PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else mad that Uconn lost a player

gofurman
02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I am - thought I would never say that but as I see the Heels having a shot and us not (or a very long shot) I want all the other top teams to be strong. ABC (even though I dislike UConn)

BlueintheFace
02-13-2009, 03:46 PM
A UConn championship would give Calhoun 3 championships... at this point, for me, it is ABC and Calhoun.

Fish80
02-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I feel bad for Dyson. The latest report that I read said "an MRI Thursday revealed a torn lateral meniscus" and they wouldn't know if he was out for the season until after surgery.

But in the scheme of things, I'm not mad at all, and I'll shed no tears for UConn. Injuries happen, and over the years we've had our share. A healthy DeMarcus probably makes a big difference in JJ and Shelden's senior years.

Don't concede the title to those heels just yet.

gofurman
02-13-2009, 03:53 PM
A UConn championship would give Calhoun 3 championships... at this point, for me, it is ABC and Calhoun.

Oh I agree that I don't like either option - but I'll give Calhoun one long before the Heels. If Duke can't win I would rather Capel get one as first choice

flyingdutchdevil
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
UCONN vs UNC in the finals would be the worst thing possible. Much worse than another 10 years of Hansbrough in the ACC.

If that game happens, someone send me a shotgun and a single shell.

Go Duke! (and if not, then go rest of the 64 teams! Anyone but UCONN or UNC)

hurleyfor3
02-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm far more concerned about our own NCAA prospects at this point than anything that happens to Uconn. Besides, this year looks real wide open.

shadowfax336
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
As a Duke fan whose also a Pitt fan, I dislike UConn from 2 directions. I never want players to get injured, but if it had to happen to somebody...

shotrocksplitter
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I have no love for uconn, but this is getting a bit out of hand.

Let's do what we always do and root against those teams we dislike. Getting mad because an injury gives Carolina a better shot at the title is both an extremely long shot and very childish.

Virginian
02-13-2009, 07:29 PM
The game against Syracuse showed UConn can do quite well without Dyson. But really, NO ONE should want UConn in the championship game under any circumstances. Come on. The VERY LAST thing we want is Calhoun gooning his way to another title. Sheesh.

Faison1
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
That's pretty funny, because I was just discussing the same thing in my office with an FSU fan.....

In order of loathing, I'd rank UNC #1, with UConn a very close #2.....but in the big scheme of things, and especially after Wednesday night, I'd have to go with UConn if I was forced to pick between the two.

Out of pure curiousity, I looked at the recruiting rankings for their team (Uconn), and Thabeet was ranked somewhere around #40....and if memory serves, the rest of their current roster wasn't unusually high either.....why can't we seem to find those diamond's in the rough?????

gofurman
02-13-2009, 10:46 PM
That's pretty funny, because I was just discussing the same thing in my office with an FSU fan.....

In order of loathing, I'd rank UNC #1, with UConn a very close #2.....but in the big scheme of things, and especially after Wednesday night, I'd have to go with UConn if I was forced to pick between the two.

Out of pure curiousity, I looked at the recruiting rankings for their team (Uconn), and Thabeet was ranked somewhere around #40....and if memory serves, the rest of their current roster wasn't unusually high either.....why can't we seem to find those diamond's in the rough?????

that's all I was saying