PDA

View Full Version : Watch Party Locations

Cavlaw
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
The big game is upon us for the second time this season, so here's the latest edition of watch party locations. Post 'em if you got 'em.

The Duke Club "official" locations can be found here (http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/DUKE/cm_clubs/club_7.html).

Once again, nothing on the list for Chicago. Very disappointing. I did go to the one for the VT game at Harry Carey's, but nobody was there.

I'll commit to attending at Sedgwick's if other DBR posters are going.

Bluedog
03-06-2009, 12:42 PM
The big game is upon us for the second time this season, so here's the latest edition of watch party locations. Post 'em if you got 'em.

The Duke Club "official" locations can be found here (http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/DUKE/cm_clubs/club_7.html).

Once again, nothing on the list for Chicago. Very disappointing. I did go to the one for the VT game at Harry Carey's, but nobody was there.

I'll commit to attending at Sedgwick's if other DBR posters are going.

The Young Alumni Peer Network in Chicago is planning a hoops watch at:

State Restaurant & Café
935 W. Webster Avenue | at Bissell Street

I'm sure "old" alumni would be welcome to come as well. ;) Disappointing to hear that nobody went to Harry Caray's for Va Tech...I didn't make it there...So, I have no idea how many people will actually go to State Restaurant & Cafe either. Or perhaps Sedgwick's will have a better showing. They're less than a mile apart though, so if one is better than the other, can always just walk on over! If you want, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll forward you the e-mail.

CameronBornAndBred
03-06-2009, 06:47 PM
It looks like us beach folks are heading south to Wilmington to check out the Fox and Hound. Thanks for the link, GTHC!!

Cavlaw
03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
The Young Alumni Peer Network in Chicago is planning a hoops watch at:

State Restaurant & Café
935 W. Webster Avenue | at Bissell Street

I'm sure "old" alumni would be welcome to come as well. ;) Disappointing to hear that nobody went to Harry Caray's for Va Tech...I didn't make it there...So, I have no idea how many people will actually go to State Restaurant & Cafe either. Or perhaps Sedgwick's will have a better showing. They're less than a mile apart though, so if one is better than the other, can always just walk on over! If you want, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll forward you the e-mail.
Ouch. I think some others on the board would object to an '02 grad being classified as an "old" alumnus. Still, State Restaurant & Cafe is significantly easier to get to than Sedgwick's, plus it's walking distance from my condo.

blazindw
03-07-2009, 02:01 PM
For people in DC, we will be having our regular watch party at Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle. We expect a ton of people, so I recommend getting there a bit early to claim a table if that is your desire. GO DUKE!

BlueintheFace
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Houston fans: Fox Sports Bar over at the Galleria. Duke Club of Houston has really set it up!

beltwayBD
03-07-2009, 11:07 PM
My living room.

Went to one of the DC get togethers last year, but the TVs sucked and there weren't enough seats for Blue Devils.

I know where I'll be, just need to figure out what kind of snacks to get.