PDA

View Full Version : Those other ACC games

pfrduke
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
State up 8 on Wake at the half. I have to admit, I really don't get why the Deacs have been playing so poorly lately, and I am at a complete loss to explain how a team that goes 7'0", 6'9", 6'9" across its front line can be so bad at rebounding.

The Hokies are up 10 in the battle of the Techs. These are the games VT absolutely needs to be winning to try to solidify their case for an NCAA bid.

OldSchool
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
State now up 13 early in the second half.

I don't know whether to attribute it to Wake playing poorly or State playing up to their abilities. State has an excellent front line, and Costner and McCauley are veterans.

The way to defend Wake, if you have the bigs to bang with them, is to simply collapse and pay extra care to Teague. Make the perimeter guys other than Teague beat you from outside, that is Wake's weak point.

Too bad that game is not televised.

juise
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
State is up 20 now. You have to love conference play. Familiarity breed insanity (unpredictability).

riksmits
02-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Youth. Inexperience.

DukedOutTwins
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't have a dog in the State-Wake fight, but come on... not televised!!!

Raycom, ESPN, College Sports (CBS), and FSN all had a shot at this game and they passed it up!!!!

Who did I need to complain to?!?!? Who dropped the ball? Wake and/or State Sports Information, or the networks...

or is ACC Select making a power play?

allenmurray
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Agree completely. The #7 ranked team in the country plays one of its in-state rivals and instead we get two unranked teams in a pretty meaningless game. Raycome really blew that one.

Slackerb
02-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Great game by State, you gotta give Sid some credit in this one. Sounds like he threw some junk defenses at them and exposed their lack of shooting.

State is the scariest "bad" team in the conference.

Onlyduke
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
..... how great Wake will play when they come to Cameron. This happens all the time to Duke ..... we always get everyone's best shot.