PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson...On The Bubble, Kyle Singler...Best Of The Best

NYC Duke Fan
03-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I know that some of you do not read or respect Mitch Lawrence. That said in his column in today's New York Daily News he is discussing Pro Prospects.

He has 2 slam dunks...Blake Griffin and James Harden soph at Arizona St.

He has Henderson on the lottery bubble, describing him as a shooting guard with range.

He has Singler as one of the best of the rest and quoted one scout who said that Singler could be a top 15 pick if he came out. " He can make open shots and has a good feel. Plus he has a mid-range game ".

The On The Bubble included the following :

Demar Rozen...USC Freshman
Eric Maynor...reminded readers that he beat Duke in 2007 with a game winning shot
Darren Collison...concerns about his size

The Best Of The Rest included the following :

Ty Lawson, who one scout questioned whether he could run a pro offense .
Al-Farouq Aminu....no 3 point range
Jeff Teague...good size for a point guard
Earl Clark...sometimes he looks like he is playing in slow motion, but noone denies that he has the talent to play in the NBA
DeJuan Blair...An undersized power forward who might have trouble in the NBA

He has Hansbrough as a fringe first rounder along with Chase Budinger from Arizona

It is not a very talented group of players compared to recent years which is not the very best of news for Henderson and Singler staying on.

studdlee10
03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see how James Harden is a better pro prospect than G. They are both roughly in the 6'4 height range, which is on the short side for the NBA. While Harden is the more consistent shooter and dribbler right now, I just don't think he has the athleticism to be a star in the NBA.

NBA history has taught us that very few successful SG's have been "crafty" and lacked top end athleticism. If you look at the NBA right now the only player that fits that mold is perhaps Ginobili, but he's 6'6-6'7.

moonpie23
03-15-2009, 09:45 AM
i guess i am lucky i make my living in ways OTHER than evaluating NBA potential......i thought Mike dunleavy Jr was CLEARLY not ready to make the jump.....even tho he struggled the first couple of seasons, i chalk that up to being on the wrong team . (and i still think JJ will fare much better when he leaves the magic)

I also lost a dinner bet to a friend over julius hodge when i said he would NEVER play a single game in the nba....(heart over intellect)

therefore, i am declaring that both Kyle AND G need to stay another season...

:)

duke74
03-15-2009, 09:52 AM
He has Henderson on the lottery bubble, describing him as a shooting guard with range.

What struck me in the article was his comment in the G discussion, "[B]ut since when do Duke stars turn into NBA stars?"

NYC Duke Fan
03-15-2009, 09:56 AM
What struck me in the article was his comment in the G discussion, "[B]ut since when do Duke stars turn into NBA stars?"

I guess he forgot about Grant Hill, Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer

duke74
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
I guess he forgot about Grant Hill, Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer

My thoughts as well. Almost emailed him, but figured it wasn't worth it. Anything for a "sound"bite I guess.

Marty10
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/ is a pretty good website, and they have G going #6 to Minnesota and Singler going #22 to the Hornets in their latest Mock Draft.

roywhite
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Just my .02, but why talk about NBA early entrants at a time when our team is competing in the NCAA Tournament? There's time enough after the season ends.

-jk
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Let's wait until after the season to revisit the draft.

-jk