PDA

View Full Version : This guy needs to stick to football...

CameronBornAndBred
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
What a joke column Jason Whitlock at FoxSports has come up with.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9326648/NCAA-Truths:-Oklahoma-a-joke,-Gonzaga-for-real

He manages to bash Capel and K in one fell swoop. If Capel couldn't coach, he wouldn't have been hired by Oklahoma in the first place, he proved his worth at VCU.

But to start off by saying Gonzaga is the team to beat? HA! Get real and go back to a sport that you actually have some knowledge about.

CLT Devil
03-12-2009, 01:54 PM
What a joke column Jason Whitlock at FoxSports has come up with.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9326648/NCAA-Truths:-Oklahoma-a-joke,-Gonzaga-for-real

He manages to bash Capel and K in one fell swoop. If Capel couldn't coach, he wouldn't have been hired by Oklahoma in the first place, he proved his worth at VCU.

But to start off by saying Gonzaga is the team to beat? HA! Get real and go back to a sport that you actually have some knowledge about.

That's his MO. I have nothing against what he wrote, watching the team all season (OU) has shown me otherwise. Whitlock just tries to get a rise out of people, although I do enjoy some of his columns on the NBA All Star weekend in Vegas and his NFL writings are always amusing. If you read the column you can tell he's not being serious; Wooden asked him to write the article along with El-Deano, D Wade's buzzer beater was the second greatest play in NBA regular season history....obviously a joke, at least for his sake I hope it is.

weezie
03-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Perhaps his blood sugar was low and he needed as snack.
Sounds cranky....as if nobody ever listens to him.

moonpie23
03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
bomani whitless

CLT Devil
03-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Ha! Maybe Whitlock knew what he was talking about anyway! OU goes down for the count...wow.

CameronBornAndBred
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Ha! Maybe Whitlock knew what he was talking about anyway! OU goes down for the count...wow.
True...scary day in basketball all around, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to be Jeff Capel this weekend.

jipops
03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
This is the same guy that claimed in a past article that Coach K actually taught his players to be whiners. Doesn't point to any example or anything. I'm sure that is exactly what a former Army cadet would specialize in, developing whiners. He's obviously got an emotional beef with K, so he occasionally includes K in his temper tantrums bashing him with statements that he can't back up.

27 wins, Capel can't coach?

jipops
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Pitt went down too as well as numerous other upsets today.

CLT Devil
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Pitt went down too as well as numerous other upsets today.

Yes, pretty wild day...as I'm watching Uconn and 'Cuse are tied. I hate Uconn.

jipops
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes, pretty wild day...as I'm watching Uconn and 'Cuse are tied. I hate Uconn.

Would be pretty cool if all probable #1 seeds lost in their conference tournaments.

Nova vs. Louisville should be a great game tomorrow. Nova escaped vs. Marquette who is without Dominic James.

Lots of head scratchers though could be an indicator of the current state of college ball. There only seems to be one team that hints at dominance, and we really don't like 'em.

jipops
03-27-2009, 10:36 PM
A shout out to Jason Whitlock in this one. Do Jeff Capel and Oklahoma look like a fraud now having now made the elite 8? Jeff's coaching abilities didn't look too rotten to me in the double digit defeat of an extremely well coached and tough Syracuse team.

Perhaps you should gather some facts on college basketball before writing a column on it, or just shut up and head out for donuts.

davekay1971
03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
A shout out to Jason Whitlock in this one. Do Jeff Capel and Oklahoma look like a fraud now having now made the elite 8? Jeff's coaching abilities didn't look too rotten to me in the double digit defeat of an extremely well coached and tough Syracuse team.

Perhaps you should gather some facts on college basketball before writing a column on it, or just shut up and head out for donuts.

I think he also missed a little in declaring that Gonzaga was the team to beat...