PDA

View Full Version : Great job CRAZIES!!!

GP3NY
03-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Just wanted to say great job to the crazies that traveled all the way to Atlanta and screamed their butts off the entire 3 days!!! The Duke athletic office stuck them in the back of Duke's section this year but you could here them the entire time! They cheered the whole time and started to get some of the dud fans up and cheering too! GREAT JOB!!!! BEST FANS IN THE WORLD!

(also loved the start of the seminole cheer during the carolina game!!)

weezie
03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
They came through loud and clear on tv. Very pleased they were in full-throat.

Did K turn around and say something to a group of twerps that were sitting behind the Duke bench at the end of the fsu game? The twerps were yelling during a Duke free throw and I thought I caught a glimpse of K saying something when play resumed.

miramar
03-16-2009, 09:53 AM
My Crazie and her friends decided to move down and look for for empty seats and ended up sitting in the front row across from the bench the last two games. The coaches and players noticed them and seemed to appreciate it, so I guess she got her money's worth with my $400. Winning the ACC your senior year is definitely priceless.

DukeFencer
03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Glad the baby made the trip, too, although most people in the stadium didn't seem to know what was going on with that.

There was a Duke Alum sitting two rows in front of us (probably circa 1975/1980) and she didn't really know any of the songs or anything, but kept turning around to watch us and then would get really into it. Was a good time!

rtnorthrup
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
As an alumn, I drove up for the Saturday games at the Tourney and ended up buying a ticket in the Va. Tech section, next to Duke's. I noticed that the Duke students were in the back of the Duke section, but they represented themselves great. Was very proud to see the current crazies doing what they could to help the team.

The Georgia Dome is just not a very conducive arena for basketball. UNC fans got tickets directly behind the benches, but the DUKE and Va Tech sections seemed a long way away from the court.

Stray Gator
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Glad the baby made the trip, too, although most people in the stadium didn't seem to know what was going on with that.

There was a Duke Alum sitting two rows in front of us (probably circa 1975/1980) and she didn't really know any of the songs or anything, but kept turning around to watch us and then would get really into it. Was a good time!

My son ('00) and daughter ('06) and I ('70) sat directly in front of the Crazies and the "baby"--Section 106, Row 33, Seats 15-17. When we first arrived, I was not happy about our seats being so far back from the court. But we had so much fun being amidst the students, it made up for the distant view. And while it was particularly annoying that there were so many Carolina fans sitting around us on Friday and Saturday, we did enjoy maintaining a running commentary during their games that made them suffer for choosing to sit in the Duke section. :D

OldPhiKap
03-16-2009, 02:10 PM
It was great to see all the powder blue seats on Saturday filled by Royal Blue on Sunday.

The student section at the top of the arena was great. There was a large hole of empty seats to the left of the downstairs Duke seats -- was that the Maryland student section? I'm not sure whose seats those were, but they avoided the finals en masse.

GP3NY
03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
There was not one other student section from any other school but Duke! At least not one that cheered like ours did!

KrazyKfan
03-16-2009, 09:55 PM
As an alumn, I drove up for the Saturday games at the Tourney and ended up buying a ticket in the Va. Tech section, next to Duke's. I noticed that the Duke students were in the back of the Duke section, but they represented themselves great. Was very proud to see the current crazies doing what they could to help the team.

The Georgia Dome is just not a very conducive arena for basketball. UNC fans got tickets directly behind the benches, but the DUKE and Va Tech sections seemed a long way away from the court.

Oh that's just cause Swofford's used to be UNC's AD, and their sellouts. The Dean Dome's sideline? Alumni as far as the eye can see. Students get shoved behind the basket. Same thing goes for ACC tourney. Give the carolina alums the best seats so they can be close to the refs when they get pissed at them for not calling everything UNC's way.

Stray Gator
03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh that's just cause Swofford's used to be UNC's AD, and their sellouts. The Dean Dome's sideline? Alumni as far as the eye can see. Students get shoved behind the basket. Same thing goes for ACC tourney. Give the carolina alums the best seats so they can be close to the refs when they get pissed at them for not calling everything UNC's way.

FWIW, the seats reserved for Duke students at the ACC Tourney are always located at the back row or two of the downstairs Duke seating section for a reason--so the Crazies can stand (and jump up and down) during the game without blocking the view of others. It's a lot better than most schools, which stick their students in the upstairs seats and only allow the highest priority boosters downstairs.

MulletMan
03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
FWIW, the seats reserved for Duke students at the ACC Tourney are always located at the back row or two of the downstairs Duke seating section for a reason--so the Crazies can stand (and jump up and down) during the game without blocking the view of others. It's a lot better than most schools, which stick their students in the upstairs seats and only allow the highest priority boosters downstairs.

I think that the upstairs v. downstairs may depend on venue and seat allocations. In 2005 we were in the second deck at the MCI Center in D.C. Trust me, I almost got thrown out during the final against GT when I ran down to the edge of the deck, leaned over the protective glass and started yelling at the Iron Dukes, etc. downstairs to stand up for the last four minutes of the game. The first person up was Debbie K. The second was Mickie.

God bless those lovely ladies!

Stray Gator
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I think that the upstairs v. downstairs may depend on venue and seat allocations. In 2005 we were in the second deck at the MCI Center in D.C. Trust me, I almost got thrown out during the final against GT when I ran down to the edge of the deck, leaned over the protective glass and started yelling at the Iron Dukes, etc. downstairs to stand up for the last four minutes of the game. ...

Well, MM, they probably put you upstairs purposefully to avoid security issues. :D