PDA

View Full Version : 9:30pm Friday

geraldsneighbor
03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Rest up folks. It'll be a late one in the ATL.

geraldsneighbor
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
BC/UVA is the opponent by the way. Expect to see Tyrese Rice Friday night and not Sylvan Landesberg.

feldspar
03-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Just for folks setting their TiVos, it's technically a 9pm start on Friday, although the games usually do end up starting about a half-hour later than scheduled.

Matches
03-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Ugh. They need to take us old people into account during scheduling.

Watch us end up with one of those 10:20 NCAA start-times too.

Highlander
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
One thing I haven't seen mentioned on this board yet is pod locations given the outcome of the ACC Tourney. If seeding holds, Duke would play Wake on Saturday in what could be a game to decide who gets a #2 seed and the Greensboro pod with Carolina. In that scenario, a Duke win I think would guarantee us a trip to Greensboro, given our RPI, SOS, and fact that we would have won the rubber match with Wake.

However, a Wake win in that situation would bolster their case in many of the same ways, and I think they would probably jump us for that spot if they advance further than we do. They are currently #10, while we are #7, and we lost this week so we may drop below them in the standings.

Bottom line - I think Duke's a #2 or #3 seed in the tournament, and Wake is a #2-#4 seed, and the Greensboro pod will go to the team who finishes best in the ACC Tournament.

Matches
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't think I want to be in the same pod with UNC. I'm remembering 2005 in Charlotte, where we essentially played the first two rounds before a hostile crowd.

feldspar
03-09-2009, 10:29 AM
One thing I haven't seen mentioned on this board yet is pod locations given the outcome of the ACC Tourney. If seeding holds, Duke would play Wake on Saturday in what could be a game to decide who gets a #2 seed and the Greensboro pod with Carolina. In that scenario, a Duke win I think would guarantee us a trip to Greensboro, given our RPI, SOS, and fact that we would have won the rubber match with Wake.

However, a Wake win in that situation would bolster their case in many of the same ways, and I think they would probably jump us for that spot if they advance further than we do. They are currently #10, while we are #7, and we lost this week so we may drop below them in the standings.

Bottom line - I think Duke's a #2 or #3 seed in the tournament, and Wake is a #2-#4 seed, and the Greensboro pod will go to the team who finishes best in the ACC Tournament.

I would almost rather get shipped out somewhere as a #3 seed to a) lower expectations and b) get away from Greensboro and all the Carolina fans so we don't have a repeat of Charlotte a few years ago. That was awful.

The #3 seed is still at the bottom of the bracket, meaning we wouldn't have to face the #1 seed until the regional finals, and the difference between a 14 seed and a 15 seed isn't all that great.

SMO
03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
BC/UVA is the opponent by the way. Expect to see Tyrese Rice Friday night and not Sylvan Landesberg.

I want that rematch. I want to see Duke not take its foot off BC's throat this time.

roywhite
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I want that rematch. I want to see Duke not take its foot off BC's throat this time.

Agree. Boston College shot a very high % against us; they hit some 3's, but also moved the ball well and got good quality shots. This will be a good defensive test, particulalry to see what difference the addition of Elliot Williams makes to this sort of matchup.

Rice is a known factor, but Trapani and some sub named Roche hurt us badly the first time around.