PDA

View Full Version : "The Team I'll Be Rooting For is Duke."

BlueintheFace
03-16-2009, 12:52 AM
-Bob Knight from Sportscenter.

He also said that Duke plays the best actual basketball in the country with their spacing, movement, and defense.

He has Carolina winning it all, but I like it that he is rooting for us.

Dr. Tina
03-16-2009, 12:56 AM
That's great to hear Bob Knight say that, but I also think he may be just a lil bit biased since he has a certain former Army point guard coaching our team... :D

I hope UNC loses!!!

pamtar
03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Can anybody get a video link of this? Knight is such and anarchists.

I guess that's why we like him!

Bostondevil
03-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Shouldn't this be on a t-shirt? Julio? Bos?

pamtar
03-16-2009, 09:10 AM

Or a sweater, with or without the complimenting high collar polo...;)

weezie
03-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Even after all the (admittedly warranted) heat Knight has taken over the years, he still does not back down on anything. Man, how refreshing to hear somebody say something so totally un-PC!
Old silver-haired lunatic! I sure hope he does one of our games during the tourney.

Indoor66
03-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Or a sweater, with or without the complimenting high collar polo...;)

Or on a chair....

ClosetHurleyFan
03-16-2009, 11:31 AM
As a Carolina fan I really found myself hoping that a win Sunday for you guys would get you a number one seed even though I thought it was a stretch. Thought it would be good for the league and would really not impact Carolina getting one or not ;)

That being said, Congratulations, great year and unlike last year I think this team has a chance to go really deep, as good as anyone. No, I dont like this team against a a team loaded with Athletic front -court players, then again there are teams I dont like Carolina going against either. At the end of the day, its all about match-ups, that never changes.

Its going to be a fun March!

The Gordog
03-16-2009, 12:51 PM
-Bob Knight from Sportscenter.

He also said that Duke plays the best actual basketball in the country with their spacing, movement, and defense.

He has Carolina winning it all, but I like it that he is rooting for us.

It's so good that K and Knight have apparently patched things up. A testament to both extremely competitive men.

77devil
03-16-2009, 12:52 PM

And J&B should send a couple of the new t-shirts to Coach Knight.