PDA

View Full Version : "joe in raleigh"

moonpie23
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
i just wanted to go on record and thank "joe in raleigh" for showing up and paying his bet off..

for those of you not in the triangle, or who don't listen to 850 the Buzz sports radio, "joe in raleigh" is one of the station's regular dukie callers.

He sometimes is a bit overboard with his fanboy-ness, but he is, nonetheless, a hard-core dukie.

Joe made an on-air bet with one of the station's DJs, bomani (duke-hater) jones. The bet was that if DUKE won, joe would get to co-host bomani's show on monday for 15 min and say all the loving things that joe wanted to say about DUKE and all the bad things he wanted to say about UNC.

If UNC won, joe said he would dye his hair light blue and walk the sidewalk in front of the station for the ENTIRE 3 hours of bomani's show with a huge pro-unc sign saying "i lost a bet to bomani jones" while wearing a tyler hansbrough # 50 jersey..

well, "joe in raleigh" held up his end...

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=8255

thanks joe........and dood.....call me before you make another bet like that.. It wasn't quite equitable on your side...

bjornolf
03-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Seriously, the payoff was MUCH better for jones. No comparison. I mean, it's humiliating AND it lasts 12x as long.

allenmurray
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Maybe Joe came out better after all. I know Duke lost and I know Joe was humiliated. But if Duke had won Joe would have to have spent 15 minutes with Bomani Jones, which in my book would be worse than poking yourself in the eye (repeatedly) with a sharp stick.

Bomani Jones is to journalism as the McDonald's McRib sandwich is to Eastern NC BBQ - vaguely recognizable, but just oh so very wrong.

moonpie23
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
i would have definitely made the time more equitable AND bomani would have been wearing a DARK blue Duke spirit wig walking up and down 6 forks rd with a big sign saying "i lost a bet to "joe in raleigh".....

moonpie23
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Bomani Jones is to journalism as the McDonald's McRib sandwich is to Eastern NC BBQ - vaguely recognizable, but just oh so very wrong.

"quality" rather than "popularity"...

let's not give bomani that much credit......the mcrib has MILLIONS of folks who actually love it...

bomani? not so much (as in arbitron ratings)

JDev
03-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Maybe Joe came out better after all. I know Duke lost and I know Joe was humiliated. But if Duke had won Joe would have to have spent 15 minutes with Bomani Jones, which in my book would be worse than poking yourself in the eye (repeatedly) with a sharp stick.

My thoughts exactly. At first glance the bet seems slanted, but avoiding keeping company with credibility-free Jones is ultimately a win.

Newton_14
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Agreed> Props to Joe. He even called in again today. I hope he gets the chance to get revenge with bomani.

moonpie23
03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
no revenge needed against someone like bomani who has to look at their paycheck every week.....