PDA

View Full Version : Into Hades

JasonEvans
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
As many of you know, I come from a family full of die-hard Carolina alums and fans. I am the "black (and dark blue) sheep of the family."

Well, this is one of those times where having a family full of Tar Heels pays dividends.

Guess who will be sitting in the Dean Dome on Sunday for what is shaping up as the ACC regular season title game?

:)

Anyone else headed over to Chapel Hell to cheer on our guys? I am going to be sitting in as yet unidentified seats in the big donor section of the arena so I am hoping my seats are pretty good!

--Jason "it is a whirlwind visit-- fly in Sunday AM and fly out Monday AM" Evans

Bob Green
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Congratulations and good luck. Hopefully, all the pale blue doesn't induce nausea. Seriously, enjoy the game and root our Blue Devils to victory!

Mike Corey
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Guess who will be sitting in the Dean Dome on Sunday for what is shaping up as the ACC regular season title game?

Be sure not to wear a shirt with numbers on it. The UNC SIDs are known to hang such shirts in the rafters with reckless abandon.

TillyGalore
03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Yay you!!! Glad to know Duke will be represented in the carolina section. Since wearing the opponents colors seems to help Duke win, I'll be wearing icky blue Sunday. Thank God I have running water to take a shower! :D

roywhite
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Yay you!!! Glad to know Duke will be represented in the carolina section. Since wearing the opponents colors seems to help Duke win, I'll be wearing icky blue Sunday. Thank God I have running water to take a shower! :D

Above and beyond, Tilly. When I met you Tuesday, I was surprised enough to see you wear those Seminole colors (weren't their uniforms ugly, by the way?), and now you're talking about light blue!

I think we have light blue bathroom tissue around the house somewhere. I'll...uh...try to do my part. :)

DukieInKansas
03-05-2009, 04:13 PM
As many of you know, I come from a family full of die-hard Carolina alums and fans. I am the "black (and dark blue) sheep of the family."

Well, this is one of those times where having a family full of Tar Heels pays dividends.

Anyone else headed over to Chapel Hell to cheer on our guys? I am going to be sitting in as yet unidentified seats in the big donor section of the arena so I am hoping my seats are pretty good!

--Jason "it is a whirlwind visit-- fly in Sunday AM and fly out Monday AM" Evans

Is it possible for a family to be all black sheep with one white sheep? I think you, of the darker blue persuasion, are the white sheep of the family. :D (Perspective is everything!)

Enjoy the game. Will watch for the big smile at the end of the game as you enjoy a Duke victory.

TillyGalore
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Above and beyond, Tilly. When I met you Tuesday, I was surprised enough to see you wear those Seminole colors (weren't their uniforms ugly, by the way?), and now you're talking about light blue!

I think we have light blue bathroom tissue around the house somewhere. I'll...uh...try to do my part. :)

You have to do what works, and sometimes that entails making sacrifices you never expected yourself to make. ;) After all, per Crash Davis, you never mess with a streak. :D (that's for you allenmurray)

I'm sure you will use your light blue bathroom tissues in the most appropriate way. BTW, why do you have light blue tissues in your house?

roywhite
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
(that's for you allenmurray)

I'm sure you will use your light blue bathroom tissues in the most appropriate way. BTW, why do you have light blue tissues in your house?

For just such an occasion...

TillyGalore
03-05-2009, 04:26 PM
For just such an occasion...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!! :D:D:D:D

BD80
03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
... why do you have light blue tissues in your house?

Because Duke Blue tissue won't take crap from anyone!

Jason, show that wine and cheese crowd what a real fan does at a game!

And don't worry about taking ear plugs to the game, unless the sound of sneakers squeaking or unc's band annoys you. This could also be good news for Nolan's return, he won't be exposed to any loud noises at the dean dome. Hmm, would a sea of quivering baby blue adversely affect his recovery?

OZZIE4DUKE
03-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Because Duke Blue tissue won't take crap from anyone!

As I've said here before (and on the radio recently)

Do you know why the sky is carolina blue?

So the rest of us don't have to step in it! :cool::D:p

Bostondevil
03-05-2009, 05:33 PM
As many of you know already (OTB readers) I am running the Boston Marathon this year in a team jersey (Mass General Hospital) that is just the wrong shade of blue. Well, I've got a promise from Ken(ny) Dennard that if I send him some Duke blue paper, he will sign it and send it back to me so I can pin it to my jersey. I'm working on some others for the Duke blue mojo it will take to get me through the race.

Uncle Drew
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Jason good luck to you Sunday and of course to Duke.

Let us know if the urban legend is true about there being a sign at every entrance reading, "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate".

("Abandon all hope, ye who enter here")

And as always, Go Duke, Go To Hell Carolina!

throatybeard
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I would recommend taking Mulletman as one's bodyguard, as I did in 2003.

Highlander
03-05-2009, 09:03 PM

I've seen one Duke/UNC game in the Dean Dome. While the outcome of the game was enjoyable (Duke 1999 - win by about 20 I think), the entire experience made me feel like Michael Moore at the RNC. It didn't really matter what I thought or how happy I was, I was surrounded by roughly 17,000 people who just saw the world fundamentally differently than I did.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-05-2009, 09:14 PM

You may recall that I recommended light blue lingerie as a suitable choice for ruining the Heels' karma. ;)

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM

May the Force be with you, Brother Evans, as you tread among the heathens.

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM

--Jason "it is a whirlwind visit-- fly in Sunday AM and fly out Monday AM" Evans....piece of cake! That crowd is so full of itself and silly and harmless. Have a great time. Will you be sitting on one of those rocking velveteen Barkaloungers? (sp?) :rolleyes:
Love, Ima

DukePA
03-05-2009, 09:48 PM
....piece of cake! That crowd is so full of itself and silly and harmless. Have a great time. Will you be sitting on one of those rocking velveteen Barkaloungers? (sp?) :rolleyes:
Love, Ima

I fondly refer to those seats as the fat arse seats!!!

weezie
03-05-2009, 10:12 PM
You may recall that I recommended light blue lingerie as a suitable choice for ruining the Heels' karma. ;)

For our Jason? Now, there's a cosmic kharma!:eek:

Delaware
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I've seen one Duke/UNC game in the Dean Dome. While the outcome of the game was enjoyable (Duke 1999 - win by about 20 I think), the entire experience made me feel like Michael Moore at the RNC. It didn't really matter what I thought or how happy I was, I was surrounded by roughly 17,000 people who just saw the world fundamentally differently than I did.

I love Duke and going to occasional games at Cameron over the years and I've seen one Duke UNC game at the Dean Dome. Your post about going into the Dean Dome as a Duke fan reminded me of something.

I worked a while back with an incredibly crazy UNC fan who told me he never wanted to set foot in Cameron because it made him feel dirty.... he made one exception becaue he liked Jimmy Buffet more than he hated Duke. He went to the concert, told me he did not touch anything in the building and then burned his sneakers when he got home.... now that is a disturbed individual.

BD80
03-06-2009, 12:09 AM
... I worked a while back with an incredibly crazy UNC fan who told me he never wanted to set foot in Cameron because it made him feel dirty.... he made one exception because he liked Jimmy Buffet more than he hated Duke. He went to the concert, told me he did not touch anything in the building and then burned his sneakers when he got home.... now that is a disturbed individual.

That's his story. Actually, his sneakers started smoldering once he walked onto the hallowed ground of Cameron. Much like holy water hitting a demon.

Of course, a little extra smoke at a Buffet concert probably went unnoticed :D

RelativeWays
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I worked a while back with an incredibly crazy UNC fan who told me he never wanted to set foot in Cameron because it made him feel dirty.... he made one exception becaue he liked Jimmy Buffet more than he hated Duke. He went to the concert, told me he did not touch anything in the building and then burned his sneakers when he got home.... now that is a disturbed individual.

He clearly has poor taste in music and in sport teams.

Highlander
03-06-2009, 08:46 AM
I love Duke and going to occasional games at Cameron over the years and I've seen one Duke UNC game at the Dean Dome. Your post about going into the Dean Dome as a Duke fan reminded me of something.

That's pretty good. My parents had a big Duke fan who bought a Carolina mat for his front door. They were confused until he explained that he only liked it because he got to wipe his feet on it every time he went inside.

TillyGalore
03-06-2009, 08:51 AM

Yes I do, and I will follow through on your recommendation. hee hee

jjasper0729
03-06-2009, 10:00 AM
That's pretty good. My parents had a big Duke fan who bought a Carolina mat for his front door. They were confused until he explained that he only liked it because he got to wipe his feet on it every time he went inside.

now THAT is good

4decadedukie
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Jason, repeat after me: "Go to hell, Carolina . . .". Repeat as required or desired. I envy you, enjoy every moment.