PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke seeded #1 in Berkeley

roywhite
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Congrats to Coach P and team.

Nearby Stanford is #2 seed in that region.

dukelifer
03-16-2009, 08:00 PM
If Texas advances to the eight it could be a Coach P - Coach G showdown

CameronBornAndBred
03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Nice to get the #1, we still get shafted on places to play. We might be playing Michigan State, Coach P's old school, on their homecourt, and then off to possibly face Stanford in Berkeley. The bright side is the women have proven they are a tough team anywhere. The downside is all our losses to the elite teams happened on their home courts, at FSU, at Maryland, at carolina. GO DUKE!!!!

CameronBornAndBred
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
If Texas advances to the eight it could be a Coach P - Coach G showdown
That would be fun. G sure didn't want it last year, I don't think she wants it this year, not as long as Abby, Carrem and Chante are on the team. They were pretty close from what I had heard.

burnspbesq
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
The Bracketology gods have displayed a truly sick sense of humor where the Duke women are concerned.

They play their first and (presumably) second round games at ... Michigan State.

If they advance to the second weekend, there is a potential matchup with Texas.

If they advance to the regional final, they may end up with a rematch with Stanford - on Cal's home floor.

Unreal.

burnspbesq
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
and then off to possibly face Stanford in Berkeley.

Stanford will have approximately the same homecourt advantage playing at Haas Pavilion that Duke would have playing at the DeanDome.

blueprofessor
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Stanford will have approximately the same homecourt advantage playing at Haas Pavilion that Duke would have playing at the DeanDome.

to fill it than for Duke fans to fill the DingDome (21,572).:cool:
Duke's trip to the FF will be along a very tough road trip.
Best--Blueprof:)

godukecom
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Also remember that cheering is not allowed in the nose dome, especially in the lower bowl. I do not know if Haas has similar regulations but I doubt it...

miramar
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Someone needs to explain to the committee that a #1 should get certain benefits, not problems. I don't care about a Michigan State matchup, but I don't like the idea of playing against Coach G.

devildeac
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
The Bracketology gods have displayed a truly sick sense of humor where the Duke women are concerned.

They play their first and (presumably) second round games at ... Michigan State.

If they advance to the second weekend, there is a potential matchup with Texas.

If they advance to the regional final, they may end up with a rematch with Stanford - on Cal's home floor.

Unreal.

Quite a reward for a #1 seed:rolleyes:.

zingit
03-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Perhaps it would have been better to be the 2-seed in Raleigh. But given that they thought we deserved the fourth 1-seed, there was really no way to avoid sending us out West. I'm not going to complain. We've got a veteran team that hopefully has learned (the hard way) how to stay tough in road games.

PumpkinFunk
03-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm not worried about today's game, but does a potential Tuesday showdown with Michigan State make anyone else really worried?

CameronBornAndBred
03-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not worried about today's game, but does a potential Tuesday showdown with Michigan State make anyone else really worried?
You never like to play anyone on their homecourt, especially since all of our losses have come on home courts (one was neutral, but I'm doing my best to forget that one. I think some other team showed up wearing Duke jerseys). That being said, Duke should be able to handle Coach P's team well. We have the #1 seed because we earned it, playing the hardest schedule in the country. McCallie gave us that schedule, just like K does, to prepare us for this time of year. The women are battle tested and should do fine.

dukelifer
03-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Someone needs to explain to the committee that a #1 should get certain benefits, not problems. I don't care about a Michigan State matchup, but I don't like the idea of playing against Coach G.

Texas got bounced in the first round.