PDA

View Full Version : Texas 73, (2) Oklahoma 68

bjornolf
02-22-2009, 06:28 AM
What an interesting game. Obviously the loss of Griffin hurt the Sooners, but that has GOT to be the strangest concussion I've ever seen. Blake goes for a hook shot along the baseline and it looks like the guys hand just kind of rakes down his face, mostly hitting his nose. He gets a really bad nose bleed, and I thought it was just a freakishly unlikely broken nose. But then they're talking concussion. I didn't see him take any other blows to the head, and that's the play ESPN showed over and over after the game. I've NEVER seen a guy get a concussion from such a seemingly soft and glancing blow. Especially a guy that big and strong. If it really is a concussion, I'll be interested to see how this affects Capel's team going forward. Hopefully it's a VERY mild one, which it appeared to be, and won't affect Blake too much going into March.

So, number 2 and number 3 both lose to unranked opponents on the same night. We're ranked lower than Wake, guess they'd better watch out for the upset bug too, eh? ;) Let's go Duke, time for some retribution!

Buckeye Devil
02-22-2009, 07:25 AM
And Oklahoma still almost won in a tough road environment against a decent team without Griffin. They would have if it had not been for Abrams who put up 16 in a row for the Horns late in the second half. That was a freakish way to get a concussion but he did look a little glazed on the bench.

moonpie23
02-22-2009, 11:21 AM
it could have just been me, but.......did the refs in that game even KNOW what a foul was.....he gets a bloody nose AND a concussion and no foul called??

if those refs were in the ACC, Hans would never get a call...

sue71, esq
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
it could have just been me, but.......did the refs in that game even KNOW what a foul was.....he gets a bloody nose AND a concussion and no foul called??

if those refs were in the ACC, Hans would never get a call...

Heck, it it was in the Pac 10, the foul would've been called on Griffin. :rolleyes:

gwwilburn
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, Blake looked pretty confused. His intensity went from looking as if he wanted to rip the other team's heads off to "Where am I?"

sue71, esq
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Heck, it it was in the Pac 10, the foul would've been called on Griffin. :rolleyes:

Dang that should read, "IF IT was in the Pac 10..." :eek: