PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Wake Forest 96, Clemson 88

feldspar
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
We need Clemson to win in order to lock up the #2 seed in the ACC Tournament.

They're holding their own so far.

dukeman28428
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, we do need the Tigers to win.

Our ladies played very solid against Md and lost and our men had a very good game plan but still lost to the hated heels. Thankfully, I am close to not having to watch Tyler much longer. He walks every time he gets the ball but what a great player he has been for UNC.

Hopefully Clemson will win and give us somethng to look back on today but so far, it has been a bust. Go Clemson!

JDev
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
We need Clemson to win in order to lock up the #2 seed in the ACC Tournament.

They're holding their own so far.

Which game will the #2 seed see the winner of on Friday, vs. the #3 draw?

feldspar
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Which game will the #2 seed see the winner of on Friday, vs. the #3 draw?

The #2 seed faces the 7/10 winner. The #3 seed gets winner of 6/11.

Jumbo
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Essentially the stakes are:
1) Difference between MD/NCSU winner in the quarters or BC/UVA winner.
2) Time of quarterfinal game.
3) Color of jersey should we make it to Saturday.

geraldsneighbor
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM

It'd probably be better to be the #2 seed so the turn around isn't as quick for the game Saturday.

wisteria
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
It'd probably be better to be the #2 seed so the turn around isn't as quick for the game Saturday.

I'd rather to face BC/UVA winner than UMD/NCSU winner.
which one do we face if we are #2 or #3?

JDev
03-08-2009, 07:25 PM

According to theACC.com, the 7/10 game would be Miami vs. NC St.
The 6/11 game would be BC vs. UVA.

So the #2 seed would get the Miami/NC St. winner, and the #3 seed would get the BC/UVA winner. I think anyway, maybe I am looking at it wrong.

geraldsneighbor
03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I'd rather to face BC/UVA winner than UMD/NCSU winner.
which one do we face if we are #2 or #3?

I don't really want to play Tyrese Rice.

feldspar
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Actually, it's Miami/NCSU, not Maryland.

If Wake wins:

1. UNC
2. Wake Forest
3. Duke
4. FSU
5. Clemson
6. BC
7. Miami
8. Maryland
9. VaTech
10. NC State
11. UVa
12. GaTech

If Clemson wins:

1. UNC
2. Duke
3. WFU
4. FSU
5. Clemson
6. BC
7. Miami
8. Maryland
9. VaTech
10. NC State
11. UVa
12. GaTech

So we're looking at either the winner of BC/UVa (if Wake wins and we're #3) or the winner of Miami/NC State (if Clemson wins and we're the #2 seed).

I'd much rather have the latter.

Jumbo
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Actually, it's Miami/NCSU, not Maryland.

If Wake wins:

1. UNC
2. Wake Forest
3. Duke
4. FSU
5. Clemson
6. BC
7. Miami
8. Maryland
9. VaTech
10. NC State
11. UVa
12. GaTech

If Clemson wins:

1. UNC
2. Duke
3. WFU
4. FSU
5. Clemson
6. BC
7. Miami
8. Maryland
9. VaTech
10. NC State
11. UVa
12. GaTech

So we're looking at either the winner of BC/UVa (if Wake wins and we're #3) or the winner of Miami/NC State (if Clemson wins and we're the #2 seed).

I'd much rather have the latter.

Odd -- I was looking at this site (http://accseeds.info/latest.html), which still shows Maryland 7th. I don't understand why Miami would be 7th. Miami, UMD and VT are all tied at 7-9. The first tiebreaker is record among those tied, right? If so, Miami is 1-2, UMD is 2-1 and VT is 1-1. So, as I said, I don't understand how Miami is 7th.

Duvall
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Odd -- I was looking at this site (http://accseeds.info/latest.html), which still shows Maryland 7th. I don't understand why Miami would be 7th. Miami, UMD and VT are all tied at 7-9. The first tiebreaker is record among those tied, right? If so, Miami is 1-2, UMD is 2-1 and VT is 1-1. So, as I said, I don't understand how Miami is 7th.

Yes (http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022607aaa.html). I suspect that theACC.com is just wrong.

Jumbo
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Yes. I suspect that theACC.com is just wrong.

Which would be kind of pathetic, since it's the official site and all.

DukeWarhead
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
could someone explain why Wake gets the higher seed than Duke if they finish tied in the conference. I just don't know the rules.

OldSchool
03-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Yep, should be Maryland not Miami as 7 seed.

KrazyKfan
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
So, assuming we win our first game, we will either play Clemson or Wake Forest, both teams we have lost to. I don't think we're gonna make it to the ACC finals at his point. UNC is gonna win again, and honestly, I don't care, because it means Hansbrough will never play another ACC game in his life.

I've never despised a UNC player more.

sagegrouse
03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
could someone explain why Wake gets the higher seed than Duke if they finish tied in the conference. I just don't know the rules.

Simple. The first tie-breaker is head-to-head, which is a draw. (No, scoring margin doesn't count.)

Second tie-breaker is the record against the highest-ranking team. Wake beat UNC; we didn't.

If I had my way, strength of ACC schedule would be the number two tie-breaker. This one we would win.

sagegrouse

sagegrouse

Jumbo
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
So, assuming we win our first game, we will either play Clemson or Wake Forest, both teams we have lost to. I don't think we're gonna make it to the ACC finals at his point. UNC is gonna win again, and honestly, I don't care, because it means Hansbrough will never play another ACC game in his life.

I've never despised a UNC player more.

No. Clemson is locked into the 4/5 game. Duke and Wake will be the 2/3 in some order.

And you've made it clear that you hate Hansbrough. Great. This isn't the thread for that. Move on, please.

wisteria
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
wake forest is starting to pull away.

I guess BC/UVA for us.

Duvall
03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
wake forest is starting to pull away.

I guess MD/NCSU for us.

No, BC/UVA.

feldspar
03-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Which would be kind of pathetic, since it's the official site and all.
Yep, you're right.

I give up on prognosticating. Every time I try, I get some essential piece of information wrong.

*crawls back into the cave*

wisteria
03-08-2009, 08:03 PM
you are right. I got confused. :)

No, BC/UVA.

feldspar
03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Looks like theACC.com has their rankings listed first by conference record, then by overall record. Not sure why that is.