PDA

View Full Version : Warcrack

DukeUsul
04-06-2007, 09:42 AM
So I haven't heard any discussion about it before on the boards..... but is anybody as much of a World of Warcraft addict as I am?

snowdenscold
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
So I haven't heard any discussion about it before on the boards..... but is anybody as much of a World of Warcraft addict as I am?

I purposefully resisted for over a year - it wasn't till I was visiting a friend in Denver last October that he begged me the entire weekend to guy buy the game and play with him.
Eventually I broke down and did - we played the whole weekend, and then he never signed on again, and now I'm level 70 - go figure.

Anyway, I've been playing a lot less the past month or so - trying to decide if I should just suspend my account or not.
I play on Hakkar, btw.

hc5duke
04-06-2007, 01:50 PM
You nerds sicken me!

Now back to watching Futurama...

DukeUsul
04-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I avoided playing for the first year or so it was out, but eventually had to give in once I got a friend's 10-day pass. It's like that first free sample of crack.

I'm up to 61 now. Wyndar the Night-Elf Druid on Kargath.

Cavlaw
04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I loved the original Warcraft game, and really enjoyed Warcraft 2.

I played the first couple of MMORPGs that came out (a friend was a lead programmer on Everquest), but never really got into them. I finally decided to give the free trial for WoW a try a couple months ago, and became bored with the clickfest within about 45 minutes...

The original Neverwinter Nights, on the other hand, had me hooked for about 3 years. I'm really looking forward to Bioware's new game, Mass Effect, coming out on the 360 in June.

Reisen
04-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Lvl 70 Undead Warlock on Cenarion Circle. I was in an "Uber-Guild" for a year, but hard core Warcraft (or any MMORPG) and a real life just don't mix. I loved raiding the high-end instances, Molten Core when it first came out, then BWL and AQ40, but I liked raiding one or two nights a week. Way too many people raid 5 nights a week or more...

Horde-side RP servers are about as "mature" as you can get in WoW. I couldn't imagine trying to play alliance-side on a normal server. Barrens chat is bad enough, but I can only imagine Goldshire on a normal server!

I played Everquest extensively while I was at Duke, but my real love back then was First Person Shooters (Rainbow Six anyone?).

PS- This post is going to make absolutely NO sense to anyone who hasn't played the game.

hc5duke
04-06-2007, 03:35 PM
hard core Warcraft (or any MMORPG) and a real life just don't mix.

Actually 2 of my coworkers met their boyfriend/girlfriend on WoW.