PDA

View Full Version : Get your butts down to Atlanta!

Jumbo
03-14-2009, 06:47 PM
(If you have the means of course.) With the Heels losing, there should be plenty of tickets available. Winning an ACC title would be a huge, huge thing for these kids. If you can get down there, go support 'em!

Channing
03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
i got tix for 20 dollars a piece - there are tons to be had - come on down!

Bob Green
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
I'd love to go but even if you guys took up a collection and bought me a plane ticket, I couldn't make it there in time.

Laettner92
03-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have any info on what tickets are going for down at the dome?Id love to make it to the final tomorrow.

CameronBornAndBred
03-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm curious to know if they even sold tickets for the upper level. Absolutely nobody is up there. I'd be in Atlanta tomorrow if I were closer, will be nice not having the baby blues there to root against us.

blueprofessor
03-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Does anyone have any info on what tickets are going for down at the dome?Id love to make it to the final tomorrow.

See the Get Your Butts Down to Atlanta thread.

The Duke fans there are always helpful in locating tix.Tix are plentiful!:D

Best--Blueprofessor:)

Cary
03-14-2009, 07:22 PM
It is a buyer's market. Easy to get tickets for face. There are a LOT of seats in the Dome....

Laettner92
03-14-2009, 07:22 PM
The upper deck looks closed off its so empty.Im only 45 minutes from the ATL and would love to go if i could find some affordable tickets.

cbsbluedevil
03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
fyi...
I was at the dome in one of the duke sections. After carolina lost, tickets were readily available. One friend bought 4 for $60 ($15 each) and 2 for $20 ($10 each). These tix were all in Carolina section on 2nd level (center-ish court view).
On MARTA, I saw a girl trying to give away 8 tix. I think someone eventually took her up on the offer. Must not have been great seats, but sounded free from what I heard.
Also, they sold a few upper level seats, but most were at midcourt and only about 8-10 rows at most.
If you walk to the dome tomorrow with a $20, you should be able to snag a pair if your bargaining is good.

I'd encourage anyone who can come out to come down to the dome tomorrow. GO DUKE!

-jk
03-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Good tickets should be about face. Great tickets will still have a premium, and the cheap seats will be, well, cheap.

If you're close and haven't ever attended an ACC, go! Win or lose tomorrow, it's a unique experience. You won't have many chances at this price.

And we'll need all the support we can get!

-jk

pamtar
03-14-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm sure some the the Atlanta Mafioso can scout around for tickets... Shammrog? PFKA Earl Jam?

DU82
03-14-2009, 07:40 PM
fyi...
I was at the dome in one of the duke sections. After carolina lost, tickets were readily available. One friend bought 4 for $60 ($15 each) and 2 for $20 ($10 each). These tix were all in Carolina section on 2nd level (center-ish court view).
On MARTA, I saw a girl trying to give away 8 tix. I think someone eventually took her up on the offer. Must not have been great seats, but sounded free from what I heard.
Also, they sold a few upper level seats, but most were at midcourt and only about 8-10 rows at most.
If you walk to the dome tomorrow with a $20, you should be able to snag a pair if your bargaining is good.

I'd encourage anyone who can come out to come down to the dome tomorrow. GO DUKE!

Downstairs tickets (they had midcourt seats) were going for less than face value (which is $36.) Don't let the scalpers fool you into paying any more than face, for sure, and if you just want to get in, $10-15 will do it for 200 level tickets.

Some of the people now Driving Home Safely probably took their tickets with them.

DU82
03-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Good tickets should be about face. Great tickets will still have a premium, and the cheap seats will be, well, cheap.

If you're close and haven't ever attended an ACC, go! Win or lose tomorrow, it's a unique experience. You won't have many chances at this price.

And we'll need all the support we can get!

-jk

You overestimated the market (which is rare!) Today's tickets were face or less, tomorrow's are way under.

One thing to remember is that FSU is about 3 1/2 hours away (275 miles, for you only three hours! :) They didn't have a lot of people there, but I saw a fair number of their students or young alumni looking for tickets at game time this afternoon. I'm guessing if they're not in spring break, more might make the trip tomorrow.

Acymetric
03-14-2009, 08:15 PM
The upper deck looks closed off its so empty.Im only 45 minutes from the ATL and would love to go if i could find some affordable tickets.

Dude, just head down. Probably more than half the arena just opened up with Carolina going down (even if some of them keep tickets and some come back). You'll be able to get tickets for face or less (face is something like $77 I believe). Almost certainly less. We need all the Duke blue we can get!

CameronBornAndBred
03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm hoping we have the same bench tomorrow, and get all the 'holes seats filled with the better blue. I didn't notice who was sitting behind the other bench.

Lavabe
03-14-2009, 09:17 PM
If Jimmy is going to be there, I might stand a chance at convincing my wife and daughter to make a road trip.:D

Acymetric
03-14-2009, 09:26 PM
If Jimmy is going to be there, I might stand a chance at convincing my wife and daughter to make a road trip.:D

I wish you luck! Heck, try and bring some friends with you!

moonpie23
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
best flights i found from rdu are $327 RT...

Acymetric
03-14-2009, 09:38 PM
best flights i found from rdu are $327 RT...

Fly from RDU!? From Durham its a 5:30 to 6:30 hour drive depending on what type of driver you are and it'll only cost 60-100 dollars round trip (depending on what you drive), so its way cheaper! Its totally worth it (I drove down Thursday night), we need all the fans we can get.

OldPhiKap
03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
The day started with about half the arena that ugly powder blue. Half of them left after the FSU upset, and the rest filed out when we were up on Md with about 5 minutes left. There should be PLENTY of tickets. I saw many trying to sell inside the arena on the way out, and there were plenty of scalpers around as well.

As a side note, it is amazing how strong the Carolina faithful travel (or at least this year). They were absolutely EVERYWHERE. Curious to see how many show up tomorrow.

Channing
03-14-2009, 09:50 PM
The day started with about half the arena that ugly powder blue. Half of them left after the FSU upset, and the rest filed out when we were up on Md with about 5 minutes left. There should be PLENTY of tickets. I saw many trying to sell inside the arena on the way out, and there were plenty of scalpers around as well.

As a side note, it is amazing how strong the Carolina faithful travel (or at least this year). They were absolutely EVERYWHERE. Curious to see how many show up tomorrow.

with about 5 minutes in the Duke game there was a mass exodus of Carolina fans - Duke started the drive home safely chant - it was great.

Tix should be abundant!

duketaylor
03-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Tix will be about $20 by gametime, only problem is Ga Dome absolutely sucks as a venue, that's why I'm not there right now. I've stayed home and may go to G'boro next Thurs or Friday. I started my vacation this afternoon, just before leaving work I went on the 4 letter to check the first semi score-what a great way to start a vacation, FSU wins. Then went and watched the Duke game at my usual haunt, another nice feeling. Played golf yesterday at Kingsmill in W'burg in the frigid rain, tied for 1st, another harbinger of good thing to come;)

GO DUKE!!!
9F9F9F9F!!!!!

gadzooks
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
with about 5 minutes in the Duke game there was a mass exodus of Carolina fans - Duke started the drive home safely chant - it was great.Hee hee! While taking livehead16 back to her hotel this evening, we drove past the Maryland team bus, and we started the same chant. Today was a good day!

We got good seats for tomorrow for way cheaper than they were going for today, so y'all definitely come down!

DukeFencer
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Definitely heading in tomorrow with a couple of people. What is the best time to get there in order to get tickets? (We're not looking to get best available, I'd say definitely under $40 but pref around $20) My friend will be coming after church, I'm planning on training in, getting tickets and waiting for her.

nathancjack
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I have had the cheapest possible tickets (for example, yesterday I bought 300 level (the highest deck) semis and finals tickets from a professional scalper for 50% of face) for every game of the tourney and have never left the first level. Today I sat about 10 rows off the end line. It is very easy to find good, empty seats in which to sit (especially now that all the pale blue people are home crying in their beer). It should not be a problem getting cheap seats for $20 and then sitting in good seats.

KShip21
03-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I got in for $40 today (without buying a ticket. But that's another story). A tarheel sold me 2 Tix in sec 120 row 24 for $25 a piece for tomorrow. The heels fans were "giving" their tix away. So get down there and root our boys on. Everyone else will be rooting against us. So get down there tomorrow and buysome tickets!

Lord Ash
03-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I wish! Too bad Atlanta is a bit far away for this NJ boy:(

I did really enjoy watching the Carolina guys abandon their spot behind our bench tonight, and at how the UNC fans who were just hanging on in the hope we lost jump ship... bye bye!:)

Atldukie79
03-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I spent $40 for a $72 ticket and sat on the 4th row. Awesome seats. With more patience and an interest in negotiating with about 15 sellers (I was the only buyer) I could have done better...but I admit to falling for the great seats. Easy tickets. Come on down!