PDA

View Full Version : And Now You Know... The Rest of the Story

CameronBornAndBred
02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Paul Harvey, an American radio icon, has died at 90. What a long life he lived and how many people he touched. And how many people's stories he relayed on to the masses. RIP.

2535Miles
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Paul Harvey, an American radio icon, has died at 90. What a long life he lived and how many people he touched. And how many people's stories he relayed on to the masses. RIP.
Awww what a bummer. RIP Mr. Harvey, you'll be missed.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I used to love hearing his "Rest of the story" stories on the radio. RIP Paul.

captmojo
02-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Very sorry to hear this. Thanks for passing it along.

CameronBornAndBred
02-28-2009, 09:51 PM
To my own personal thoughts on him, I'm a public and news radio junky, so I listened to him a lot, even as a kid. His show was one of those that would keep me in the car long after I turned the engine off, so I finally could hear "the rest of the story". He had a great voice, and was a great story teller. I also loved his ads, he voiced most of his sponsors products himself, always with his own way of telling it like it was. I used to love trying to guess who or what "the rest of the story" was. I remember being in a Goodwill store just browsing, not buying anything. They had Harvey on the public speakers, and I had finished shopping. I sat on the bench by the exit for 5 minutes while I listened to his tale of the day. I probably looked goofy sitting there staring off into space, but I loved it. What a guy.

DukieInKansas
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
I first heard him on Armed Forces Radio in Japan. I didn't hear him as much once I returned to the States, but I always enjoyed him. My favorite thing that I heard him say: Be alert. American needs more lerts.

Rest in peace, Paul Harvey.

rthomas
02-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Gooood Day!

YmoBeThere
03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I still remember a bumper sticker of the week thing he read said circa 1983:

"I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I!"