PDA

View Full Version : Props to Lance thread

doctorhook
02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Like everyone else, I am bummed by the game and the unfortunate feeling that this season is looking more and more like the movie Groundhog Day.. But, it is time to give Lance credit for his heart and good play. Doc

bulldog44
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Like everyone else, I am bummed by the game and the unfortunate feeling that this season is looking more and more like the movie Groundhog Day.. But, it is time to give Lance credit for his heart and good play. Doc

I agree, thanks Lance.

eddiehaskell
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I like how he shows emotion and tries to get everyone's head straight.

Oriole Way
02-15-2009, 08:58 PM
He's been the player who has hustled the most and played the hardest since the team hit the wall. Ever since the Clemson game, he's been going all out, and backing up his hustle with good play.

It's still so disappointing that no one is following him.

Hancock 4 Duke
02-15-2009, 09:05 PM
This is the best game LT has had since the Loyola game (which they won by 41). And he had the best game of his life tonight and new years eve (day of Loyola game).

bfree
02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I totally agree. Well done Lance.

jacalcio18
02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Lance looked good, but wasn't he supposed to be an amazing player out of HS from the first place? We still need a better inside presence.

CameronCrazy'11
02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
You can't argue with his heart or hustle. However, most of his points are garbage points. He can't really post his man up or be a go-to guy on offense.

eddiehaskell
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Combine Lance's athleticism with Zoubek's size and you have an awesome big man. BTW - I've seen Zoubek showing some heart too.

Newton_14
02-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I again praise Lance for his recent surge. He is working his rear end off out there and is giving the team alot on both ends of the floor. God Bless him, if he were 6'10 with a bit more length, he would put the hurt on opponents.

If he keeps this up and gets a few more guys to match him in being all they can be, this team will right the ship and go back to winning basketball games.

eddiehaskell
02-15-2009, 11:29 PM
It would be nice to see more emotion on this team. Greg and Lance have it, but I'd like to see it from everyone. It wouldn't hurt to have a "bad guy" either (ala Christian Laettner :D).

dukemsu
02-15-2009, 11:35 PM
It would be nice to see more emotion on this team. Greg and Lance have it, but I'd like to see it from everyone. It wouldn't hurt to have a "bad guy" either (ala Christian Laettner :D).

Not sure the "bad guy" characteristics are the Laettner traits this team could use most. I would say that Singler has as much Laettner 'tude in him as any Duke player in a long time, particularly for a big player.

dukemsu

jv001
02-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Let's face it. Tonight Lance and Brian did not lose this game. Nor did they lose the unc game. Our guard play the last two games has been terrible. It's been bad on offense with Jon going into a long slump and on defense Greg has been really bad. Two key plays at the end of tonight's game really hurt us. Those were two terrible passes from Greg and Jon that led to BC baskets. This is not suppose to happen to our upperclassmen. I say hats off to Lance tonight as he played a very good game. Too bad he fouled out. Go Duke!

sivartrenrag
02-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Well done, Lance.

eddiehaskell
02-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Not sure the "bad guy" characteristics are the Laettner traits this team could use most. I would say that Singler has as much Laettner 'tude in him as any Duke player in a long time, particularly for a big player.

dukemsuIf not bad guy than someone with a swagger. I don't know how to explain it, but guys like Christian, JWill, JJ, Hurley and Wojo had it.

DukeCO2009
02-16-2009, 12:52 AM
You can't argue with his heart or hustle. However, most of his points are garbage points. He can't really post his man up or be a go-to guy on offense.

Those garbage points are points that Zoubek hasn't typically been getting, although he did have a couple tonight. Lance will never be asked to be a go-to-guy, but I disagree that he can't post his man up. He's not great at it, but he shows a move every now and then. His jumped is also pretty solid.

heyman25
02-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I hope he uses today as a foundation for the rest of his playing days at Duke.Good performance today Lance.

whereinthehellami
02-16-2009, 08:32 AM
I like Lance's attitude on the court, in TOs, and on the bench. Fiery and positive.

I think he can become a sold shooter off the elbow. That could be huge for next year.

DUKIECB
02-16-2009, 08:40 AM
I like Lance's attitude on the court, in TOs, and on the bench. Fiery and positive.

I think he can become a sold shooter off the elbow. That could be huge for next year.

I was thinking the same thing. With Lance being a Senior next year, I think his leadership could be a huge asset to the team. He has shown he wants to step up and I believe he can do it. He may not be the "go to" guy, buy he could be a big asset if he makes as much improvement from this year to next as he did from last year to now.

cruxer
02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I love what I've been seeing from LT the last few games. I've always thought that he played as if the game was a little fast for him and when he slowed down a little bit, he played better. The last few games, it seems as though he's caught up to the speed of the game and isn't playing as frenetically.

If we can keep him out of foul trouble, he helps us tremendously when he plays like he did tonight and against UNC. Kudos to Lance.