PDA

View Full Version : Status Check

DukePA
03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Allrighty folks, here we go!! We just knocked off the noles, now let's cream the holes!!! The Devil has banked the fire and brimstone in hell and is now ready to crank up the heat!! Get ready for hell, holes!!

It's a chilly 25 degrees at Cameron Indoor Stadium at the moment. By the time Sunday arrives, the gates of hell will be open and it will be beyond freaking hot as Hades!! Can you feel the heat? It's on the way!!

GTHC, GTH!!!

sue71, esq
03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
It's a little grey and slightly breezy in LA, and since it's always sunny in SoCal, this must mean that the gates of Hades are opening to welcome the Holes!

And I am more than willing to help them get there by not watching if necessary, and eating pepperoni... GTHC, GTH! 9F9F9F!

Tappan Zee Devil
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
It is 16° here in the Hudson Valley and there is ice on the river. A cold wind is blowing from the south. Hell is freezing over.

Go to Hell, carolina!

CameronBornAndBred
03-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Here at the beach it is supposed to be 18 tonight, but they are calling for a veritable heat wave by comparison for the weekend. It can only be due to one thing, an interestingly uncommon weather front due about 4PM on Sunday.

DukePA's Mom
03-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Its 19 here in Efland. Its supposed to be 79 Sun. Just in time for the hell holes to burn.

GTHC, GTHC

OZZIE4DUKE
03-04-2009, 12:20 AM
It is 16° here in the Hudson Valley and there is ice on the river. A cold wind is blowing from the south. Hell is freezing over.

Go to Hell, carolina!

Here at the beach it is supposed to be 18 tonight, but they are calling for a veritable heat wave by comparison for the weekend. It can only be due to one thing, an interestingly uncommon weather front due about 4PM on Sunday.

Its 19 here in Efland. Its supposed to be 79 Sun. Just in time for the hell holes to burn.

GTHC, GTHC

I won't even bother to get cute. It's cold outside, and I HATE the f-ing tarheels. I would consider trading a digit to send Hanstravel out of chapel hill with a loss.

GTHC!
Thanks to DukePA for starting the thread! :D

As y'all have noted, it's pretty darn cold out tonight. 21 in Smithfield, 60 miles from Durham. But it will be nearly 80 come the weekend, as the gates of hell will have opened up to swallow the 'holes for all eternity!

GO TO HELL carolina!
GO TO HELL!

sivartrenrag
03-04-2009, 02:28 AM
It's 11 degrees in Boone right now. Sunday it will be 61 degrees.

We all know why.

Let's send Hanstravel walking out of the Dean Dump for the last time with a loss. GTHC, GTH!

DukePA
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Now it's time to step up the intensity of our Status Checks! Our favorite Paradigm of Optimism, Ozzie, threw down the Gauntlet with a request for creativity. As many of you know, I'm a Physician Assistant. What do you do? How do you envision carolina going to hell if Roy or any baby blue stepped into your office? Here's my contribution:

Originally Posted by DukePA
Infarcations: Case presentation: 58 year old caucasian male presents with a Jayhawk sticker attached to his chest after his team was completely embarrassed by said feisty bird. ECG reveals a curious lead II pattern of 9F9F9F9F.

Disposition: patient discharged home to Chapel Hell to face the wrath of the most unfaithful, unreasonable fan base on the face of the earth.

Addendum: stupid fan base conveniently forgets betrayal after dadgum group hypnosis. Prognosis: the only cure will be the complete and utter devastation of the pathetic light blues by the superior Blue Devils! GTHC, GTH!!

Pull out all the stops and flood this thread with an inferno of GTHC creativity.

77devil
03-04-2009, 11:49 AM
It's frickin' cold in Philly and we all know why. While all the heat on the East coast is being sucked into Chapel Hell, Silky J and I are headed to the warmer environs of Sin City and are betting the farm on DUKE. 9F baby.

CathyCA
03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
It's currently 32 freezing degrees here in Greenville, North Carolina, but we are expecting progressively warmer temperatures heading in to Sunday afternoon as the gates of hell have opened up to the west of us to engulf that campus in Orange County.

GTHC! 9F 9F 9F!

Let's Go Duke!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
It warmed up nicely this afternoon, all the way to the mid 40's. But it is a far cry from the heat that will be present come Sunday afternoon, almost double near 80! Hot as hell, as they say!

Tonight's forecast low is 3 X 9F! How much better can you get than that? :D Well, the "normal" low here is 4 X 9F! Gotta love it!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I've needed today to recover from my heavy duty coaching last night. Finally took a look at the weather forecasts and see a heat wave is forecast to peak on Sunday.

Also just finished an appointment with a chimney sweep. He commented that he noticed a cloud of sulfur about town this afternoon. It seems to be slowly floating east.

Hancock 4 Duke
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
It was just snowing 2 days ago, but now it is 70 degrees! It's getting hot as the holes are about to be burnt to their death!!! HAHAHAHA!

GTHC, GTH!!!!

killerleft
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
To the heelz: May the Morse be with you, as our Devils DOT your eyes and DASH to victory!!

A warm front has predictably passed through Greensboro on its way to Chapaheeya, where the temp will rise to purt'near 80 degrees by gametime. 9F'n ya, heelz!

LET'S GO DUKE!!!!

DukieInKansas
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
We had snow here in the heartland last Saturday with temps in the single digits. As days have passed since that snowfall and Sunday approaches, the temperatures are rising. The prediction is that after the weekend, the temperatures will once again drop and the possibility of snow enters the forecast. This is proof that the doors to the underworld are opening in anticipation of the entry of the tar heels on Sunday and then the doors will close behind them, allowing our temperatures to return to colder temperatures.

GTH, C, GTH

devildeac
03-05-2009, 09:51 PM
It will be beyond seasonably warm in the Triangle this weekend and I can't believe no one has mentioned this so far (unless my reading comp is far worse than I thought:o): WBB sent the dastardly blue-attired tarheelians to hell last weekend. What better way to cap another weekend of acc hoops than MBB sending the pasty and poltroonish purveyors of puerile logic to the fires of Hades also.

Always, and forever: GTHC,GTH!

Son of Jarhead
03-06-2009, 12:12 AM
It's getting hot!

Chapel Hill was 20 degrees warmer Thursday than Wednesday... at that rate it should be positively hellish come Sunday.

Go To Hell, carolina!!!! Go To Hell!!!! (clap-clap) ... [repeat]

DukieBoy
03-06-2009, 07:06 AM
It's was around 30 degrees last night.

It hasn't been above 50 degrees since October.

Sunday's High?

GTHC, GTH

blazindw
03-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Summertime is arriving in DC this weekend, with temperatures in the 70s on Saturday and Sunday. It's definitely due to a heat wave coming up from the south, with the point of origin determined to be the Chapel Hell region.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!

guybrush
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
it's about 10 celsius degrees down here in Northern Italy but it's sunny and springtime in coming... and we are gettin ready for a Night (Rome time) TV game on Espn America... Let's Go Duke!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
It's getting to be so warm on the western edge of the NC Piedmont that I'm having trouble deciding which royal blue outfit to wear.

captmojo
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
At the present, we have 64 balmy, breezy degrees here at 8:02 pm. Darkness can't even hide the fact that Hell awaits the holes. Remember, springtime isn't even official for another two weeks. All of this week's snow is only a memory. :)

The rest of my thoughts can only best be related in prose.
Something like this...

Mary had a big, ugly goat
It's fleece was nasty powder-blue
Everywhere that Mary went
Didn't make a damn bit of difference 'cause the goat exploded from the fires of hell. :D
:cool:

OZZIE4DUKE
03-07-2009, 01:17 AM
It's 6 X 9F degrees at frickin' 1:15 a.m.! The gates of hell have obviously started opening to engulf the 'holes this weekend.

And thanks to the actions of the moderators, I'm revisiting post #3000 again! How great is that?!! :cool:
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/image.php?u=8&dateline=1195240646 (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/member.php?u=8) OZZIE4DUKE (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/member.php?u=8) http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif
All-American, Honorable Mention

OZZIE4DUKE
03-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Today's going to be a 9 X 9F day! Hot as hell on the golf course, and I hope to shoot a 9 X 9F as well!

ArkieDukie
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
High today in St. Louis is forecast to be (8x9F)+4. Temps are warming in preparation for tomorrow!

Jumbo
03-07-2009, 06:33 PM
It's still 56 degrees in the Greatest City in the World after a gorgeous day. We all know what's causing the heat, and we all know what Duke can do tomorrow to cool things off. Go Hell Carolina, Go To Hell!

dukemsu
03-07-2009, 07:12 PM
In honor of LT, Elton, and various others, it's 42 degrees in Coach K's (and Sean Dockery's) hometown of Chicago at 6:10 pm, and it's raining.

Jon, Kyle, G, EWill, and Greg will rain 3s in Hell tomorrow. GTHC.

dukemsu

Gooch
03-07-2009, 09:11 PM
It was 15 degrees above normal here in Connecticut today. And since it wasn't because of hot shooting from our local land-grant college team, it must be because CAROLINA IS GOING TO HELL.

This would be a really good weekend were UConn and Carolina to lose on consecutive days...Go Devils!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-08-2009, 10:52 AM
7 X 9F this morning! Beautiful morning. Heading towards 9 X 9F - way hotter than it should be this early in March! All that ugly light blue stuff is up in the sky so we won't step in it! No messy, smelly stuff on my golf shoes!

Got to focus. Got to have fun! Let's watch carolina Go To Hell today!

Lets Go DUKE!

Ben63
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
It was snowing here in Amish country on Monday and I washed my car yesterday, a mere 4 days later. The heat wave is obviously moving up the coast from a very apparent source.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!

Indoor66
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!

Tell us what you really think, Ozzie.

GTHC, GTH!

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!
Lets Go DUKE!

That's a great post. We need to keep it going!

There appear to be a lot of Nervous Nellie's here in the Dump on the Hump as we approach 4PM and tip off. As I go out to hang my Duke flag I notice the Heel across the street is flying his red OHIO STATE flag instead of his faded blue!!! Could it be the rats are fleeing the sinking ship before it even sets sail? Or could it be that he never learned his colors in kindergarten? Or could it be he's lost his mind in the rising Devils' heat wave? Bless his poor, misguided heart. Sometimes you just have to pity 'em.
Love, Ima

DukeDevilDeb
03-08-2009, 12:19 PM
[/SIZE]
That's a great post. We need to keep it going!

There appear to be a lot of Nervous Nellie's here in the Dump on the Hump as we approach 4PM and tip off. As I go out to hang my Duke flag I notice the Heel across the street is flying his red OHIO STATE flag instead of his faded blue!!! Could it be the rats are fleeing the sinking ship before it even sets sail? Or could it be that he never learned his colors in kindergarten? Or could it be he's lost his mind in the rising Devils' heat wave? Bless his poor, misguided heart. Sometimes you just have to pity 'em.
Love, Ima

DukeDevilDeb reporting, not from the Triangle but from Coach K's (and my) home town: Chicago, where it is totally cloudy! I always know when Duke is going to win, no matter where I am. If I wake up and it's cloudy, the heavenly powers are sending a message: no Carowhina blue in the sky because the Tarheels are going down, down, down!!!!!!

My 5 year old nephew and I are already decked out in Duke clothing. I have given him 267 Duke "things" over the years (bears, bottle openers, a doormat that plays Devil with a blue dress when you step on it, rubber duckie, Devil bobblehead, Duke blanket, pillow, sheets... well, you get the idea). We have piled ALL of them in front of the television and are painting our faces DUKE BLUE and WHITE... and the game doesn't start for 4 hours! Are we PUMPED? You bet!

For today, it's GO TO HECK, CAROLINA!!!! After all, he's only 5.... but I'm thinking of the flaming place for the Heels anyway. :D