PDA

View Full Version : Dominic James Out With Broken Foot

Newton_14
02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Dominic James just suffered a fracture in his foot in the game against UCONN. Similar to the Boozer injury in 01. Hate to see that happen to a Sr this late in the year.

That will hurt a very good Marquette team.

geraldsneighbor
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Dominic James just suffered a fracture in his foot in the game against UCONN. Similar to the Boozer injury in 01. Hate to see that happen to a Sr this late in the year.

Yeah, I just saw that. This injury is later in the year though then the Boozer injury. What a shame. I felt the same way when Mike Cook went down vs. Duke last year.

Newton_14
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I just saw that. This injury is later in the year though then the Boozer injury. What a shame. I felt the same way when Mike Cook went down vs. Duke last year.

Are you still watching the game? This has turned into a really great game and Calhoun just got T'd up. Marquette just took the lead by 1.

MChambers
02-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Didn't Boozer break his foot in the next to last game of the regular season? That's part of what made the coaching job so amazing.

SMO
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM

This is really sad. They guy is a senior and on a surging team. What a bummer. I hate to see this happen.

jimsumner
02-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Boozer broke his foot on February 27, 2001.

jipops
02-25-2009, 11:18 PM

It's over.

elvis14
I hated hearing that DJ is injured. I've always liked his game and enjoyed watching him play. Sometimes I just relate to skilled smaller guards. Anyway, I feel for the guy going out like that his senior year.

Newton_14

And it came on Senior Night against Maryland in the next to the last game of the regular season and was to be the last loss of the year!

DukieBoy
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
It's really bad for DJ to suffer the injury. He is having surgery now and will be out for the year. I managed our varsity basketball team in 7th grade (still do) when we played DJ at Richmond High School. Will never forget how dominant he was for his size. My first year I managed, James hit a fade away three from 30 feet away to send the game into overtime. They would eventually win the game. The following year, we were at their place, and during shoot around, one of DJ's teammates stood at the free throw, bounced the ball on the ground, and knelt down. DJ came flying in, jumped over the player, caught the ball, and dunked. Very few people were in the gym as it was 3 hours or so before the game, but the few in there went crazy. Since then, DJ has been one of my favorite college players.

juise
02-26-2009, 12:34 AM
ESPN.com reports (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3935112) that he's done for the year. What a bad break for James and for a hot team. I have kinda followed this group of Marquette seniors since we played against them the last few years and was hoping they would make some noise this year in tournament. Maybe they still will.