PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler slam dunk footage

MailTribune
03-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Hey folks, thought you'd be interested in seeing some footage of Kyle Singler and his teammates at South Medford High School's first playoff game Feb. 28 against Aloha in Medford, Oregon. We've got two clips at mailtribune.com (http://www.mailtribune.com/multimedia), the Web site for Singler's hometown newspaper -- the short one focuses on two nice plays by Singler, starting with a steal and a slam dunk.

For more stuff on Singler, check this special section on our Web site (http://www.mailtribune.com/special/singler/singler.htm).

Enjoy!

Scott

Duke15304
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
he prolly will even start, im not going in expecting him to rock the college basketball world, i have had too high of expectations that last 2 yrs on the freshman, and its hard to get guys like durant, i guess we had Deng, maybe then he will surprise me, nice video, talk about a dunk, he seems to be a scorer

DavidBenAkiva
03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Singler looked much quicker than in other clips that I have seen of him. I'm really excited to see him in a Duke uniform. What number is he going to wear?

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Duke15304
03-01-2007, 08:26 PM
with everybody back except joe and with a lot being up in the rafters, there arent many left, maybe he takes joe's number, whatever he picks, its def a jersey to buy

vango
03-01-2007, 11:34 PM
I read he idolizes Larry Bird and mimicks his game after his. But, the Duke 33 is to never be worn again. And you can't reverse that number. :p Not sure how he feels about Robert Parrish but 00 would be a unique number for a unique player.

phaedrus
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
interesting you mention numbers. it does seem that numbers get reused a lot - GH in dockery's 15, thomas in elton's 42, nelson in duhon's 21, j.j. wore the same number as boozer. any reason for it?

mkirsh
03-02-2007, 09:55 AM
The reason numbers get re-used so fast is that there aren't that many choises possible. In college you can only have digits 0-5 on the jersey, so only 36 potential uniform numbers to choose from. We have 13 jerseys retired, so until the NCAA changes the rule on digits 6-9, the 14 kids on the team only have 23 numbers to choose from.

oso diablo
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks for stopping by, MailTribune. Duke fans are really looking forward to Singler in a Duke uniform.

i got a kick out of the Aloha game highlight video. A full 20 seconds or so are Singler cheering from the bench. :)

MailTribune
03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
thanks for stopping by, MailTribune. Duke fans are really looking forward to Singler in a Duke uniform.

i got a kick out of the Aloha game highlight video. A full 20 seconds or so are Singler cheering from the bench. :)

Happy to oblige ... my brother in Durham is a rabid Duke fan (I grew up in Durham too (Northern '86), but a State fan thanks to Jimmy Valvano's 1983 Cinderella team) so he's getting excited as well.

We're posting more video late Saturday or early Sunday of the next game in the playoffs, Saturday's matchup between South Medford and Oregon City. It's Singler's last home game, so it should be good stuff. And because this is one of the teams that could knock South off the championship track, I expect Singler will get lots of play as opposed to the Aloha game where he spent maybe half the time on the bench.

I'll try to duck in here to post a link to the new video as soon as it's live. As before, we'll try to have a short clip of great plays and a longer clip of more rounded coverage.

-- Scott