PDA

View Full Version : Nice comments on our future NBA players

ice-9
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
From si.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/seth_davis/02/24/hoop.thoughts/index.html?eref=T1)

Gerald Henderson, 6-4 junior guard, Duke: "He's finally become the player we all hoped he would. He's more than just a superior athlete, he's making some shots. He's never going to be Ray Allen, but he's attacking the basket and finishing. I don't know if I completely trust it yet, but he's obviously an NBA player athletically. If he comes out, he'll sneak into the late lottery because he has so much upside."

Kyle Singler, 6-8 sophomore forward, Duke: "He's an NBA player. What doesn't he do? He's versatile, he can really pass and he's tough as heck. He's not a great shooter, but he's a better rebounder and passer than he is a shooter. He's got a little more nastiness in him than people think. I've watched him guard players who are 6-4, 6-5, and I've watched him guard guys who are 6-9 and 6-10."

Kyle Singler, the nastiness!

Jeffrey
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I also believe that Scheyer, Smith, and Williams have the potential to be future NBA players.

BlueDevilBaby
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
What?! No mention of Marty? ;)

ice-9
02-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I also believe that Scheyer, Smith, and Williams have the potential to be future NBA players.

I certainly hope so! That would bode well for our championship aspirations...

trinity92
02-25-2009, 07:51 PM
From the linked article:

Ty Lawson, 5-11 junior guard, North Carolina: "He can definitely play in the league, but his size is a question. There are very few midget point guards that can really get it done in the NBA. I don't think he can shoot it as well as Jameer Nelson. If he gets on a team that plays up-tempo he'll look really good, but none of Roy Williams' point guards learn how to play at different paces because he has them playing so fast, they never learn how to negotiate the game. I'd say Lawson is between Raymond Felton and Jacque Vaughn. I've never been crazy about his leadership skills."

Emphasis added.

Love it!

weezie
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM
There are very few midget point guards

Ouch! Not very PC from my least favorite sporting mag ever.

dukegirlinsc
02-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Dan Patrick was discussing this yesterday, lovedddd it! Thanks for posting the link, I wanted to read for myself. :D