PDA

View Full Version : Poll skew for Coach K!

zingit
02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
ESPN Page 2 is having a "State of the Sports Union" poll (http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/polling?event_id=3777), and asks both "Who is the best coach in America?" with Coach K getting 12.2% right now (ahead of Roy Williams' 2.6%) and "Who is the most admirable sports figure right now?" with Coach K getting 10.4%. That puts him in 4th place of the people listed, but with over 200,000 people having voted already, that's still a pretty nice compliment to him.

For me, the most surprising result was from this question: "In the past year, have you booed a player or coach on one of your favorite teams?" and 57.4% are saying yes! Ugh.

Oh man, I have spent waaaay too much time this weekend reading about basketball. I need to go do some work.

hc5duke
02-08-2009, 11:30 PM
36) Which do you prefer?

65.9% Character
34.1% Talent

I must say that's somewhat refreshing... then I saw

37) Which do you prefer?

68.4% Winning percentage
31.6% Graduation rate

Bluedog
02-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I must say that's somewhat refreshing... then I saw

I know what you're saying, but if you're honest with yourself, what would you rather have: a 95% graduation rate on the b-ball team and an NIT tourney berth-type season. Or a 65% graduation rate and a Final Four appearance? I'm for BOTH, but I determine the success of the season by the performance on the court and not the graduation rate of the season....personally. I know, shocking! :eek: I agree that I'd be pretty angry with a near 0% graduation rate a la Maryland, however. But, again, being honest, I'd be much more angry with a 0-32 season.