PDA

View Full Version : Go figure - Clemson loses to FSU

FerryFor50
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
What's more frustrating?

Clemson throws up a stinker against FSU but plays lights out against us?

- or -

FSU couldn't seal the deal versus UNC?

OldSchool
02-07-2009, 09:14 PM
FSU couldn't seal the deal against UNC. They were up 3 with the ball with 1:14 left and Douglas throws an ill-advised pass that Green picked off and took the other way.

Beat Duke at your peril - the Duke curse strikes again.

FSU is just the type of team to give Clemson fits - big and physical with an outstanding guard in Douglas.

This win by FSU really opens up the race for the regular season crown - you have Duke and UNC at 2 losses and now a bunch of quality teams at 3 losses.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Ahhhh, February in the ACC!

FerryFor50
FSU couldn't seal the deal against UNC. They were up 3 with the ball with 1:14 left and Douglas throws an ill-advised pass that Green picked off and took the other way.

Beat Duke at your peril - the Duke curse strikes again.

FSU is just the type of team to give Clemson fits - big and physical with an outstanding guard in Douglas.

This win by FSU really opens up the race for the regular season crown - you have Duke and UNC at 2 losses and now a bunch of quality teams at 3 losses.

Unfortunately, Clemson doesn't really play anyone that tough from here on out until the last game of the ACC regular season when they play Wake, while Duke and UNC play each other twice, and Duke plays Wake again.

Going to be interesting down the stretch...

ncexnyc
The Clemson loss doesn't surprise me at all. They played the perfect game against us the other night, which they didn't tonight and FSU isn't a bad team, especially when they get a quality game from Douglas.

WojoSay?
02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
C: Both Clemson losing to FSU and a UNC loss would have been good. Either way, it is good Clemson drops a game considering their remaining schedule.

I'm only focused on one thing now....beating UNC Wednesday night!

LGD!

Newton_14
02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
FSU blowing the game against the holes is the most frustrating one to me.

FSU beating Clemson is easier to take. FSU is a quality team and they match up well with Clemson. They have the guards to handle Clemson's press, and great interior defense to counter Booker. They held hanswalk to 8 points.

I did not see the FSU/Clemson game and have not read any info on it, but I would imagine the press was ineffective, Booker had a hard time down low, and Terence O likely had a hard time getting his shot off.

Plus after killing us they were primed for a major letdown anyway...

FerryFor50
02-07-2009, 09:29 PM
FSU blowing the game against the holes is the most frustrating one to me.

FSU beating Clemson is easier to take. FSU is a quality team and they match up well with Clemson. They have the guards to handle Clemson's press, and great interior defense to counter Booker. They held hanswalk to 8 points.

I did not see the FSU/Clemson game and have not read any info on it, but I would imagine the press was ineffective, Booker had a hard time down low, and Terence O likely had a hard time getting his shot off.

Plus after killing us they were primed for a major letdown anyway...

Yea, Booker was pretty quiet. And Oglesby was Oglesby (read: not very good): 2-9, 1-6 from 3

FSU killed them on the boards and Clemson didn't get nearly as many calls than against Duke...

CDu
02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
The Clemson loss doesn't surprise me at all. They played the perfect game against us the other night, which they didn't tonight and FSU isn't a bad team, especially when they get a quality game from Douglas.

Exactly. Sort of similar to Wake (though not as good as Wake), who handled Clemson at Clemson. FSU isn't as good as Duke, but they match up better with Clemson than we do.

roywhite
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Surprised by the Clemson loss. In fact, I was literally surprised by this thread, because I watched the first half of the Clemson--FSU game, with Clemson comfortably ahead, then turned off the TV for dinner.

IMO a classic example of a letdown following an emotional game against Duke.

tbyers11
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I didn't watch the game but FSU, like Duke, game back from a huge 2nd half deficit to win. Clemson was up 42-24 with 17 minutes left in the 2nd half, before being outscored 42-19 the rest of the way.

The negative effects for Duke and the positive effects for Clemson from Wednesday nights game each appeared to last for about 22 1/2 minutes.

grossbus
02-07-2009, 10:36 PM
"The negative effects for Duke and the positive effects for Clemson from Wednesday nights game each appeared to last for about 22 1/2 minutes.'

astute analysis :D

dukemsu
02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Another classic case of Dukeitis.

It never fails.

Not quite ready for prime time, Tigers.

dukemsu

captmojo
02-08-2009, 06:46 AM
The curse is always alive and well.