PDA

View Full Version : Thomas practiced today, is probable for tomorrow

kinghoops
03-07-2009, 02:17 PM
as reported on wral sportsfan.com, this is a tremendous lift for us!!

wisteria
03-07-2009, 02:25 PM
we can do it!!!

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-07-2009, 02:32 PM
as reported on wral sportsfan.com, this is a tremendous lift for us!!

awright!!!!

devildeac
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Now if we can only get Duke EMS or Life Flight to cart him into the Nose Dome on a stretcher, in a total body cast and have him burst out just before tipoff and have a career high or two (points and/or rebounds, that is, not TO and missed shots), then we'll be in business:rolleyes:;). Seriously, that is good news.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
This is the game. The advance information gets better and better as the temperatures get hotter and hotter..... we're up to the mid 70s on the western edge of the Piedmont. This news is exciting...... I read earlier that Lance was about 75%. I trust Coach K to decide whether to play him tomorrow or hold him for the Big Dance.

beltwayBD
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
This would be great. At least it would keep our "Five Forward" starting line up intact. Assuming Scheyer is in, which is my understanding.

I can't wait to see Zoub come of the bench in that mask!:D

OZZIE4DUKE
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
This would be great. At least it would keep our "Five Forward" starting line up intact. Assuming Scheyer is in, which is my understanding.

Zoub doesn't need a mask and won't be wearing one. So said Coach K yesterday.

BD80
03-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Zoub should still wear one. Maybe like Rorschach's mask. But I doubt the tarheels are deep enough to be distracted by such a psychological ploy.

weezie
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
the Nose Dome

Uhhh, Mr. devildeac? You might want to avoid the "nose" references....;)
I'm just sayin'

devildeac
03-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Uhhh, Mr. devildeac? You might want to avoid the "nose" references....;)
I'm just sayin'

OK, then it's back to the Dump on the Hump;).

kinghoops
03-07-2009, 05:43 PM
g-man just said during texas-kansas telecast that lawson is a gametime decision

Hancock 4 Duke
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
K should only put LT in if Zoubs and Plumlee aren't doing well. We can't afford Lance Thomas to be too weak for the tournament.

Jumbo
03-07-2009, 06:29 PM

Dang, I was really looking forward to seeing that.

Jumbo
03-07-2009, 06:30 PM
K should only put LT in if Zoubs and Plumlee aren't doing well. We can't afford Lance Thomas to be too weak for the tournament.

I highly doubt they'd play Lance if there was any chance of his further damaging his ankle. As K said, Lance either will be ready to play his normal role, or he won't play at all.

Jumbo
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM

I've never understood why Knight called it "five forwards." Since when are Scheyer, Williams and Henderson not "guards?"

ArkieDukie
03-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Great news about Thomas! This is huge!

Maybe Zoubek can come out in a mask like the one on Silence of the Lambs. Just for intros, though. He can then take it off and dominate the paint. :D

DukeCO2009
03-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Dear Basketball Gods,

Thank you.

Signed,
DBR

BlueintheFace
03-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I've never understood why Knight called it "five forwards." Since when are Scheyer, Williams and Henderson not "guards?"

My guess is that he was going purely off of height. All are listed as 6'4" and above. Plus, none really fit in to the pg mold...

Still. it doesn't make a lot of sense?

tele
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
My guess is that he was going purely off of height. All are listed as 6'4" and above. Plus, none really fit in to the pg mold...

Still. it doesn't make a lot of sense?

It would have been nice if one of the other panelists that were sitting there with Knight would have asked him what he meant, probably would have been an interesting explanation. But none of them seem to question what Knight says very much for some reason. My guess is if you aren't playing with your true center or your true point guard, then you are more or less left with players who function like what a more typical forward would, or something.

zingit
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I think Coach Knight was referring to the form of our offense when Williams is in the line-up, in that we have five players who can drive.

Carlos
03-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Dang, I was really looking forward to seeing that.

I had hoped he would have gone with some sort of hockey goalie death face mask rather than the traditional the traditional clear mask that you always see in basketball.

duketaylor
03-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Why not a "Jason" mask? and, I believe, we'll not see Nolan tomorrow, so I hope someone else can slow Lawson.

mehmattski
03-07-2009, 09:42 PM

In context, Knight was talking about defense, and so what I think he meant was that Duke could switch on all screens and not have a matchup that could suddenly beat them. G, Scheyer, Singler, Williams, and Thomas can guard pretty much anyone reasonably well. This would be compared to a lineup with Paulus and/or Zoubek, when switches could create big mismatches.

The other thing the five have in common is that all are very good rebounders, much more so than your typical "guard."