PDA

View Full Version : ACC refs are terrible and inconsistent

RelativeWays
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Don't know if any of you are watching the NCSU/VT game but Courtney Fells got called for a flagrant foul on some VT play by trying to block a breakaway dunk. Fells clearly went for the ball, in fact didn't swipe at the VT guy at all, but the momentum caused a scary moment where the VT play ran into the goalpost face first. If anything, it was just a regular contact foul but the ACC refs caved to the VT fans and assessed a technical foul. Poor, poor job by the ACC refs, apparently they call contact on the whim of the home crowd. I'd fine them

wolfpackdevil
02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Don't know if any of you are watching the NCSU/VT game but Courtney Fells got called for a flagrant foul on some VT play by trying to block a breakaway dunk. Fells clearly went for the ball, in fact didn't swipe at the VT guy at all, but the momentum caused a scary moment where the VT play ran into the goalpost face first. If anything, it was just a regular contact foul but the ACC refs caved to the VT fans and assessed a technical foul. Poor, poor job by the ACC refs, apparently they call contact on the whim of the home crowd. I'd fine them

I am a big NC State fan, and I have watched this whole game.

The refs were calling the game State's way for the first 20 minutes.
And theyn they all of decided to stop calling fouls, and making bad ones when they did blow the whistle.

Very bad refs this game, and Seth Greenburg should have been ejected in the first half

Newton_14
02-08-2009, 03:59 PM

I am watching the game and that was in fact a horrible call. Fells came in from a good angle and had all ball at the top. He did not swing wildly or overly hard, just a solid block attempt. He fouled him with the body. Should have been just a normal foul call. Good ol Jamie Luckie