PDA

View Full Version : MARCH IS HERE! Great games this week...

houstondukie
03-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Monday:
#16 Villanova @ Notre Dame

Tuesday:
#24 Florida State @ #7 DUKE
#10 Wake Forest @ Maryland

Wednesday:
#2 unc @ Virginia Tech
#5 Oklahoma @ #12 Missouri

Saturday:
#1 UConn @ #4 Pitt
#6 Louisville @ West Virginia
Texas @ #9 Kansas

Sunday:
#19 Clemson @ #10 Wake Forest
#20 Purdue @ #8 Michigan State
Virginia Tech @ #24 Florida State

#7 DUKE @ #2 unc

TwoDukeTattoos
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I am ecstatic for the Duke win at VT in and of itself. But it further thrills me simply because VT will be all that more desperate for a win when the Baby Blues visit Blackburg. As crazy as it sounds, I think there is a greater chance that the Holes will lose than there were for Duke.

SilkyJ
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
excuse me, but ESPN would like you to call this "rivalry" week. Last week was "judgment" week, and next week will be "championship" week, IIRC.

Seriously though, THIS is the most wonderful time of the year. Glad to see us turning a corner during "judgment" week and obviously hope we can continue through Sunday (and beyond)...I'll be in Vegas for the UNC game if anyone else is around!

CDu
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
There's a big game tonight for the bubble teams nationwide. Notre Dame's at-large chances are on life support right now. A win over Villanova would give them a good shot at sneaking back to .500 in conference, with wins over Louisville and Villanova. A loss means they'll probably need to win the Big East tourney to get in.

flyingdutchdevil
03-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Am I the only one who loses an extra month of their lives by the stress that March brings? I love it, but, unlike milk, it does not do the body good.

CDu
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Notre Dame is about to lose (again). They're looking at 7-10 in the Big East, guaranteeing they'll have a losing record in conference. They're now going to be 16-13, with a game against St. John's to end the season. They probably will have to win the Big East or, at the very least, get to the final game (and that probably won't be enough) to make the tourney.

pfrduke
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Notre Dame is about to lose (again). They're looking at 7-10 in the Big East, guaranteeing they'll have a losing record in conference. They're now going to be 16-13, with a game against St. John's to end the season. They probably will have to win the Big East or, at the very least, get to the final game (and that probably won't be enough) to make the tourney.

The Joyce Center magic disappeared this year. Home losses to UConn, Marquette, and Villanova after a stellar home winning streak.

BlueintheFace
03-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Oklahoma loses to Missouri and Kansas is on the ropes late in the 2nd against Texas Tech.... yes, Texas Tech.

BlueintheFace
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Potential NCAA Tourney 2 seed Kansas got whooped by Texas Tech

It was really really cool to watch one of their seniors just go off to set a career high on his last game at home. He walked off the floor in tears. I love March.