PDA

View Full Version : The Gauntlet

OZZIE4DUKE
02-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Infarcations: Case presentation: 58 year old caucasian male presents with a Jayhawk sticker attached to his chest after his team was completely embarrassed by said feisty bird. ECG reveals a curious lead II pattern of 9F9F9F9F.

Disposition: patient discharged home to Chapel Hell to face the wrath of the most unfaithful, unreasonable fan base on the face of the earth.

Addendum: stupid fan base conveniently forgets betrayal after dadgum group hypnosis. Prognosis: the only cure will be the complete and utter devastation of the pathetic light blues by the superior Blue Devils! GTHC, GTH!!
DukePA, this would have been a great post to start the next Status Check thread, which I will NOT be starting, just to change the mojo.

OK, I'm throwing down the gauntlet! Now all you creative ("it was better in my years", 11e on the HPR) folks have until ~10:15 p.m. on March 3rd to come up with something creative to start the thread! :D Ladies and gentlemen, start your creative juices flowing! I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

Please don't start the thread before the end of the Florida State game. That too would be bad mojo. I'm sure the Mods will combine all the first posts into one thread, hopefully picking what they consider the best one to lead the thread. :cool:

OZZIE4DUKE
02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
No need for anyone to respond here, but I hope all y'all (that's as southern as I can speak :rolleyes:) are thinking about creative ways to start the Status Check thread on March 3rd!

Lord Ash
02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Can I ask; what is the background and ground rules for the status check thread? I've seen it for years but never really got involved because I clearly didn't get it.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
OK, I'm throwing down the gauntlet! Now all you creative ("it was better in my years", 11e on the HPR) folks have until ~10:15 p.m. on March 3rd to come up with something creative to start the thread! :D Ladies and gentlemen, start your creative juices flowing! I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

Please don't start the thread before the end of the Florida State game. That too would be bad mojo.
Have you been thinking about how to start the Status Check thread? Tuesday night after the Florida State game, someone has to do it!

devildeac
03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Have you been thinking about how to start the Status Check thread? Tuesday night after the Florida State game, someone has to do it!

Briefly, BTTT.

Yea, f$u is the game we need to prepare for now but just after the final whistle, we need a starter for the status check thread. I have my idea. Who is going to be the leader tomorrow night.

Beat the 'noles, then beat the 'holes. Go Devils!

-jk
03-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Time to focus on the game at hand.

-jk