PDA

View Full Version : DBR encouraging binge drinking

BD80
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
In linking a Doyle (I know I misspelled it) article defending Calhoun, DBR states:

Here’s a drinking game suggestion: for every time Doyel uses the word "I" in an article, take a drink. You won’t be waking up any time soon.

After all the lip service that we are better than terp fans and that we are cleaning things up around here?

Not even the terps up into the wee hours of the morning before the Duke game snickering about phone pranks are stupid enough to drink that much!

That game would be fatal if played with Tequila.

With mixed drinks or beer, the game may not be fatal unless the rules required following his links to his other articles.

Remember the way Matt Causey looked during the Duke game? Eyes aimed in different directions? That is what people playing the Doyel drinking game will be quickly reduced to.

Of course, Doyel's drivel may make more sense in that state just before losing consciousness.

moonpie23
02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
i tried to find a video of that matt causey concussion this morning and couldn't....anyone got a link?

bdh21
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
In linking a Doyle (I know I misspelled it) article defending Calhoun, DBR states:

After all the lip service that we are better than terp fans and that we are cleaning things up around here?

Not even the terps up into the wee hours of the morning before the Duke game snickering about phone pranks are stupid enough to drink that much!

That game would be fatal if played with Tequila.

With mixed drinks or beer, the game may not be fatal unless the rules required following his links to his other articles.

Remember the way Matt Causey looked during the Duke game? Eyes aimed in different directions? That is what people playing the Doyel drinking game will be quickly reduced to.

Of course, Doyel's drivel may make more sense in that state just before losing consciousness.

I (dang it!) count 16 "I"s (shoot, there I <damn!> go again!) in Doyle's article. The state of inebriation after such a drinking game would depend on three factors: 1) the type of adult beverage consumed, 2) the size of a "drink" (which itself may be dependent on the type of adult beverage), and 3) the speed at which one reads the Doyle article. Depending on the three factors above, the drinking game could lead to a mild buzz, certain-death, or nearly anything in between.

hurleyfor3
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Depending on the three factors above, the drinking game could lead to a mild buzz, certain-death, or nearly anything in between.

Mild buzz? Maybe if you're drinking O'Doul's. Fifteen shots is the better part of a fifth!

bdh21
02-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Mild buzz? Maybe if you're drinking O'Doul's. Fifteen shots is the better part of a fifth!

Fifteen shots of a light beer? That is a very mild buzz. It all depends on what you drink, and how much constitutes a "drink". And plenty of people drink shots of beer during, say, power hours. (Not to condone power hours, or anything of the sort)

hurleyfor3
02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
By "shots" I meant something 80+ proof, which should have been implicit by my reference to a fifth. :)

roywhite
02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
By "shots" I meant something 80+ proof, which should have been implicit by my reference to a fifth. :)

One benefit of the hard stuff vs shots of beer:

After 15 shots of beer, you're still aware of how annoying Doyel is; 15 shots of liquor will at least cure that.

BD80
02-27-2009, 03:55 PM
One benefit of the hard stuff vs shots of beer:

After 15 shots of beer, you're still aware of how annoying Doyel is; 15 shots of liquor will at least cure that.

Hopefully, after 15 shots of liquor you will also forget having read Doyel.

But you'll still feel dirty, like you need a shower to scrub the lobes of your brain.

Indoor66
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Hopefully, after 15 shots of liquor you will also forget having read Doyel.

But you'll still feel dirty, like you need a shower to scrub the lobes of your brain.

After 15 shots you will not be conscious!