PDA

View Full Version : Production v Minutes Played

omar
02-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Perhaps it's time for Jon to be coming off the bench. Nothing personal, just business. Defensively, I feel that he was Jon-come-lately in many of Tyrese's three point attempts but, then again, perhaps it was a communication issue. Two more points. I am a big Elliott Williams fan; fast quick and tall. I would sure like him to get some PT against the penetrating guards. McClure is a trooper, scraper, and I like his spunk. When he is on the court, however, we handicap our offense. My solution? More PT for Plumlee -tall, athletic and probably frustrated like other recent bigs. Ole Roy plays his frosh with success and develops them no matter the opponent. How do you spell c-o-n f-i-d-e--c-e. It will be interesting to see what lineup K puts on the court against St. John, the prelude to the rematch.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
How do you spell c-o-n f-i-d-e--c-e.
Spell what? :eek:

rsvman
02-16-2009, 11:15 AM
... How do you spell c-o-n f-i-d-e--c-e. ....

Well, generally I put an "n" between the "e" and the "c."

RepoMan
02-16-2009, 02:17 PM
I was having a crappy day until I read this thread.

Thanks, omar. I needed the comedy.

jv001
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Perhaps it's time for Jon to be coming off the bench. Nothing personal, just business. Defensively, I feel that he was Jon-come-lately in many of Tyrese's three point attempts but, then again, perhaps it was a communication issue. Two more points. I am a big Elliott Williams fan; fast quick and tall. I would sure like him to get some PT against the penetrating guards. McClure is a trooper, scraper, and I like his spunk. When he is on the court, however, we handicap our offense. My solution? More PT for Plumlee -tall, athletic and probably frustrated like other recent bigs. Ole Roy plays his frosh with success and develops them no matter the opponent. How do you spell c-o-n f-i-d-e--c-e. It will be interesting to see what lineup K puts on the court against St. John, the prelude to the rematch.

I'm for anything that get's Jon back to where he was at the beginning of this year and how he played as 6th man last year. We need him playing like he's capable of. Go Duke!

ncexnyc
02-16-2009, 02:36 PM
How many people miss Nelson now?

DukeDevilDeb
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
How many people miss Nelson now?

You know, I loved DeMarcus and had a good relationship with him, but I was really disappointed with his performances at the end of the season last year. He played sub-part games in both the ACC and NCAA tournaments. So do I miss him? Yes. Do I miss the trajectory of his play toward the end of the season? Not so much.

shotrocksplitter
02-16-2009, 03:19 PM
You know, I loved DeMarcus and had a good relationship with him, but I was really disappointed with his performances at the end of the season last year. He played sub-part games in both the ACC and NCAA tournaments. So do I miss him? Yes. Do I miss the trajectory of his play toward the end of the season? Not so much.

I miss DeMarcus's rebounding and fires lot. He led the team well.

As for the trajectory of play, it seems to be a team-wide issue that remains this year. Need to figure out what causes this drop and fix it!

cruxer
02-16-2009, 03:29 PM

I dearly loved DeMarcus, but his free throw shooting efficiency really hurt the team last year. Almost as much as the # of minutes we go 4 v 5 on offense this year!

-c