PDA

View Full Version : Dave Neal posterized by Jeff Teague

cruxer
03-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Whether or not the screen was legal, his bragging about all the praise he's gotten from fellow Terps means Dave Neal deserved to have a worm's eye view of Jeff Teague's nether regions....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTfwcYgNAN8

That dunk is almost as sick as G's after Nolan went down. Only difference is Neal didn't get out of the way this time!

-c

yancem
03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
I was poking around the recruiting web sites the other day and it appears that Jeff Teague has a younger brother in the class of 2011. His name is Marques and he's a 6'1" pg currently ranked #5 overall in his class by Scout. I'm sure that Wake will be recruiting him hard but Duke has struggled to get the younger brothers of some of it's players (most notably Jeff Capel) so maybe we should try to make a run at Marques!

CBDUKE
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
What, no technical after the glare and chest thumping at Neal??

CDu
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM

The chest bumping wasn't actually in Neal's face - it appeared to be directed towards the crowd. The glare was directed at Neal, though, and that should have been called. Officials are very inconsistent on this sort of thing. Doesn't mean Henderson shouldn't have been called, just that Teague should have been.

Tom B.
03-04-2009, 10:56 AM

A technical foul was called, but it was assessed to Dan Ewing.

Vincetaylor
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
That dunk was one of the better ones I've seen in an ACC game. Maybe Teague was offended by the "Teabag Paulus" cheer and decided to give Maryland one of their own. Teague just went up some points in my book considering Neal was the guy who knocked out Nolan too. See you in the NIT Terps!

davekay1971
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Has anybody sent the Twerps a "good luck in the NIT" card yet?

But, to be fair to Neal, despite the dunk he played an excellent game. He was on fire from the 3 point line. He should always remember that on his senior night, he played a great, great game.

And when he's leaning out of the drive-through window next year to hand me my Big Mac and fries value meal, I'll make sure to tell him that :D

KShip21
03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Has anybody sent the Twerps a "good luck in the NIT" card yet?

Maybe it should read something along the lines:

Dear Maryland,

Good luck in the NIT this year. I hope your team makes the conference proud. Lord knows your fans don't!

Sincerely,

Your 2009 ACC Champs. Couldn't have done it without you.
- The Duke Blue Devils

(we can wait until sunday night to send it!!!)

DUKIE V(A)
03-04-2009, 11:29 AM
That was a nasty dunk...Didn't know Teague had hops like that...I am glad the Terps lost last night and hope they have another disappointing run in the NIT...Gary will have great time complaining about not getting into the NCAAs and getting bounced in the second round of the NIT.

Speaking of Dave Neal...Anyone else notice that his flattening of Nolan Smith was one of the featured plays in the College Basketball Plays of the Week at halftime of Monday night's Nova/ND game? I'm disappointed and actually surprised that a play in which any player gets hurt was included in the reel. Even my six year old said, "Why is that a highlight? That's inappropriate."

devildeac
03-04-2009, 11:40 AM
A technical foul was called, but it was assessed to Dan Ewing.

JBDuke also noted on the OTB (correcting me in the process:o) that he had a T assessed after Brian's nose was apparently broken. I thought that T had been assesed against G:o. It's a real shame that Daniel will now have to sit out the next game.:rolleyes:

houstondukie
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I was poking around the recruiting web sites the other day and it appears that Jeff Teague has a younger brother in the class of 2011. His name is Marques and he's a 6'1" pg currently ranked #5 overall in his class by Scout. I'm sure that Wake will be recruiting him hard but Duke has struggled to get the younger brothers of some of it's players (most notably Jeff Capel) so maybe we should try to make a run at Marques!

Jeff Teague's younger brother Marques is most likely headed to Louisville. Pitino coached his father at Boston University (I think) before he went to Kentucky.

CDu
03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Speaking of Dave Neal...Anyone else notice that his flattening of Nolan Smith was one of the featured plays in the College Basketball Plays of the Week at halftime of Monday night's Nova/ND game? I'm disappointed and actually surprised that a play in which any player gets hurt was included in the reel. Even my six year old said, "Why is that a highlight? That's inappropriate."

I did notice, and I'm not surprised. ESPN just LOVES to highlight the "impact" moments. And technically, it was one of the most memorable plays of the week. But I agree that it was completely inappropriate - we shouldn't be highlighting plays that result in serious injury.

bjornolf
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
The thing that surprised me after all this talk about technicals was that Neal didn't get one after on one of his 3s. They showed it in the highlights last night on college basketball final. He was shooting from the corner, and he got bumped a little after the shot. As he caught his balance on the sideline RIGHT in front of the Wake bench (he was off the court, so he was maybe 10 inches from the guys sitting in the chairs), he turned, pointed to a few of them as he stood over them, and started talking smack. They just all stared up at him with wide eyes. How did he not get a T for that? I'm wondering if THAT didn't contribute a little to the dunk. Teague might not have taken that so well.

gotham devil
03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Jeff Teague's younger brother Marques is most likely headed to Louisville. Pitino coached his father at Boston University (I think) before he went to Kentucky.

It was before Pitino went to Providence. Teague was at our game against Purdue.