tbyers11
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Women's All-ACC team announced today.

Honorable Mention

Shenise Johnson, Miami

Aisha Mohammed, Virginia

Mickel Picco, Boston College

Alex Tchangoue, Wake

Was it just an accidental slip of a keystroke that caused you to leave Abby Waner off of the Honorable Mention list? :) She is on the list at theACC.com (http://www.theacc.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/030209aab.html).

As someone who doesn't follow ACC women's bball very closely if Duke isn't playing, is it odd that Virginia (who finished 5th with an 8-6 record) placed two women on the first team? Were Littles and Wright truly that good?

OZZIE4DUKE
03-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Was it just an accidental slip of a keystroke that caused you to leave Abby Waner off of the Honorable Mention list? :) She is on the list at theACC.com (http://www.theacc.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/030209aab.html).

As someone who doesn't follow ACC women's bball very closely if Duke isn't playing, is it odd that Virginia (who finished 5th with an 8-6 record) placed two women on the first team? Were Littles and Wright truly that good?
Congrats to Chante Black. While blowing out a knee is never a good thing, your hard work has certainly paid off! And where would this team be without you?

I'm glad Abby made honorable mention. It's too bad that her shot disappeared after her sophomore year; oh, what could have been! On the other hand, she's got a nice career as an announcer/broadcaster in front of her. :)

dukelifer
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm glad Abby made honorable mention. It's too bad that her shot disappeared after her sophomore year; oh, what could have been! On the other hand, she's got a nice career as an announcer/broadcaster in front of her. :)

Well there is a chance that she will find it again in the last part of the year. Stranger things have happened.

dukelifer
03-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Women's All-ACC team announced today.

First Team

Chante Black, Duke

Marissa Coleman, Maryland

Lyndra Littles, Virginia

Kristi Toliver, Maryland

Monica Wright, Virginia

Second Team

Jessica Breland, North Carolina

Shayla Fields, NC State

Rashanda McCants, North Carolina

Jacinta Monroe, Florida State

Carolyn Swords, Boston College

Third Team

Cetera DeGraffenreid, North Carolina

Tanae Davis-Cain, Florida State

Mara Freshour, Florida State

Lele Hardy, Clemson

Alex Montgomery, Georgia Tech

Honorable Mention

Shenise Johnson, Miami

Aisha Mohammed, Virginia

Mickel Picco, Boston College

Alex Tchangoue, Wake
I wonder how many times a team has had two first team all ACC players and not finished in the top four.

jimsumner
03-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Abby was indeed honorable mention. I cut and pasted from a Duke email that mentioned Abby in the text but cut her off the list.

I'm delighted to add her to the list.

CameronBornAndBred
03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
It's an amazing testament to the completeness of this team that only 2 players made the list, and yet we are 3rd in the ACC and the second highest in national rankings. We have not relied on any one star to carry us to victory, last night's game was a great example. Congrats to Chante and Abby, best of luck on continued success at Duke and beyond.