PDA

View Full Version : Roy's F-bomb

OZZIE4DUKE
02-19-2009, 06:08 PM
How come there has been no mention of Roy's "accidental" F-bomb on live radio last night during his post game press conference? He said he meant to say frickin' and he usually only slips up on the golf course. Well, that part I can understand ;) .

sandinmyshoes
02-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Has it been youtubed yet?

Stray Gator
02-19-2009, 06:13 PM
How come there has been no mention of Roy's "accidental" F-bomb on live radio last night during his post game press conference? He said he meant to say frickin' and he usually only slips up on the golf course. Well, that part I can understand ;) .

Hey Ozzie,

Roy's "f-bomb" was mentioned in today's installment of "ACC Roundup" linked on the DBR Home Page.

captmojo
02-19-2009, 06:15 PM

I don't really want to listen to any of Roy's pressers. I don't think I want to watch his TV show either. As to slipping up on the golf course, I've always thought they should change the name of the game TO that. :D

OZZIE4DUKE
02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't really want to listen to any of Roy's pressers. I don't think I want to watch his TV show either. As to slipping up on the golf course, I've always thought they should change the name of the game TO that. :D
I didn't listen to it live either, but it has been on the local news all day and was the topic of afternoon sports talk shows, although they bleep out the offending word when they play the clip.
Here's a link to a video of the offending clip
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/video/4567500/

Hancock 4 Duke
02-19-2009, 06:32 PM
There should be some sort of suspension for that, don't you think so?

BD80
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Roy discussing golf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQd49rEF_0

superdave
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling Roy Williams should have been born in 1921 and co-starred on Mayberry RFD, gosh darnit?

I'm not the smartest guy in the worl but I really do hate him. I'm not the dumbest guy either, but I hope those guys get team-wide dyssentary on 3/18 and have to start all walk-ons.

rthomas
02-19-2009, 08:05 PM
%$^E%^$&$%&$!!! So what?

This if &&Y*^!!

I say worse when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning. and go down hill all day.

tele
02-20-2009, 12:10 AM
dadgummit, I meant to say fricken. Only at UNC.

bjornolf
02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Golf IS a four letter word, afterall. My father-in-law always says that golf is the only four letter word that can be used in polite company, yet is the direct cause of so many other ones that can't.

dukestheheat
02-20-2009, 07:59 AM
I heard Roy Williams use the actual F-word directly to a referee in the State game. he was complaining right in front of his bench about a clear out by a State player in the low post. Clear as my miniature Dachshund sleeping right there in front of the fireplace.

Forget all this junk (heard this over the years many, many, many times growing up in North Carolina) about 'Carolina just doesn't wave their hands behind the basket and they don't curse and...'. When I was a kid, and I didn't know any better, I used to listen to people when they'd tell me that Carolina was 'perfect', that Dean Smith was actually a type of God and that they just never made any mistakes at all, ever, and they NEVER cursed. Ever.

an exasperated, but 'there, reality check' dth.

orrnot
02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I heard Roy Williams use the actual F-word directly to a referee in the State game. he was complaining right in front of his bench about a clear out by a State player in the low post. Clear as my miniature Dachshund sleeping right there in front of the fireplace.

Wow. Youtube needs this articulate sleep-cussing weiner dog.

hurleyfor3
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't give a snit about Roy Williams.

blueprofessor
02-20-2009, 09:26 AM

Forget all this junk (heard this over the years many, many, many times growing up in North Carolina) about 'Carolina just doesn't wave their hands behind the basket and they don't curse and...'. When I was a kid, and I didn't know any better, I used to listen to people when they'd tell me that Carolina was 'perfect', that Dean Smith was actually a type of God and that they just never made any mistakes at all, ever, and they NEVER cursed. Ever.

...coached before he won a national championship?:DMoreover, there are many criticisms of Smith that suggest he was anything but a paragon of virtue---they advance that he was totally self-serving.

Best regards---Blueprofessor:)

Billy Dat
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I always have thought that Roy was a great coach - if he keeps cursing I may even start to like him.

CLT Devil
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I figured after all those 'friggin' dangit' and 'gosh dernit' he would slip up one of these days. And it's not the first time he'c cussing in front of/to a reporter.

It seems like 'Ol Roy can get pretty flustered when asked to respond to a question he doesnt like. Remember what he said about K and 'worry about your own doggone lineup?' Turns out K never said anything but Roy took secondhand info and went with it.

I say no suspension....let it go.

Indoor66
02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
I figured after all those 'friggin' dangit' and 'gosh dernit' he would slip up one of these days. And it's not the first time he'c cussing in front of/to a reporter.

It seems like 'Ol Roy can get pretty flustered when asked to respond to a question he doesnt like. Remember what he said about K and 'worry about your own doggone lineup?' Turns out K never said anything but Roy took secondhand info and went with it.

I say no suspension....let it go.

Really, who cares about a sanctimonious carolina dandee. :(

BD80
02-20-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4phpsvxMI

mgtr
02-21-2009, 02:47 AM
I believe that people, particularly public people, should be allowed to express themselve freely. Then we can separate the educated from the dullalrds, the truthful from the liars, and the genuine fron the phoney. How else do we get a handle on those we supposedly respect?