PDA

View Full Version : Lawson out for tourney? Or same old game?

CameronBornAndBred
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but the previous thread was closed. It is now being reported by ESPN and WRAL that Ty Lawson might not play in the ACC tourney due to his toe swelling up. This is because he played too hard on it in the Duke game. Seriously.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/4706507/

quickgtp
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but the previous thread was closed. It is now being reported by ESPN and WRAL that Ty Lawson might not play in the ACC tourney due to his toe swelling up. This is because he played too hard on it in the Duke game. Seriously.

LOL, great call. I just posted the espn site on the Lawson POY thread. Did he "hyper-extend" his toe? ;)

Duvall
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
The pupil has become the master.

hurleyfor3
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I heard he has chicken pox too. And Gerald Henderson broke his nose on Sunday.

DukieInKansas
03-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I heard he has chicken pox too. And Gerald Henderson broke his nose on Sunday.

Did Daniel Ewing get the technical?

DukePA
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Did Daniel Ewing get the technical?

No, but they did call a foul on Zoubek for having his private parts stepped on by a tarhole.

hurleyfor3
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
No, but they did call a foul on Zoubek for having his private parts stepped on by a tarhole.

It was actually a double technical on Z and Shavlik Randolph, assessed retroactively from a pickup game he played with UNC players at the start of his freshman year. We have thus forfeited the entire 2003, 2004 and 2005 seasons.

dukelifer
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
I would not be surprised if Lawson does not play. There was some talk that he had a undetected fracture of some type. It could be interesting to watch. 3 games in a row on a bad toe could do some damage. I would not be surprised if UNC did not play Lawson to keep him from getting hurt. Because he is out, they probably would not lose their number 1 seed. And, of course, there is a chance they could still win it all.

SMO
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM

I think this is Roy's way of protesting the ACC Tournament. He's not a fan for some reason.

weezie
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
he played too hard on it in the Duke game.

Great. If we get Gboro, this will give the holes fans even more to boo about. Everything is always Duke's fault anyway.

geraldsneighbor
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I think this is Roy's way of protesting the ACC Tournament. He's not a fan for some reason.

That's fine. Protest it. Then lose to Florida State.

SMO
03-10-2009, 05:58 PM

I'm with you 100%. If Roy wants to sit Nigella and be satisfied with only cutting his own nets down then that's his problem.

DukieInKansas
03-10-2009, 05:59 PM

And lose in the first round of the NCAAs so Hansbrough ends up one point short of JJs record. :D

dukestheheat
03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Bet you a 50 stamp that if we make it to Sunday Lawson is resurrected. Suddenly, the 'toe' issue with disappear!

dth.

CameronBornAndBred
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Bet you a 50 stamp that if we make it to Sunday Lawson is resurrected. Suddenly, the 'toe' issue with disappear!
That's fine with me. Then he'll hurt his toe again vs. Duke and be forced to miss the first weekend of the NCAA's.

captmojo
03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
And lose in the first round of the NCAAs so Hansbrough ends up one point short of JJs record. :D

This would be a heartbreak "classic"!

:eek:

...and justice, perhaps?

SoCalDukeFan
03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
If Hansborough is 1 point shy of JJ then Roy will probably schedule a game in mid April with Western Carolina or somebody so he can get the record.

I understand that Tyler does have the all time NCAA record for most times traveling and not being called.

SoCal

billy
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM
This would be a heartbreak "classic"!

:eek:

...and justice, perhaps?

Your "emoticon" looks just like Hansbrough

ncexnyc
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Where are our friendly hole fans when you need them? Surely one of them can tell us we are mistaken about our doubting this bogus injury.;)

elvis14
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
I was listening to one of the local sports radio shows on the way home and they had a sound clip of Lawson. After the Duke game he was blathering on about how he's looking forward to playing the tournaments healthy, unlike last year.

That Roy is a real piece of work. What a maroon!

blueprofessor
03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
I was listening to one of the local sports radio shows on the way home and they had a sound clip of Lawson. After the Duke game he was blathering on about how he's looking forward to playing the tournaments healthy, unlike last year.

Plautus: "Ita cuique comparatum est in aetate hominum; ita divis est placitum, voluptatem ut maeror comes consequatur."

"It is our (Ty's) human lot, it is heaven's will, for sorrow to come after joy."

I do hope he will shut his yap, get well, and play us in the FF.:D

Best--Blueprof:)

captmojo
03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Your "emoticon" looks just like Hansbrough

Never actually thought of it that way but that's just freaky. :eek:

wisteria
03-10-2009, 08:40 PM
looks like Roy wants to tank the ACCT this year, huh?

they will make sure they win the Friday game to lock the 1 seed. And if they tank the Saturday game, Lawson's toe is the perfect reason to get the benefit of doubt. Plenty of rest, and a safe 1 seed.

blueprofessor
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
looks like Roy wants to tank the ACCT this year, huh?

they will make sure they win the Friday game to lock the 1 seed. And if they tank the Saturday game, Lawson's toe is the perfect reason to get the benefit of doubt. Plenty of rest, and a safe 1 seed.

...the NC.:(

Best--Blueprof:)

CameronBornAndBred
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I do hope he... will play us in the FF.:D

I don't want that...EVER. The Civil War will be civil by comparison.

Sgt. Dingleberry
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
The Roy who cried wolf...

Are we really being subjected to this again?

DAGGUMIT!!!