PDA

View Full Version : Latin Idol

JasonEvans
04-10-2007, 10:45 PM
After a couple down weeks, Blake was back. I agreed with the judges that his performance was the best on a real lackluster night.

I thought Haley was just terrible and I have to think she is in real danger this week. She is certain to be in the bottom three. Frankly, short skirts (this week) and cleavage (last week) can only get you so far. I felt like I heard the band a lot more than I should have too.

I was not a fan of Lakisha's performance either. I don't think she is quite bottom three, but I won't be shocked if she is. It really felt like she was flat a lot of the time, very little emotion in her song, and -- there is no easy ay to say this -- her fat was jiggling out all over the place. It was hard to watch at times.

Personally, I hated Chris' performance. At first I thought he would try to go up to a higher register, as JLo told him to, but he kept it low and it just sounded awful. Yes, he has sex appeal, but his singing sorta stinks. I also think picking Santana songs is a mistake if you do not have Santana playing guitar behind you. The poor guys in the band were doing their best, but they are not in Carlos' league.

I agree with the judges that Phil was emotionless. Maria was a bad song for him. He has been bottom three so much, he might as well be again this week.

Finally, Sanjaya was as good as he has ever been. Stunning. He has to stick around after that, though the phenomenon of bad-singer-singing-well-but-being-voted-off-for-previous-weeks-poor-performances is certainly something we have seen before on Idol. Still, I think he has become such a phenomenon (sorta like William Hung) that he has real staying power at this point. In fact, performing well too much may be bad for him because it makes him less of an underdog and lovable loser.

Bottom three: Haley, Phil, and Lakisha or Jordin. Haley gets voted off.

-Jason

Bostondevil
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
you're probably right about Haley this week Jason, but I've decided to ride the Phil horse until he goes. Phil was the most boring this week. How do I know that? I actually got up to clean the kitchen during his performance. Not because I disliked him so much but because I kind of forgot I was watching Idol and started thinking about chores. I didn't do that during Haley. Boring two weeks in row, I think he's got to go.

Reisen
04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Bottom three: Haley, Phil, and Chris. All three were terrible, and deserve to go. Everyone else was just ok. My vote for best performance goes to Jordin, and I think she's top three right now with Melinda and Blake. I agree that Sanjaya was actually quite good, although his theatrics still made my wife cringe.

dukepsy1963
04-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Though her performance tonight was "o.k," she is in a class by herself. She is incredible! Gives me chills when the tunes are "right" for her.

------------
old jazz musician at Duke and elsewhere.............:)

JasonEvans
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I know folks don't trust it, but according to DialIdol, Blake is the only person who is safe this week. Everyone else falls close enough to the margin of error to potentially be voted out. Still, Jordin and Lakisha are at the bottom and Haley is not far behind them (at least in terms of busy percentages).

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention last night, after Simon got done saying bad things about Phil, the crowd did not boo Simon. Usually, when Simon rips into someone the crowd expresses their distaste for the only honest Idol judge. This time, they didn't defend Phil (which may be why Phil spoke up on his own behalf).

Hmmmm.

-Jason "can we just get rid of Haley, Phil, and Sanjaya so we can get down to the 5 people who actually have a tiny bit of talent?" Evans

AtlBluRew
04-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Chris made a poor song choice, IMO, although I also think he did a good job with the one he chose. It was "OK" but not great. The beginning of that song is not one that's going to grab you, and that's why it was a mistake to choose it.

Overall, the men were better than the women last night. I now have a new appreciation for Gloria Estefan as a singer. I didn't think she was "all that" until I heard how dull the AI women made her songs!

Did Phil have a freaky tan or what? I agree with Jason's assessment of Lakisha's performance .. several of the audio and visual elements made me cringe. I'm surprised that Melinda's not safe according to DialIdol .. that "I'm not sexy" comment ought to have generated some sympathy votes.

JJweMISSu
04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
How can Sangina still be on the show when he sang a whole spanish song? Its AMERICAN Idol

g_olaf
04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
How can Sangina still be on the show when he sang a whole spanish song? Its AMERICAN Idol
He had the best song choice of the night... plus the bridge was in english.

JasonEvans
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Bottom three: Haley, Phil, and Chris. All three were terrible, and deserve to go.

Nicely predicted. I did not have Chris in the bottom because the judges seemed to like him so much (even though I hated his performance). To me, that is a really bad sign for Chris. If the judges say good things and you are still in the bottom 3, you are in trouble.

I have a feeling that Chris and Blake share many of the same young, voting fans. When Blake just totally outsings Chris it really hurts Chris.

How many weeks has Phil been in the bottom 3 now? Its like 3 in a row, right? That is a REALLY bad sign for him as your fanbase usually turns out big time the week after you are in the bottom 3 because they are worried you could be voted off. I think Phil needs a HUGE performance next week to stick around.

It was Haley's time-- for sure. She might be even worse than Sanjaya.

One last note, I was bothered by what they did to Sanjaya with Ryan asking him to stand up and sit down several times. Look, everyone knows Sanjaya is the butt of jokes in the outside world but I'd think the people on the show would at least treat him with a little bit of respect. The way I saw it, Ryan was mocking him. Way uncool.

I'll predict right now that Sanjaya sticks around at least 2 more weeks. He is building some serious sympathy vote support, I think, and he has been better the past couple weeks.

-Jason "Blake and Melinda-- those are your final 2 for sure" Evans

JJweMISSu
04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Nicely predicted. I did not have Chris in the bottom because the judges seemed to like him so much (even though I hated his performance). To me, that is a really bad sign for Chris. If the judges say good things and you are still in the bottom 3, you are in trouble.

I have a feeling that Chris and Blake share many of the same young, voting fans. When Blake just totally outsings Chris it really hurts Chris.

How many weeks has Phil been in the bottom 3 now? Its like 3 in a row, right? That is a REALLY bad sign for him as your fanbase usually turns out big time the week after you are in the bottom 3 because they are worried you could be voted off. I think Phil needs a HUGE performance next week to stick around.

It was Haley's time-- for sure. She might be even worse than Sanjaya.

One last note, I was bothered by what they did to Sanjaya with Ryan asking him to stand up and sit down several times. Look, everyone knows Sanjaya is the butt of jokes in the outside world but I'd think the people on the show would at least treat him with a little bit of respect. The way I saw it, Ryan was mocking him. Way uncool.

I'll predict right now that Sanjaya sticks around at least 2 more weeks. He is building some serious sympathy vote support, I think, and he has been better the past couple weeks.

-Jason "Blake and Melinda-- those are your final 2 for sure" Evans

Sangina is ruining the show. All the radio stations are telling people to vote him now (in my state). This is goin to kill the show, and i wouldnt be surpraised if it doesnt come back because of this. It's kind of like a fixed game in any sport when you are teling people to vote for someone when they really suck.

CMS2478
04-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Who is Sangina?

JasonEvans
04-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Who is Sangina?

It is the feminie version of Sanjaya. It has become popular because he is so Ghey.

--Jason "not that there is anything wrong with that" Evans

CMS2478
04-19-2007, 07:33 AM
It is the feminie version of Sanjaya. It has become popular because he is so Ghey.

--Jason "not that there is anything wrong with that" Evans

I guess now we won't be seeing Sangina or Sanjaya anymore. :D