJ is stil the ACC scoring champ.

SoCal

I think I could almost handle Duke losing in the second round if UNC did this.

davekay1971
03-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Loved the column...thanks for the link.

The only thing I would change about UNC's section is the worst case (remotely possible) scenario is a loss to Butler if Lawson's toe is as bad as Ol Roy would like us to believe. Of course, Ol Roy is full of it...