PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the mlahart.com ads with all the Carolina stuff on DBR?

bjornolf
03-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I was just typing a reply to the Lawson toe thread, and I notice the ads on the right side of the screen were for www.mlahart.com, and it was all for Carolina jewelry, as in the ad was all Carolina blue and it was a bunch of stuff with images of UNC-CH and stuff. Can we get that outta here?

I realize that they make a lot of stuff for a lot of institutions (their front page has a Duke watch), but the ad that popped up here was all Carolina stuff. What's up with that?!

Man, I just saw it again when I was editing this post. Dudes, I don't come here to see that shade of blue! It hurts. I also don't come here to read "Carolina Jewelry & Accessories in Sterling". Here's what it looks like all up on the right side of my page on DBR RIGHT NOW!!! Make it go away, mommy!

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CPKbn_PTk-KroQEQoAEY2AQyCPzfqcoBO_cW

msdukie
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
And LaHart is a Duke grad too...makes this even worse...

-jk
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
I was just typing a reply to the Lawson toe thread, and I notice the ads on the right side of the screen were for www.mlahart.com, and it was all for Carolina jewelry, as in the ad was all Carolina blue and it was a bunch of stuff with images of UNC-CH and stuff. Can we get that outta here?

I realize that they make a lot of stuff for a lot of institutions (their front page has a Duke watch), but the ad that popped up here was all Carolina stuff. What's up with that?!

Man, I just saw it again when I was editing this post. Dudes, I don't come here to see that shade of blue! It hurts. I also don't come here to read "Carolina Jewelry & Accessories in Sterling". Here's what it looks like all up on the right side of my page on DBR RIGHT NOW!!! Make it go away, mommy!

If y'all keep talking about them, their ads will keep popping up. Easy answer - don't talk about 'em. Or talk about 'em in code.

-jk

elvis14
03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
If y'all keep talking about them, their ads will keep popping up. Easy answer - don't talk about 'em. Or talk about 'em in code.

-jk

I don't mind the advertisement anywhere near as much as I mind the proliferation of UNC posts and UNC posters/trolls on DBR lately. I remember one time last year there was a thread ridiculing IC (I know, like that's hard) because 1/2 of the posts on their front page were about Duke. Do we need to ridicule ourselves at this point?

bjornolf
03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
That's my point. They have a lot of good Duke stuff on their website. Couldn't we ask them to tailor the ad that shows up here to favor the better shade of blue?

CLT Devil
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
UNC products helping to pay the DBR bills...whats there not to like?

I got a Lahart watch at graduation that has all three championships on the face, one of my most valued posessions. Very high quality watch.

TillyGalore
03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
mlahart

duke

mlahart

duke

mlahart

duke

mlahart

duke

did that work?

Devilsfan
03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
It makes me not want to purchase anything advertised on the site.

DukieInKansas
03-18-2009, 05:35 PM

I got a Lahart watch at graduation that has all three championships on the face, one of my most valued posessions. Very high quality watch.

That's the attitude! Good way to look at it.

msdukie
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM

I bought the same watch at my 5-year reunion, I wear it everyday (except gameday...got to keep those superstitions going, you know....)