PDA

View Full Version : Zoubek's new off season routine

huied
02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
After all of the bad news recently, here's something to cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7KO0P5V3k&fmt=18

We need to bring in the Jabbawockeez to train with Z over the summer. If he could move like that, we'd be contenders again in no time! :D

OldSchool
02-16-2009, 01:45 PM
They must have added some serious structural support under that stage.

BTW, I have Brian's new off-season routine right here:

Squat!!

The day after the season ends, Brian enters the squat rack and doesn't step out of it until it's time to pack his bags for Big Man Camp. Oh, except he can step out of it to run wind sprints.

He attends his classes by webcam hooked up to the squat rack. And that's where his professors send the exams to him.

Brian still has not developed the physical base to play at a top level. Nevertheless he has a good frame and looks like he could develop real strength if he worked at it.

I'd be surprised if Brian could do a proper butt-to-grass squat with just 1x his body weight.

The reason his physical development is lagging appears to be that he entered Duke relatively young and then had the series of foot injuries.

No one likes to squat. It's painful as heck, especially the next day. But it's the single best exercise to develop jumping ability as well as overall body strenght.

In high school one can be a 7-footer with an undeveloped jumping ability and dominate. But that doesn't work at an elite collegiate level much less in the pros.

Brian is still a diamond in the rough. It wouldn't surprise me if he really blossoms as an athlete and basketball player only after his college career is over, in a similar way to Shav.