PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Uneducated Terps Fan

Jumbo
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
We had a troll here not long ago. He's been banned. But, he needs to understand something: Duke fans never chanted anything at Juan Dixon about his parents. In fact, Duke fans were extremely supportive of Dixon over the years. Ask Juan. It was UVA fans who crossed the line you were talking about. Try doing a little research before showing up and making ridiculous accusations in the future. Heck, your own student paper reported as much:

http://media.www.diamondbackonline.com/media/storage/paper873/news/2005/02/15/Opinion/In.Search.Of.Rivals-2320695.shtml

"Oh, those Virginians with their ties are so classy. Lest we forget how they chanted 'crackhead parents' at Juan Dixon when he visited University Hall. Both his parents died of AIDS."

JDev
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
I saw his post and responded immediately about the fact that that sad incident occurred at UVA. That sort of thing, the F-word chants, the throwing stuff at player's parents, the attempted harrassing of players at their hotel, the signs that reference a player's underage sister, you just won't see that stuff at Duke. And that makes me proud.
Thanks Jumbo, good work.

dukegirlinsc
02-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Agreed.

I, sadly, don't despise Maryland the way they despise Duke. Yes, of course, it's always fun to beat them, just because it pisses them off to such a high extent. But stalking hotels, using the f-bomb, throwing crap at people, and calling people's personal mobile phones....come on now. It makes me SO PROUD to be a Duke fan, I'm glad such classless acts don't come around these parts very often.

Duke hates puppies. :D

rthomas
02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Duke hates puppies.

Can someone explain the whole 'Duke hates puppies' thing?

I've had several students at WVU ask me why MD fans had these signs.

geraldsneighbor
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Can someone explain the whole 'Duke hates puppies' thing?

I've had several students at WVU ask me why MD fans had these signs.

It has to have something to do with Lance, Jon, Nolan and G all having small dogs.

phaedrus
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
"X hates puppies" is a pretty common expression suggesting that X is soulless. Google it.

bbar7502
02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
One of my buddies who is a maryland fan (poor guy), said he heard there wasn't any real significance to the hating puppies sign. He said he thinks it was just to point Duke out as the villians they are. I then proceeded to tell him to enjoy the NIT tournament this year...yeah we usually go back and forth...why is he my buddy again?

Mike Corey
02-27-2009, 12:07 AM
"X hates puppies" is a pretty common expression suggesting that X is soulless. Google it.

The best iteration of this joke took place a few years ago when Jon Stewart went to town (http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=85250) on N*ncy G*ace during the denouement of the lacrosse imbroglio.

Acymetric
02-27-2009, 12:14 AM
The best iteration of this joke took place a few years ago when Jon Stewart went to town (http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=85250) on N*ncy G*ace during the denouement of the lacrosse imbroglio.

That was absolutely fantastic. I must have missed that episode, thanks for putting that link up.

Edouble
02-27-2009, 01:00 AM

THANK YOU!!! Hilarious.

moonpie23
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
jon riding nancy grace like a rented donkey...

bjornolf
02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I know this is a little off-topic, but recent news was all about Vick and if and how soon he'll be allowed to play again in the NFL, and the ramifications regarding protests and whatnot. I wonder if at his first game, there will be hundreds of signs outside the stadium reading "Michael Vick hates puppies" or that the team or the owner of that team "hates puppies". I could certainly see that. I've seen the protests and stuff already. Did anybody have signs reading that?

ChicagoDevil
02-27-2009, 12:42 PM

that is just too too funny...

BlueDevilJay
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM

There's an image I didn't need this afternoon....ugh...

I, on the other hand, LOVE puppies. :D

Reisen
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
It's some kind of Maryland thing. Something in the water up there must keep them from thinking up better insults than "xyz hates puppies!" Here's an ad from Michael Steele's 2006 Senate Run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7wjJyMDUH0&feature=channel_page

4decadedukie
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
In fact, I am quite sure Coach K has always been particularly support of, and frequently praised, Juan Dixon.

Mike Corey
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
There's an image I didn't need this afternoon....ugh...

I, on the other hand, LOVE puppies. :D

Is this the difference between love and lust?

4decadedukie
02-27-2009, 02:34 PM

Stewart's 12 April 2007 Nancy Disgrace segment was absolutely great; I watch it from time to time just to rekindle my ire at Grace, Murphy, and others of their ilk who were so positive, so flagrantly anti-Duke, so wrong, and who still have not had the courage or courtesy to apologize.

captmojo
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Nancy Grace hates puppies. She beats them with kittens. :D

Did she go to Maryland?

Of course, I keed, I keed.

DukeUsul
02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
In fact, I recall attending the ACC all-star exhibition game we had in Cameron a number of years ago. I vividly recall Juan Dixon being received VERY warmly by the home crowd. I honestly think most Duke fans really like the guy.

Lord Ash
02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
In fact, I recall attending the ACC all-star exhibition game we had in Cameron a number of years ago. I vividly recall Juan Dixon being received VERY warmly by the home crowd. I honestly think most Duke fans really like the guy.

Loved that. Generally Duke folks loved Dixon, except for that he was deadly to us.

Another note on that; has ANYONE ever seen the photo of Dixon in a Duke uniform that came from that event? I saw it once but have never been able to find it again.

BlueDevilJay
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Is this the difference between love and lust?

I wasn't using LOVE as a verb I swear!

BD80
02-27-2009, 04:10 PM

I need help with my reading comprehension.

Is that:

like jon would ride a rented donkey, or

like a rented donkey would ride nancy grace?

Jon also closes with the comment that nancy is off raping puppies. How would that work? Sometimes Jon is too erudite for me.

That clip shows why Jon and his writers can be at the top of the field.

Jumbo
02-28-2009, 01:30 AM
This thread has drifted way too far off topic. Time to close it.