PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Bummer for WBB vs. VT

CameronBornAndBred
02-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure who decided to schedule a home game for the women at the exact same time the men were playing, but I can't see how it was very smart. I imagine the crowd for the ladies tonight will be terrible. Both the men and women play at 7. I would assume that when they schedule home games they at least pay a little attention to what the men are doing. Obviously if the men are playing, they will be on tv, so people will stay home and watch them instead of going to pay and watch the women. For a sport that they actually charge money for tickets, this doesn't make sense. Bright side, if VT somehow pulls off the miracle upset (1-10 in ACC this year) not many people will have witnessed it. For those that are going, kudos to you! Goduke.com has the game listed in the audio section, which surpised me. Usually they will only air the men in case of conflict. It's also on video on ACCSelect.
I don't get to watch either the men or the women due to a school event tonight. Hopefully they will be speedy with their presentations and I get to catch up in the second half of both games. GO DUKE!!

P.S. This is the last home game of the year until the unc matchup. That will be my one and only women's game this year, I'm getting excited for it already!

msdukie
02-19-2009, 05:21 PM
For the last couple of years, when the women are playing at the same time as the men, they have had a radio link, but it is only available on GoDuke and XM, not on 620, which airs the men's game. Tonight's game is also available on ACCSelect, so you can watch 2 games at the same time.

DU82
02-19-2009, 09:41 PM
For the last couple of years, when the women are playing at the same time as the men, they have had a radio link, but it is only available on GoDuke and XM, not on 620, which airs the men's game. Tonight's game is also available on ACCSelect, so you can watch 2 games at the same time.

The crowd was about average for a weeknight.

The game was about average for a weeknight.

VT wasn't very good tonight, we moved it to 15-20 and kept it there the rest of the game (won the second half by a point.) Keturah was not there, Shea was in street clothes, and Joy didn't play much. Chante almost had a double-double in the first half, but it took until about 5 minutes left until she scored her tenth point. It seemed the team kept trying to hit her with passes, but when they actually connected, she didn't.

Still too many errant passes. VT looked so bad tonight it's hard to judge, but we had more penetration into the paint for either layups or good passes. Jasmine looked more under control. Bridgette continues to play hard and well. Abby's pressure defense is key to the team, and when she's set, her outside shot is looking better. Overall a good win, especially not letting down after winning at Tenn.

DukieInKansas
02-20-2009, 09:23 AM

VT wasn't very good tonight, we moved it to 15-20 and kept it there the rest of the game (won the second half by a point.) Keturah was not there, Shea was in street clothes, and Joy didn't play much. Chante almost had a double-double in the first half, but it took until about 5 minutes left until she scored her tenth point. It seemed the team kept trying to hit her with passes, but when they actually connected, she didn't.

Still too many errant passes. VT looked so bad tonight it's hard to judge, but we had more penetration into the paint for either layups or good passes. Jasmine looked more under control. Bridgette continues to play hard and well. Abby's pressure defense is key to the team, and when she's set, her outside shot is looking better. Overall a good win, especially not letting down after winning at Tenn.

Thank you for the report.

MHTorringjan
02-20-2009, 09:55 AM
It killed me that I had to miss the game last night, but I should be able to make the Carolina Senior's night game, and I'll definitely be there for the ACC tourney (my family already has the tickets ;-).

M.H.

CameronBornAndBred
02-20-2009, 11:27 AM

Thanks much for the update. Goduke.com had KJ and Joy both listed as sick, good to see at least Cheek could play some. Selby has a sprained ankle. I hope everyone is healthy for next Sunday, we will need the whole team to beat the holes.

miramar
02-20-2009, 06:02 PM
The box score says attendance was 6166. Can WBB really get that many people on a weeknight that conflicts with MBB, or--as they used to say in the old AFL--did some of the fans come disguised as empty seats?

DU82
02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
The box score says attendance was 6166. Can WBB really get that many people on a weeknight that conflicts with MBB, or--as they used to say in the old AFL--did some of the fans come disguised as empty seats?

The figure includes all tickets sold, which includes all the season tickets that have been sold, even if not used.

There definitely weren't 6166 people in Cameron last night. This has been the case all season with the attendance figures.