PDA

View Full Version : Laettner and Pitino commercial re: the Shot.

Pacer
02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
The advertisement will show Laettner following Pitino around his house making “the shot” over and over to torment him.

See the link:

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=14279

OZZIE4DUKE
02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
The advertisement will show Laettner following Pitino around his house making “the shot” over and over to torment him.

See the link:

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=14279
At least kentucky fans give "the shot" its proper due!

so my question is this: How does the Big Blue Nation feel about the Vitamin Water campaign taking the most famous shot in college basketball history
Seriously, if you ever want to annoy a Kentucky fan, I mean make his/her face turn red, steam come out of their ears and their blood boil, just walk up and whisper "Christian Laettner" into their ear and step back (quickly)! :D

BlueintheFace
02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
This is going to be an awesome commercial...

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-25-2009, 05:30 PM
At least kentucky fans give "the shot" its proper due!

Seriously, if you ever want to annoy a Kentucky fan, I mean make his/her face turn red, steam come out of their ears and their blood boil, just walk up and whisper "Christian Laettner" into their ear and step back (quickly)! :D

I actually have a picture of The Shot on my phone for just this purpose.

geraldsneighbor
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Looks like Rick is doing okay at Louisville with that house...

weezie
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Can't wait to see it! I think this might take away some of the bad taste in my mouth after that hbo tarhole lovefest.

Teton Jack
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
UK fans lack a sense of humor. Here's an example:

Several months ago a co-worker was having a baby and had a "contest" to name the baby. The co-worker is a big UK fan so I submitted an entry with the first and middle names of "Hurley Laettner". She turned my name into HR for creating a hostile work environment.

Teton Jack

coachbob
02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
I really like seeing how bitter big blue nation is over this.:)

-jk
02-25-2009, 06:27 PM
The comments after the article are worth the admission price!

-jk

BlueintheFace
02-25-2009, 07:24 PM
UK fans lack a sense of humor. Here's an example:

Several months ago a co-worker was having a baby and had a "contest" to name the baby. The co-worker is a big UK fan so I submitted an entry with the first and middle names of "Hurley Laettner". She turned my name into HR for creating a hostile work environment.

Teton Jack

hahahha, no way. What did HR say?

BD80
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
This has got to sting at UK.

Laettner is the devil.

The shot is a low point in UK history.

Pitino is Benedict Arnold, now coaching at Louisville.

Ooooh. Let's put all three together and have some fun!

This is all at UK's expense.

captmojo
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
While a seething Pitino discusses the shot, Laettner should be shown eating a BBQ sandwich and discussing his favorite BBQ.

fidel
02-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Personally, I would have loved an ad playing off of 'groundhog day'.

The same shot over, and over, and over...day from Kentucky Hell.

WojoSay?
02-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Looks like the Kentucky fans do not approve such message.

brevity
02-26-2009, 02:28 AM
The comments after the article are worth the admission price!

I didn't even have to read that far to get a laugh... the first post is by someone named "The Fake Gimel Martinez." Awesome.

allenmurray
02-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I have new found respect for Rick Pitino.

KenTankerous
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Unlike most Kentucky fans, I think this is going to be hilarious! I just hope BigBlue Nation and their almost certain rage over this doesn't make bigger news than the commercial.

I feel Kentucky exorcised the ghost of Christian Laettner with the 17 point, less than ten minutes to go comeback win in the 98 regional finals, on the way to the National Championship.

I've posted it before but here is a great link to the UK vs Duke history:
http://bigbluehistory.net/bb/rivalDuke.html

Teton Jack
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
HR told me to foster a caring environment, particularly given her pregnancy.

DukieInKansas
02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
HR told me to foster a caring environment, particularly given her pregnancy.

I hope you cared for her, and more importantly for her child, by giving the baby a Duke t-shirt at the office baby shower. It is important that the innocent baby be taught the correct blue from birth. :D

Reddevil
02-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe Shaun Dockery and Seth Greenberg will be in the sequel.:D

sue71, esq
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Here's more about it: Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Rick-Pitino-and-Christian-Laettner-discuss-the-?urn=ncaab,144218)