PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Guy on ESPN

rthomas
02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
The documentary:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3892861

A pastor of a church in Tennessee??????? Holy snikey!

RainingThrees
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Gotta love Speedo guy. If I actually see his son in 20 years that will be amazing. Just thinking about 20 years from now is a little mind-boggling.

bjornolf
02-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I was just watching sportscenter, and they showed the whole thing on there. I ran down to my computer to put that up, but it was already here. It lasted a good three minutes. It...was...awesome.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I was just watching sportscenter, and they showed the whole thing on there. I ran down to my computer to put that up, but it was already here. It lasted a good three minutes. It...was...awesome.
This little feature has become a staple in the days leading up to the first Duke - Carolina game of the season. It's been on several times today.

weezie
02-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Was any mention made here on DBR about the guy at the Georgetown game who was under the basket and pulled his shirt up over his impressive belly during GTown's foul shots?
It was a sight to behold, no speedo guy but eye-catching nonetheless.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Was any mention made here on DBR about the guy at the Georgetown game who was under the basket and pulled his shirt up over his impressive belly during GTown's foul shots?
It was a sight to behold, no speedo guy but eye-catching nonetheless.
It was NOT a pretty sight, to say the least. :eek::rolleyes:

MHTorringjan
02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Can we maybe get a guy in a pink tutu for this year? I think that'd beat out any speedo that we could wear this year just from originality alone. ;-) Plus, last year's speedo guy needed some better planning in his routine and should have avoided the particular motions that he used. I'm all for school spirit and enthusiasm and free-throw distracting, but I think that one might have crossed some lines. :-\

As for the ESPN bit, they showed it last year, too. I loved that, since the original speedo guy was awesome!

AtlBluRew
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm disappointed that Coach K disapproves of Speedo Guy. It's a fan legend and he should realize that it's not something that can be repeated with effect ... so even if he doesn't like it, he could have kept that to himself.

Exiled_Devil
02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm disappointed that Coach K disapproves of Speedo Guy. It's a fan legend and he should realize that it's not something that can be repeated with effect ... so even if he doesn't like it, he could have kept that to himself.

The real issue is that someone else didn't realize it couldn't be repeated. Speedo Guy was a one-time event, and the attempt to relive it last year was poor form in execution and in inspiration. IT smacked of an ESPN-sponsored bit last year, and the guy who did it did not represent Duke well.

I say we hang the speedo in the rafters.

TheBrianZoubekExperience
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Last years's speedo guy was horrible. He also did the "suck it" WWF move which was pretty dumb. That guy sucked.

The funniest thing about that story is how the guy's wife was dating his brother and then claims to swtich to date and marry the speedo guy. To me thats just weird. Dating someone and then dumping them for their brother. Does anyone have more info on that?

MulletMan
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
The real issue is that someone else didn't realize it couldn't be repeated. Speedo Guy was a one-time event, and the attempt to relive it last year was poor form in execution and in inspiration. IT smacked of an ESPN-sponsored bit last year, and the guy who did it did not represent Duke well.

I say we hang the speedo in the rafters.

Amen. The second guy who did it (not the guy last year... he was the third one), did it as a tribute to his buddy, but was not nearly as good.

It was not ESPN sponsored last year, and the producer of the piece was actually really upset by the guy last year.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Coach K has the right and responsibility to voice an opinion about events in Cameron when he believes such events are out of line. He is very selective about when he does voice his opinion. In this case, his comment seemed to be a response, part of the video production on the original Speedo man.