PDA

View Full Version : Eastbound and Down

ForeverBlowingBubbles
02-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Filmed in Wilmington NC - Pilot is up on HBO on demand right now.

Do not watch with your kids around. You will either

1) Laugh hysterically
2) Try not to laugh at such crudeness - but inevitably like the Grinch you won't be able to help mustering up a smile as it creeps in from the corner of your lips... be careful the wife doesn't see it though...
3) Be mad at FBB for even recommending this.

I personally couldn't stop laughing - a lot of it had to do with how funny it was that this guy was saying some of the things he was... Bravo to HBO for not censoring.

Anyways - would love to hear what others think.

ChrisP
02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
It IS crude, but I loved it! I'm from NC and could relate to the overall "feel" of the redneck main character. LOVE the mullet! Apparently Danny McBride, aka Kenny Powers on the show, is a graduate of NC School of the Arts in Winston Salem. I just became aware of the show from a little preview on HBO about a week ago and in that thing, they mentioned filming it in NC but for some reason, I thought it was filmed around Charlotte. In any case, it looks promising and is another great Sunday night comedy to follow FOTC.

I know Will Ferrell is an exec producer and he is in the next episode, I believe, so I'll definitely continue to watch.

JDev
02-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I must admit that I found it very funny as well. Danny McBride's obscenity-laced announcement over the intercomm had me rolling.
Will Ferrell was first turned on to McBride after seeing an indie film he did, "The Foot Fist Way." It was filmed in Concord, NC. If you enjoyed the show I recommend checking out the movie, it is the same kind of funny.

CLT Devil
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I had no idea what to expect....and laughed my ares off! From NC too, so Ive seen plenty of fellas like this guy, they still exist around these parts. That one came out of the blue....not bad.

Its a good balance to all the Bill Mahr/Pelosi Daughter nonsense that has turned me off to HBO, but thats all Ill say on that cause I dont want to hijack the thread.

Highly recommend E and D.

weezie
02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I enjoyed Kenny pointing out the kid in gym class that everybody had permission to pick on.
The ex-girlfriend looks like like she's going to be pretty good, too.

Misunderestimated
02-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Just caught it on on-demand. Loved it!! Definitely one to watch while the kids are elsewhere. Kenny Powers reminds me a lot of Mitch Williams.

Thanks for the recommendation. Hope this show stays around...