PDA

View Full Version : New twist to the Duke Curse?

yancem
02-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm was thinking the other day about what the Duke team would have looked like last year or this year if we hadn't missed out on Patterson or Monroe when it hit me that there might be a new twist to the Duke curse.

Patterson spurned Duke 2 years ago and his freshman season was marred by injury (missed around 5-6 games) and a sub par (for Kentucky anyway) season for the team. Kentucky went 18-13 with a first round loss in the ncaa tournament.

Monroe spurned Duke last year and Georgetown is in a downward spiral that I doubt anyone could have seem coming.

I wonder what will happen next year for Boynton and the Florida Gators?

jma4life
02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
I'll settle for the curse being their not being able to see Duke fall in the first weekend of the tournament.

Indoor66
02-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I'll settle for the curse being their not being able to see Duke fall in the first weekend of the tournament.

I would rather it be that they do see Duke play on the last weekend of the tournament!

jv001
02-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I would love to see Duke land a good big guy and a good point guard and just forget the Duke Curse. Go Duke!!

Devilsfan
02-14-2009, 10:13 PM
JV, I think everyone would more than second your post.

KenTankerous
02-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I'll second JV's dribble.

As a Kentucky fan, YAY! We landed the big man! But we have no coach. We have no supporting cast. We have no heart.

Love what you got, seriously...