PDA

View Full Version : I love this team . . .

4decadedukie
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Today’s DBR lead story discusses Duke’s resurgence during the last games, especially starting with our victory over Wake. During the last four games (Wake, Maryland, Virginia Tech and FSU) we are all seeing something truly special, something well beyond individual overachievement, wonderful team chemistry, and intense tenacity. It obviously includes the team, but also draws strength from Coach K and his colleagues, from the Crazies, and from the entire Duke community. I do not know where or how this will end, but I really love this team; it ranks with ’86 and ’01 in my heart, and I will never forget their greatness in the arenas that count the most.

houstondukie
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Today’s DBR lead story discusses Duke’s resurgence during the last games, especially starting with our victory over Wake. During the last four games (Wake, Maryland, Virginia Tech and FSU) we are all seeing something truly special, something well beyond individual overachievement, wonderful team chemistry, and intense tenacity. It obviously includes the team, but also draws strength from Coach K and his colleagues, from the Crazies, and from the entire Duke community. I do not know where or how this will end, but I really love this team; it ranks with ’86 and ’01 in my heart, and I will never forget their greatness in the arenas that count the most.

I love every Duke team, but you're right, there is something "extra" special about this year's team. They just play with so much heart and toughness. And they want to win so bad that you root extra hard for them.

roywhite
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
There's plenty to be said about the contributions of Singler (so versatile, so tough), Scheyer (dramatic drop in team turnovers, steady play and re-discovering his 3-pt stroke) and Gerald Henderson (playing at a level matched only by those in the rafters).

But to me the contribution of Elliot Williams has been absolutely vital. His defense has been excellent, he makes 3 or 4 highlight plays every game around the rim, and he has just given this team such a spark.

I respect Landesburg at UVa, and I guess you could call Trapani at BC a newcomer since he's a transfer, but I don't think any ACC first year guy is playing better now than Elliot. A star in the making.

bluebuck
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I love watchin Duke Basketball, caught last nights game via epsn360.com.

I love how much heart and passion these guys play with. They go out there every game show how good they are and how much they love this game.

By the way they play you can tell how are they want to win. Each and every one of them contributes something and its so awesome to watch them work together and dominate on the court.

How can you not love Duke Basketball!!!!

flyingdutchdevil
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
One of things that I really makes this team so special is team chemistry. While we have had it in the past, it is unparalleled this year to any other. Our guys always look out for one another. They argue against the refs for their teammates. They always smile and congratulate each other. And, most importantly, they look like they are having fun. Even for a winning team, that means a lot. Look at UNC - sure, they are more talented than us, but they have terrible chemistry and look miserable on the court.

I think that is what makes this team so special. The team chemistry. They never, and I mean never, get mad at one another.

arnie
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
There's plenty to be said about the contributions of Singler (so versatile, so tough), Scheyer (dramatic drop in team turnovers, steady play and re-discovering his 3-pt stroke) and Gerald Henderson (playing at a level matched only by those in the rafters).

But to me the contribution of Elliot Williams has been absolutely vital. His defense has been excellent, he makes 3 or 4 highlight plays every game around the rim, and he has just given this team such a spark.

I respect Landesburg at UVa, and I guess you could call Trapani at BC a newcomer since he's a transfer, but I don't think any ACC first year guy is playing better now than Elliot. A star in the making.

And I think EW will definitely make the all-rookie team even though he only had sig minutes in half the ACC games. He's the main reason I think we will advance further in March that last year. More offensive capability and our collection of guards rebound much better.