PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Virginia Tech (II)

Troublemaker
02-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Who was the MOTM?

FireOgilvie
02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Jon Scheyer was the only consistent player in the whole game, so I gave it to him. Four 3s, a bunch of really big steals and smart plays, and some solid point guard play.

Bob Green
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Kyle Singler had a big second half. He came through when the game got tough so I voted for him. Singler, Scheyer and Henderson combined to secure this tough road win.

juise
02-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Kyle was solid down the stretch. He had some big second chance points late. He was a threat inside and outside, and found ways to get to the line. I agree with Bob... G and Scheyer played a big part in the win, too.

diesel
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Kyle played like a man in the second half. But he clinched MOTM for me when he made that inbounds pass at the end all the way down the court to Greg. That put the game away. I guess Greg gets some credit too!

rsvman
02-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Gotta go with Singler on this one. Stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park in the 9th inning.

geraldsneighbor
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
They negated G in the second half really well and at that point Kyle stepped it up. Hitting that big 3 early in the half and getting to the foul line a bunch. That back-door play he ran with G was absolutely huge.

jpfrizzle
02-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Voting on this poll in past few weeks has been tough, when you are voting for just ONE player.

Our 3 best players are G, Singler & Jon

MB in MD
02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I also voted for Kyle. G built us a big lead, but Kyle refused to let us lose down the stretch, playing with an energy (K might call it verve;)) I haven't seen from him in several games. Nice to see you back big guy!

BlueintheFace
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Henderson was 8-20 and 0-6 from three. Weird, going in to halftime I thought for sure he would win this game's MOTM.

My vote goes to Singler.

tele
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I'd say Singler. I was leaning toward Gerald, but I'm going to reserve all my votes for Gerald until next year and then vote for him every game.

fitimi1
02-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I voted for EWill and here is why. Not sure exactly what happened, but all of a sudden, our Blue Devils seemed to be back on their heels. I am not sure what the score was at the time, but VT had "mo" on their side when he hit a 3. Thought that stopped the bleeding.

captmojo
02-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I think Gerald played a great game. They really did not have a match up for him. He just missed a few of his shots, that were mainly open, in the second half. MOTM vote for me, had to go to Kyle because of the beating he withstood throughout the entire game, and still had all the desire and stamina to overcome it, put on a great performance and refuse to lose in spite of the physical nature of both Tech's offense and defense.

Great job.

jv001
02-28-2009, 09:54 PM
As usual there were more than one choice for MOTM. I voted for Kyle because he stepped up in the 2nd half when we werre struggling on offense. Gerald just went cold in the 2nd half after carrying us in the first half. Jon was pretty steady, but did not shoot well from 2 point territory. Was 4-8 from 3 point territory. Elliot did an excellent job on Delaney and played pretty consistently through out the game. But Kyle and 21 pts and 4 rebs, 3 assists with zero tos. Go Duke!

CameronBornAndBred
02-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Any of our "top three" could have gotten my vote today. Very nearly gave it to Kyle for getting his game back, but Jon led us solidly at the point, made threes when we needed them, and made his FT's when we really needed them. I'm looking forward to again voting for someone off the bench. Hopefully it will happen soon, but a shout out to McClure, he has never dissapointed me this season. Another solid round from him tonight as well.

DukeDevilDeb
02-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes, Gerald had a huge first half. Yes, Kyle had a huge second half. But the consistent play THROUGHOUT the game came from Jon. His offense was strong, and he played excellent defense. He seems so secure with the ball... I never worry that he is going to forget what he is supposed to do!

As to Kyle's pass to Greg, it was great... but it only happened because Greg got back... great move, Greg.

Go Devils!

biscuit30
03-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I voted for Kyle for his second half and the cheap shot that he took. The VaTech player clearly sized Kyle up and put his elbow somewhere near his head or throat.

marinbobbyduhon
03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
I voted for Kyle. Coach K challenged Kyle at the half and told him that they couldn't win without him stepping up (I am paraphrasing what I heard on the radio interview by K after the game). He seemed to really take K's words to heart.

Jumbo
03-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Jon Scheyer was the only consistent player in the whole game, so I gave it to him. Four 3s, a bunch of really big steals and smart plays, and some solid point guard play.

How was he only credit with 3 steals? He had 3 steals in the first 10 minutes alone. I counted five. The statisticians have been awful throughout the ACC season.

ncexnyc
03-01-2009, 02:47 AM
What happened to Delaney? That's why I went with Elliot.

Kewlswim
03-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Hi,

I Think G was not feeling well in the second half, yet he was effective in many ways. His first half was great. I don't know why he got the T, the announcers did not elaborate. I like guys who get excited. I did not see any taunting, but then again I did not hear what he was saying so he might have been.

GO DUKE!

Buckeye Devil
03-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Kyle came up big in the second half when it really got tough with points, assists (esp. the touchdown pass to Paulus), and some big boards at the end.

ACCBBallFan
03-01-2009, 05:30 PM
From a metrics perspective, tie between Singler and Henderson but edge to Singler who accomplished it in fewer minutes played.

Rating Player

93 A.D. Vassallo, G-F

68 Kyle Singler, F
68 Gerald Henderson, G-F

64 Jon Scheyer, G
64 J.T. Thompson, F

60 TOTALS-VA Tech
58 TOTALS-Duke

56 Malcolm Delaney, G
50 Dorenzo Hudson, G

46 Elliot Williams, G
43 Jeff Allen, F