PDA

View Full Version : Senior Speeches

rthomas
03-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Anybody hear or have video links of our senior speeches, how about post what you know here for us who want to know. Thanks!

mehmattski
03-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Anybody hear or have video links of our senior speeches, how about post what you know here for us who want to know. Thanks!

Marty said he was sorry his parents couldn't make it to his senior game, but that he had a great support group in the form of his teammates, coaches, the Crazies, and his "beautiful, amazing girlfriend." He then finished with "Let's do something special this year!"

Dave remarked on how many years he'd been here (and said "I wish!" when the Crazies chanted "Five more years! Five more years!"). He also thanked his family and teammates and said if he could do it all over again, he'd do it the exact same way.

Greg (to cheers of "GP3! GP3!") started off by thanking his parents for coming to so many of his games. He talked about being a Duke fan growing up and how much it meant to him that "now there are little kids running around with my jersey on." He thanked the Crazies for creating a special place to play in, and thanked his teammates for getting him a win on his senior day.

I really wish I had a zoom camera, to take a picture of the whole team while Greg was talking. Not just to capture the moment, but for the image:

All of the Duke players either in their home white jerseys or their white warmups, behind Greg. Right smack in the middle was Nolan Smith, wearing his puce-green argyle sweater over his pink and white striped Oxford shirt, holding a bright blue box of tissues. F-in classic.

godukerocks
03-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I really wish I had a zoom camera, to take a picture of the whole team while Greg was talking. Not just to capture the moment, but for the image:

All of the Duke players either in their home white jerseys or their white warmups, behind Greg. Right smack in the middle was Nolan Smith, wearing his puce-green argyle sweater over his pink and white striped Oxford shirt, holding a bright blue box of tissues. F-in classic.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/goduke21/DUkesn11.jpg

zingit
03-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Greg was definitely wiping tears away after the pre-game introductions of the seniors. Awwwwwwww. Even cuter was Lance Thomas coming up to him afterward (as they were heading off the court one final time before tipoff) and putting his hands on his shoulders and pumping him up and putting a smile back on his face.

Edited to add: I couldn't help but think, "This could be you next year, G! You could get this kind of a send-off if you just stay!"

BlueHeaven
03-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks for posting this...I got up about an hour ago, still relishing the win, looking for info on speeches. I wanted to cry to when Coach K and GP hugged. I love this team. I love all our teams, but this year is great. FWIW, I think Coach K's passion last night made all the difference. I kept saying to my husband "he never takes his jacket off" and "look at him cheering!" Way to go Duke and GTHC!

Lord Ash
03-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Duke Blue Planet, get on posting these speeches please!:)

Great group of guys; we will miss Greg something fierce.

mehmattski
03-04-2009, 07:45 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/goduke21/DUkesn11.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for finding that!

Kim*
03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
LOL @ Nolan with the tissue box.

PallasAthena
03-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Right smack in the middle was Nolan Smith, wearing his puce-green argyle sweater over his pink and white striped Oxford shirt, holding a bright blue box of tissues. F-in classic.

During the game, Nolan was wearing a pair of neon orange ear plugs to go with that sweater. Quite a fashion statement.

I assume the medical staff thought the noise of the crowd might have an adverse effect on Nolan's concussion recovery.

bjornolf
03-04-2009, 09:49 AM
He was wearing them in the VT game too, but not that color. I doubt it would have an adverse effect on his recovery, but even mid-level noise can give concussion patients horrible headaches. A college gym at full roar would be torture without earplugs.

godukerocks
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks for finding that!

No problem. Props to goduke.com