PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke-MD in ACCT Semi-finals pre-game and in-game thread

Bob Green
03-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Place your pre-game thoughts here. Beating a team three times in one season is hard but not impossible. We will need to play strong against the Terps to advance to the finals. This is an important game (aren't they all?) for us.

Acymetric
03-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Anyone who can make the trip, PLEASE try to get to the dome and buy some tickets outside. Its going to be packed with UNC fans!

InSpades
03-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Any chance the Terps are playing for a bid tomorrow? I know most people thought they were in w/ a win over Wake but the bubble is definitely shrinking. Temple/Duquesne is a bid off the table. USC potentially winning the Pac 10 is another. SDS could steal another (and might just make it as an at-large). Baylor could steal one as well. Same with Miss. St.

RainingThrees
03-14-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm waiting for Vasquez to say that Atlanta is "His house". Oh, and someone tell Nolan to watch out for that big guy Neal.

davekay1971
03-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Let's put the final nail in that coffin by sending them packing today.

gw67
03-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I look forward to the game. I anticipate that it will be a close game with the Devils' talent advantage and fresher legs showing up in the second half.

gw67

CDu
03-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I definitely prefer playing Maryland to Wake, because I think Duke matches up better with Maryland and because Wake is simply a better team. But that said, I'm never happy about Duke playing Maryland. The Terps are rough, they're pesky, they have a couple of dangerous players, and they have a coach who knows how to get his team amped up for game's against the elite - even if they're overmatched talentwise.

The first key - as always - is containing Vazquez. The second key is to not forget about everyone else when trying to contain Vazquez. We have the better team. If Duke executes offensively and don't let Maryland outhustle, outphysical, and out-Vazquez them, we should be happy campers this evening. That's obviously easier said than done.

Can't wait until this afternoon to cheer for FSU to upset UNC and then cheer for the Devils to get to yet another ACC tournament final.

blueprofessor
03-14-2009, 10:17 AM
be on fire against Duke.:mad:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/mens/bal-sp.maese14mar14,0,5347847.column

Best--Blueprof:)

davekay1971
03-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Can someone remember to call out the screens for Nolan this time around?

Ben63
03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Any chance the Terps are playing for a bid tomorrow? I know most people thought they were in w/ a win over Wake but the bubble is definitely shrinking. Temple/Duquesne is a bid off the table. USC potentially winning the Pac 10 is another. SDS could steal another (and might just make it as an at-large). Baylor could steal one as well. Same with Miss. St.

The Terps have to be in. Yes they have some bad losses but no one on the bubble has 3 wins as good as Michigan State, Wake Forest, and UNC. Those are two #1 seeds and a #3 seed. I think regardless of today's result Maryland is in. But I still dont like them. GO DUKE!!!!!

dukestheheat
03-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm waiting for Vasquez to say that Atlanta is "His house". Oh, and someone tell Nolan to watch out for that big guy Neal.

prepping for a tomahawk DUNK to welcome Mr. Neal to Atlanta.

LET'S GO DUKE!

dth.

dukestheheat
03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I definitely prefer playing Maryland to Wake, because I think Duke matches up better with Maryland and because Wake is simply a better team. But that said, I'm never happy about Duke playing Maryland. The Terps are rough, they're pesky, they have a couple of dangerous players, and they have a coach who knows how to get his team amped up for game's against the elite - even if they're overmatched talentwise.

The first key - as always - is containing Vazquez. The second key is to not forget about everyone else when trying to contain Vazquez. We have the better team. If Duke executes offensively and don't let Maryland outhustle, outphysical, and out-Vazquez them, we should be happy campers this evening. That's obviously easier said than done.

Can't wait until this afternoon to cheer for FSU to upset UNC and then cheer for the Devils to get to yet another ACC tournament final.

...that Maryland is playing their third game in three days. Fatigue is going to be a factor late in the second half. Also, we are flat out a better basketball team than Maryland and despite their couple of wins, I don't think they're playing particularly well.

dth.

CDu
03-14-2009, 11:17 AM
...that Maryland is playing their third game in three days. Fatigue is going to be a factor late in the second half. Also, we are flat out a better basketball team than Maryland and despite their couple of wins, I don't think they're playing particularly well.

dth.

I agree with all of those things. The counter to that is that they are often buoyed emotionally by Vazquez, whose game is so smooth that I wonder if he'll be bothered by fatigue. But yes, we could be able to wear Maryland down given that they've had to play two tough games back to back already, and they will likely have to play another game at full intensity to get a win today.

Chard
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Place your pre-game thoughts here. Beating a team three times in one season is hard but not impossible. We will need to play strong against the Terps to advance to the finals. This is an important game (aren't they all?) for us.

Okay, guys. Whats would be the best scenario for Duke? A win first of all, of course. So, who to you want to play?

Bob is right about getting three wins in a season against a good opponent. If that holds true, who would you rather see on Sunday; FSU or UNC? Duke has two wins over FSU and we all know they weren't easy. UNC has two wins against Duke this season but they are a very good team that is built to exploit Duke's weaknesses. Pick your poison, guys.

My pride is saying that I would like to see UNC on Sunday and get sweet, sweet revenge. My brain is telling me, FSU would be the better match up.

Highlander
03-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Okay, guys. Whats would be the best scenario for Duke? A win first of all, of course. So, who to you want to play?

Bob is right about getting three wins in a season against a good opponent. If that holds true, who would you rather see on Sunday; FSU or UNC? Duke has two wins over FSU and we all know they weren't easy. UNC has two wins against Duke this season but they are a very good team that is built to exploit Duke's weaknesses. Pick your poison, guys.

My pride is saying that I would like to see UNC on Sunday and get sweet, sweet revenge. My brain is telling me, FSU would be the better match up.

I would take (in this order)
1. UNC sans Lawson
2. FSU
3. UNC w/ Lawson

CDu
03-14-2009, 01:38 PM

In terms of likelihood of winning the championship, I would rather play FSU. I'd obviously much prefer to beat UNC, but I want first and foremost to get the ACC championship. And I think UNC has a bigger margin for error to beat Duke. FSU can certainly beat Duke, but the likelihood is much less. I've gotten old enough to have learned to look past pride.

Of course, it depends on if Lawson plays. But if Duke and UNC win today, I have a sneaking suspicion we'll see Lawson in the final. And if Lawson plays, that's bad for us. Thus, I'd rather see FSU win today and increase our chances of winning.

allenmurray
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with all of those things. The counter to that is that they are often buoyed emotionally by Vazquez, whose game is so smooth that I wonder if he'll be bothered by fatigue. But yes, we could be able to wear Maryland down given that they've had to play two tough games back to back already, and they will likely have to play another game at full intensity to get a win today.

After watching Syracuse beat WV in OT last night, after playing the 6 OT game the night beofer, I don't buy teams being at a disadvantage due to fatigue anymore.

banneheim
03-14-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree, Syracuse has shown unbelievable will....It will be interesting to see what they do in the NCAA...

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
In terms of likelihood of winning the championship, I would rather play FSU. I'd obviously much prefer to beat UNC, but I want first and foremost to get the ACC championship. And I think UNC has a bigger margin for error to beat Duke. FSU can certainly beat Duke, but the likelihood is much less. I've gotten old enough to have learned to look past pride.

Of course, it depends on if Lawson plays. But if Duke and UNC win today, I have a sneaking suspicion we'll see Lawson in the final. And if Lawson plays, that's bad for us. Thus, I'd rather see FSU win today and increase our chances of winning.

Someone (Feldspar maybe?) mentioned this in another thread: once you hit the tournaments, Survive and Advance is the law. Period. I don't care who we beat. I don't care how we beat them. I don't care if we win by 1 or 100, if one guy carries us or everyone contributes equally, or if there's a "controversial" finish that gives ammo to the Duke-haters. If we win, good. If we lose, bad.

That said, I think we have a better chance against almost anyone in the country than we have against UNC. We match up very, very badly with them and they seem to have our number this season. Further, any scenario were UNC loses is good. Always. That's what a rivalry is. I think we have a better chance against FSU, but more than that UNC has a better chance of not winning if FSU beats them. I want to win today, but just as much I want UNC to lose and I want them to lose big. Today, tomorrow, and forever.

tele
03-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Is Len Terpmore going to be calling the game? He practically coaches Dukes opponent when he does the games.

Indoor66
03-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Is Len Terpmore going to be calling the game? He practically coaches Dukes opponent when he does the games.

I've got Raycom and G-Man is doing the game.

jv001
03-14-2009, 04:12 PM

elmore coaching the players of the other team. It's the ref's I worry about. Go Duke!

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I dunno where the offensive aggressiveness from EWill came from.

He needs to go back to the game coming to him.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Why are these tourny refs so jump ball happy?

Greg_Newton
03-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow. Didn't think Patrick could top confusing Singler with Lance Thomas yesterday, but confusing Duke with North Carolina might take the cake..

GADevilFan
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't want to get significantly behind.....

_Gary
Why are these tourny refs so jump ball happy?

That was the quickest whistle on a jump ball I have ever seen - literally!

jv001
Something tell me we will need good games from Nolan and Greg if md keeps giving Elliot that open 3. Would love to see Lance toughen up and rebound better. Go Duke!

paulusintheclutch
03-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Not looking good so far...

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow. So Singler gets hacked, no call. But Smith barely touches a guy and a foul is called?

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Didn't realize you could travel WITHOUT the ball...

jv001
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Didn't realize you could travel WITHOUT the ball...

I've seen a no call on that play so many times this year.Sometimes I think the refs want to be the stars of the game (Lenny Wirtz). Go Duke!

pfrduke
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Something tell me we will need good games from Nolan and Greg if md keeps giving Elliot that open 3. Would love to see Lance toughen up and rebound better. Go Duke!

Looks like E might not get the minutes this game he's been getting recently (he's already spent more time on the bench this game than the last 3 or 4).

Greg_Newton
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Alright Nolan!!! He looks a lot sharper and more focused than yesterday to me, that's great to see. I hope Elliot can get a couple shots to fall to get some offensive confidence back... if they're not going to guard him we'll need him to score, and he's certainly capable of it. Otherwise, like pfrduke says, he'll be on the bench and we'll surely miss his D and energy.

Solid effort so far IMO, we did a good job of weathering their initial storm that was probably buoyed by their carried-over momentum. We've done a good job of avoiding mental lapses. Hopefully we can go on a little spurt here when the big three get going and create some separation going into halftime. Scheyer looked great on last shot, if he gets into rhythm I could see him having a big game today.

Edit: Hate to see him cringing after sliding on his ribs like that, but in the long run it bodes very well for him that he's showing absolutely no timidity or hesitation coming back from the big hit.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Nolan is finding a niche!

Section 8
03-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but Vasquez is talking smack non-stop to EW when he's in. Watch on free throws and dead balls...his jaw is working overtime.

jv001
Looks like E might not get the minutes this game he's been getting recently (he's already spent more time on the bench this game than the last 3 or 4).

You are correct. The starting lineup against the sagging defense isn't looking so good. Lance and Elliot are not big scoring threats. Go Duke!

chrisheery
opportunity to move Paulus off the ball and let him shoot the open jumpers that EWill doesn't seem ready to shoot.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Where were these illegal screen calls last game when Neal set one?

GADevilFan
03-14-2009, 04:47 PM
He ie REALLY playing hard.....

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow, ANOTHER moving screen on Neal against Smith. NO CALL.

_Gary
03-14-2009, 04:49 PM
And the goon strikes again.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:50 PM
And the goon strikes again.

Yep. They call Lance and Brian for the same garbage, but he gets away with it.

It's getting pretty stupid at this point.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Similar tap on the arm on the Singler 3 attempt and no call. Rice got that call last night....

ArtVandelay
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone else playing the Mike Patrick drinking game? Drink every time he either a) incorrectly identifies a player (drink twice if he makes an incorrect cross-racial identification); b) mispronounces a name; or c) calls the game action incorrectly.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Just heard the announcer say "Singler takes a flop." WTH?

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 04:56 PM
HOLY HELL! They called Neal for an illegal screen!

there is a god.

GADevilFan
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Is it just me, or is Gary particularly odious today??

Greg_Newton
03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Where were these illegal screen calls last game when Neal set one?

Yeah, and that screen a few minutes back when Neal clearly extended his right arm to push Nolan over... I didn't like that. However, it's to see them call that one on him just now. Terrible call on Singler though.

I gotta say, I kind of wish they'd just let Elliot fire away a couple wide open threes here. I know he missed a couple at the beginning, but if he goes the whole game without hitting any shots even while being blatantly shown no respect on defense, it could be pretty damaging for his confidence and prospects in the NCAA tournament... other teams are just going to do the same thing if he doesn't show he can make a couple, and I believe he is capable of making wide open threes. I also have a feeling we're going to need him when we play teams with elite, quick little Lawson/Rice/Teague type guards.

Nice call on Paulus, he looks like just what we need given Md's defensive game plan. We'll need him and Nolan to continue to produce offensively to pull this one out.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, and that screen a few minutes back when Neal clearly extended his right arm to push Nolan over... I didn't like that. However, it's to see them call that one on him just now. Terrible call on Singler though.

I gotta say, I kind of wish they'd just let Elliot fire away a couple wide open threes here. I know he missed a couple at the beginning, but if he goes the whole game without hitting any shots even while being blatantly shown no respect on defense, it could be pretty damaging for his confidence and prospects in the NCAA tournament... other teams are just going to do the same thing if he doesn't show he can make a couple, and I believe he is capable of making wide open threes. I also have a feeling we're going to need him when we play teams with elite, quick little Lawson/Rice/Teague type guards.

Nice call on Paulus, he looks like just what we need given Md's defensive game plan. We'll need him and Nolan to continue to produce offensively to pull this one out.

Yea, the "push" call on Singler was laughable. Especially since a Terp was going over his back at the same time.

Wildling
03-14-2009, 05:02 PM
The refs watching the same game as me? They are going to give me a heart attack!

Les Grossman
03-14-2009, 05:03 PM
aren't the Devils blowing this MD team out? Its one player and a bunch of guys in red shirts.

rthomas
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Anyone else playing the Mike Patrick drinking game? Drink every time he either a) incorrectly identifies a player (drink twice if he makes an incorrect cross-racial identification); b) mispronounces a name; or c) calls the game action incorrectly.

Hating on ESPN - the announcers are especially terrible today. Vitale %#$#EW^$#!!!

Plus I hate the split screen making the game smaller and showing the big banner at the top and the shot of a coach or something.

One of the worst productions I've ever seen.

Go Duke!

Section 8
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
We need G to explode in the 2nd half. If I've had more beers than G has points, either we're in trouble or I'm in trouble.

jv001
03-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Neal...He gets away with so much and really tries to intimidate opposing players especially Duke players. Someone needs to give him a good shot. Go Duke!

MonitorMom
03-14-2009, 05:05 PM

If he calls a whole team by the wrong name

roywhite
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, we could play a little better and win this going away...
or it'll go down to the wire, I'm afraid.

Gerald is just a little bit off on his shooting. Maryland doesn't have much offense other than General Greivis, but they are getting rebounds and loose balls.

Come on, guys; get it together.

Bob Green
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
We are shooting 50% from behind the arc (6-12). I doubt we can maintain that pace so we are going to have to figure out how to breakdown Maryland's defense inside or get out in transition better. Paulus and Smith were very solid off the bench scoring eight points on 3-5 shooting.

InSpades
03-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Patrick is terrible, Vitale is almost as bad. They don't explain what is going on at all. It's as if they're not really watching the game. They say things are fouls when it's actually out of bounds, call players the wrong names, even call them the wrong teams! How hard is it to know what 2 teams are playing?

Kyle is trying to carry the team on his back (again). Let's have another good 2nd half from Gerald and put this thing away!

Lulu
03-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm sick of Henderson's circus shots the past howevermany games. He's not going to get the foul called, it's obvious at this point, so he needs to just go up with a better shot that might have a better chance of drawing more contact and the foul as well. He almost never gets the 3-point play so it's not worth it. Just wasted possessions.

banneheim
03-14-2009, 05:09 PM
E-Will has got to hit some open shots...But Smith does look great! He missed that layup, but he does seem a little more focused this game.

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:09 PM
One distinct point I noticed last night and again today that's bugging me about the Duke offense. No pushing of the ball up the court at all. Just a continued walk it up style that is allowing other teams to set their defense. I feel like we have enough ballhandlers and athletes on this team to push it more off turnovers, misses and even makes on occasion. I think we only did it once in the first half and it actually resulted in a nice layup for Gerald.

When we went to the lineup we have now I really thought we might have to sacrifice a little bit of the stifling defense we played in December/January for more offense. If this lineup can't average 75-80 points a game, minimum, then we aren't taking advantage of what we have on the court, IMHO.

pfrduke
03-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Plus/minusing the first half:

Duke
Smith - +12 (30-18)
Paulus - +9 (20-11)
McClure - +5 (17-12)
Singler - +2 (32-30)
Zoubek - +2 (4-2)
Scheyer - -1 (22-23)
Henderson - -1 (27-28)
Thomas - -8 (6-14)
Williams - -10 (2-12)

Maryland
Tucker - +7 (10-3)
Neal - +4 (28-24)
Bowie - +1 (18-17)
Vasquez - +1 (30-29)
Burney - 0 (0-0)
Mosley - -4 (16-20)
Gregory - -5 (7-12)
Hayes - -6 (21-27)
Milbourne - -8 (20-28)

jv001
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
We are shooting 50% from behind the arc (6-12). I doubt we can maintain that pace so we are going to have to figure out how to breakdown Maryland's defense inside or get out in transition better. Paulus and Smith were very solid off the bench scoring eight points on 3-5 shooting.

I look for more offensive rebounds by the Devils in the 2nd half. We need to hit the boards. The only thing that worries me there is Lance is not a good rebounder. Maybe Dave can get us extra shots because like Bob says we will not hit 50% of our 3's in the 2nd half. I would love to see Elliot hit a 3 to make them play honest defense. We could use Elliiot and Nolan's defense. Maybe some offense off our defense. Go Duke!

Bob Green
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Patrick is terrible, Vitale is almost as bad.

With this announcing crew, the remote control mute button is not optional but required. Announcers annoy me in general but Vitale & Patrick ruin the game.

CBDUKE
03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm too old for this. Please get a lead so I can relax a little.

hudlow
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Funny how Vasquez gets called for traveling when he's doing the same thing Psycho (on the bus) T gets by with.

MonitorMom
03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
As bad as Patrick and Vitale are, I'd rather hear their confusion and blathering than Elmore's anti-Duke bias.

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Elliot, Nolan, and Gerald are all guys that can be at their best in an uptempo game. They can slash and so can Kyle and even Jon. We need to push the ball more and quit walking it up every single time.

rthomas
03-14-2009, 05:18 PM
As bad as Patrick and Vitale are, I'd rather hear their confusion and blathering than Elmore's anti-Duke bias.

I'd rather hear someone rip Duke a new one rather than Vitale.

GADevilFan
03-14-2009, 05:19 PM
block out mosley

Greg_Newton
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Plus/minusing the first half:
Duke
Smith - +12 (30-18)

Williams - -10 (2-12)

Thanks for the numbers. The top line is very encouraging, the bottom line is extremely alarming. Elliot had 0's all the way across the stat sheet in the first half, I sure hope he gets a couple to go. Nice look to Hendo there, too bad the layup missed.

This looks like one of those days were Scheyer is close to automatic. Let's get him some looks.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Williams gets knocked down... no call. Then what?

JUMP BALL!

The ultimate bailout call for refs everywhere.

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Feels like we are close to being able to pull away, just like last night, but we can't quite get that one extra bucket or that one extra stop to really ignite a run. Very frustrating.

Greg_Newton
03-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice to see Elliot get a few big rebounds, a putback, and showing some energy and confidence. I was worried about him in the first half. And as for Nolan, he continues to be HUGE boost. He looks like he's shaken off the cobwebs, settling into his new role and playing better than he has all year.

It's a lot of fun watching those two both playing at once... our backcourt gets SO quick and athletic. It's also great in that they can give G a breather with virtually no dropoff in overall play... if you notice the common theme between that stretch with them just now and the stretch in the first half yesterday, it is that the other team just does not score.

Oriole Way
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
So far, Gerald's having his worst game in a Duke uniform.

freshmanjs
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
seems like in the last few games, whenever we get the lead up to 5 or 7, we allow 4 or 5 quick points. can't maintain much momentum.

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Case in point, just now. We expand the lead to 7 and I turn to my daughter and say "We need one stop right here and we can go on a nice run." Instead, we let Vasquez get the easy 2 and then another turnover leads to 2 more for the Terps and that chance to really put the vise grips on goes by the way side. UGHHH...

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Maryland is playing pretty good D. It helps that they're letting a lot of contact go, particularly on the boards.

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Jon has to stop hoisting up these 3's. He's not in a groove. Now is not the time for them.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Jon has to stop hoisting up these 3's. He's not in a groove. Now is not the time for them.

That 3 was fine. He was wide open. I just hate the 3s with people in his face.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Why no foul on that three? That would have been a nice bonus.

freshmanjs
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM
would be really nice to extend the lead here finally

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:47 PM
His last 3, that he just hit, was fine. But he has taken a couple in this 2nd half that were very ill-advised. As long as he's in rhythm and stepping into one I have no problem.

Section 8
03-14-2009, 05:48 PM
would be really nice to extend the lead here finally

Although, a 7 point lead is pretty huge for this tournament so far.

FerryFor50
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Nice move by McClure.

Duke79UNLV77
03-14-2009, 05:51 PM
You can only hope to contain him!

chrisheery
03-14-2009, 05:52 PM
So far, Gerald's having his worst game in a Duke uniform.

Definitely this year. Ever? Not so sure about that. He was pretty hard to watch at times his freshman year.

Dave McClure is one crafty fella. I love that guy.

Section 8
03-14-2009, 05:53 PM
^what he said

Delaware
03-14-2009, 05:57 PM
G is 3 of 14 or something... too many jump shots. Need to post him up maybe in the last 3 minutes once or twice?

_Gary
03-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Not over yet. If we are going to pull the air out of the ball and not get good shots out of the half court set then our defense has to get stops. Right now, with a lead of 9, I feel we can seal the game away with a stop and score to bump it back up to double digits. If Maryland scores though, and pushes back to within 7 or 6, we might be in for a fight. This will be a key possession coming in out of the timeout.

hurleyfor3
03-14-2009, 06:02 PM
It's stallball time! Yay! :eek:

dukebsbll14
03-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Hayes is getting a little annoying now...

check that: really annoying

Oriole Way
03-14-2009, 06:05 PM
David McClure's been awesome today.

InSpades
03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Something has changed with this team defensively and I really like it! Would be nice for Henderson to get off offensively too but letting other teams shoot 55% every game was getting tiresome. This is much more like it (Maryland at 38% currently).

chrisheery
03-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Mike Patrick. Unreal.

What are the requirements to be an announcer? Pretty sure I could just step in and do a better job.

(but, I might cheer for Duke a little too much for ESPN's liking)

Greg_Newton
03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Another gem from Mike Patrick: "And if he makes this one, it's a three possession game!" Score at the time? 62-55.

Good to see Scheyer hit 3 out of 4 FTs in the last minute though. Should help him forget yesterday.