PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 plays from last night now on DBP

Highlander
02-26-2009, 10:53 AM
No need to say which one was #1. I liked what Stuart Scott said about the dunk, which was something like "I'm not supposed to say nothin, but that just ain't right."

Link here (http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/bptv.asp?flv=http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/images/gallery/117/uploads/Maryland_-_Top_5_Plays_(2-25-09).flv)

roywhite
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
No need to say which one was #1. I liked what Stuart Scott said about the dunk, which was something like "I'm not supposed to say nothin, but that just ain't right."

Link here (http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/bptv.asp?flv=http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/images/gallery/117/uploads/Maryland_-_Top_5_Plays_(2-25-09).flv)

Thanks for posting. Good stuff.

On Play #2, Elliot Williams does 2 things I really like:

The extra pass to the shooter, Scheyer

He then goes to the offensive board, and is in good position. His nose for the ball, leaping ability, and quickness around the basket is producing putback and opportunity baskets.

juise
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
G had 3.5 out of the top 5 plays (I'm giving a .5 for his assist to Singler). I am not shocked.

Tom B.
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
G had 3.5 out of the top 5 plays (I'm giving a .5 for his assist to Singler). I am not shocked.

And the dunk was the #3 play on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays of the day. It came in behind a home video of a half-court shot to win a girl's high school playoff game, and the crazy flipping-the-ball-over-his-head-while-flying-backwards-through-the-lane shot by that dude from Rhode Island to beat Dayton in overtime.

Skitzle
02-26-2009, 12:42 PM
2 Thoughts

1) The "that was an incredible answer" and "I don't even care what the question was" parlay between bilas and mike patrick still makes me smile

2) At the end of that play you see the RIDICULOUS travel by bowie.... he took like 4-6 steps without a dribble. I definitely barked during that play.... but you know... Duke won.... so it's water under the bridge.

Highlander
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
2 Thoughts

2) At the end of that play you see the RIDICULOUS travel by bowie.... he took like 4-6 steps without a dribble. I definitely barked during that play.... but you know... Duke won.... so it's water under the bridge.

Yeah, I saw that too. Wonder if anyone will make a youtube video of that one and talk about how Maryland gets all the calls...

brumby041
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Should we send Dave Neal a "Thank You" card for making #1 possible?

Any word on Nolan?

summerwind03
02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I missed G's dunk in real time, but am enjoying watching it over and over now!

My favorite things about G's block is that he hit it gently enough that he could recover.

Reddevil
02-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Another nice play not on this list was EW making a great rebound in traffic, and going up immediately for a layup - super effort, and a fist pumper for us fans!

cruxer
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. Wonder if anyone will make a youtube video of that one and talk about how Maryland gets all the calls...

This was my thought EXACTLY! The Duke-hate means only bad calls in our favor get turned into YouTube/sportsblog sensations. We truly are a nation of haters...

-c

elvis14
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow, I watched #1 over and over. Wow, that was the turning point in ths game. Ignorant UMD fans think Neal is their hero when he was the guy that sparked US late. Two things I noticed:

1) G was clearly fouled on his left arm on the way up (not called....again)
2) I watched the walk from the MD player on the other end a few times to see if he had control of the ball. He did have control and that walk should have been the easiest call in the whole game (not called).

Duke gets all the calls?

Lulu
02-26-2009, 07:28 PM
I guess I'm thick, or stupid, or it's missing context, but what did Stuart Scott mean by "I'm not supposed to say nuthin' " ? He doesn't just mean he's not supposed to compliment Duke with his background and all does he?

pfrduke
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
I guess I'm thick, or stupid, or it's missing context, but what did Stuart Scott mean by "I'm not supposed to say nuthin' " ? He doesn't just mean he's not supposed to compliment Duke with his background and all does he?

Let's be honest - even Stuart Scott doesn't know what he means with half the words that come out of his mouth...