PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Jones' comment

homebre
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Can someone explain what this means?

Duke was a team on the ropes a week ago, the product of a criticized culture that is favorable to only certain kinds of recruits.?

Andy from Hillsborough

FerryFor50
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM

Duke was a team on the ropes a week ago, the product of a criticized culture that is favorable to only certain kinds of recruits.?

Andy from Hillsborough

What do you think it means? :p

fishindevil
02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately it means DBRs association with Bustersports will result in more linked articles from Andrew Jones. Jones is a BIG tarhole fan and writes for carolina web sites. He is not an ACC writer but a UNC writer and all of his articles will be biased. Look up his old stuff from the Wilmington Star News, we were so happy for him to leave.

killerleft
02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I think that Jones, in his clever way, is affirming that Coach K is hands-down the best college basketball coach ever. By trying to insinuate that Duke only recruits players with family backgrounds comparable to Leave it to Beaver and The Cosby Show, the sly and crafty Jones acknowledges that Duke must recruit from a much smaller pool than its state-supported neighbors.

Thanks, Andrew Jones!

What a writer! I still don't see why he would ever have wanted to play baseball with the Atlanta Braves. u know?

Devilsfan
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Affirmative. Duke must recruit only those high schoolers with above average intelligence and competitiveness on the court AND in the classroom. Duke students are future leaders not future deadbeats. If their ball careers should end with or before their college tenure is over they should be prepared for life after basketball, football etc.

dukegirlinsc
02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
What a writer! I still don't see why he would ever have wanted to play baseball with the Atlanta Braves. u know?

Uncalled for! He's a Texas Ranger now. (Or something below it...lol.) :p

tele
02-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Andy from Hillsborough

I was puzzled by this as well, but then I figured it was just some inside take on Duke that only the writer and his other personalities were privy to.

DukePA's Mom
02-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Andy from Hillsborough

So glad you are promoting Andys's in Hillsborough. Andy is a Duke student. I know the family. Grandad is from Mt Olive, his son owns Andys. I am very good friends with his sister.

As for you, GTHC. I'm sure your wouldn't be on this site were you not trying to prove who is the best. WE KNOW WHO IS THE BEST. DUKE of course. THis of course is directed to the unc writer.,